Quark

snow_white78

I saw somewhere on here all the things that can be made with quark but lost it again - which thread is it under? I have a tub in my fridge and need inspiring!

Not sure what thread, sorry. Know what you mean though about needing inspiration, Quark on it's own is disgusting, bought it the other day and had to throw it away!

I can confirm it's pretty awful on it's own. I tried it in an omelette but it didn't come out very well. I'd like to hear any inspiring recipes for it too.

I saw somewhere on here all the things that can be made with quark but lost it again - which thread is it under? I have a tub in my fridge and need inspiring!

Is this the one you were looking for? found it from 6 days ago has some great idea's.
Uses for Quark

Add very low fat fromage frais to quark with some herbs & garlic to make a lovely dip.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Add garlic puree (you don’t need very much) to a tub of quark, mix together and keep in the fridge to add to almost anything! Try dipping slimming world chips into it or use as a topping for jacket potatoes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Mix with a tin of tuna, chopped spring onion, red pepper and a tsp of paprika for a sandwich filling or jacket potato topping.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mix salmon with a tub of quark place on a bed of rocket leaves and top with asparagus and black pepper. (Lovely as a starter)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mix quark with cooked leeks, mushrooms, fat free fromage frais or yoghurt and stir through pasta. It makes a really nice creamy sauce.
------------------------------------------------------------------------- Quark is a good alternative to cottage cheese when making quiche, just whisk it into the eggs and pour over the base mixture.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Make a sugar free jelly up as the packet says and set aside to cool (2 sins). Mix a matching flavoured Muller light with a pot of quark. Carefully stir in jelly and allow to set in the fridge over night.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Mix equal parts quark and Mullerlight (any flavour). Add a little sweetener and put into ice cream maker - delicious!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Add sweetener, mix well and use as a free topping on fruit.

Back