QUEEN SIZE TO PRINCESS

Oh I thought that was how the class decided the winner. I have no personal knowledge of it so could be wrong, just from things on the forum gave me that idea. Don't panic!:D

I got my nicer dicer through the post today. Does anyone else have one? It's so fun and I've eaten 3 apples so far just because it's too fun not to use. :giggle: I bought it from ebay, don't think it's the actual JML one but it works really well. No excuses for missing fruit and veg now I don't need to cut it up by hand, yes I'm THAT lazy!

Chooping veg is a pain in the bum Laura, especially when you chop as much up as we do! lol I'm a lazy sod - I buy all mine ready prepared and just chuck it in the steamer :D

You're probs right about the speech thing, I have no idea. I'm hoping not though :eek: Otherwise I'll have to turn up drunk! :8855::8855:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one Bev. I buy bags of salad just because I cba to chop up lettuce! It comes with air tight tubs which apparently keep fruit and veg from turning brown so my plan is to make a salad each day for college and as it's chopped straight in the tub it's so simple. The other pot I can use for fruit. Throw in some crackers and lunch all sorted. It should keep me out of the cafe with a bit of luck.:)

If they ask for a speech I'm sure you;ll be fine! It might be a good idea to have one of your baths though.;)

What does it do then Laura?

I got a pineapple corer and slicer this week - have eaten 2 pineapples since, just to use the gadget!!!

Gadgets are fab if we use them, if not they're just a pain in the bum!

Have a look if you can handle the annoying shouty voice on the video. Nicer Dicer I only paid £10 for mine including postage on ebay but mine says it's a genius nicer dicer rather than JML. It's exactly the same though so good bargain. Apparently there's a mini one around which isn't so good so if you're tempted then go for the normal large one.

One of my baths! :8855::8855: I nearly sprayed my screen with water then! LOL

Life's too short to waste time chopping veg Laura, I'd say we were being sensible with our use of time - not lazy at all ;) :D lol

Your new gadget sounds fab. It will be a god send when you start college - save you loads of valuable study time :D When do you start chick?

Once you've got your first day over with, it will be alot less scary. I can understand how you feel though - The thought of doing something is very often worse than the actual thing.

You'll be fine sweetie. I know you will :)

It's another step along to road to your date with the new Laura. Wait till you meet her, t'will be wonderful. I'm excited for you! lol xxx

Thanks Bev. I'm a bit of a worrier and having spent the last 10 years as a recluse, hiding from everything it's a big step. I'm so pleased I'm doing it and I guess I know I'll cope but don't quite feel it yet! Oh dear, a new Laura, what if I don't like her?:p

Thanks xx

So, do you win anything if you are chosen WOTY? Or do you just get a clap (like you do in class :p;)

Good luck with the college Laura, what are you studying? We are here to hold your virtual hand hun.

Gadgets, who has gadgets? I love kitchen gadgets? Is it easy to clean/use?

Oh I just watched the video, I want one, I wonder if it is really that easy or when I try and do the tomato, it squishes and squirts everywhere, looks good though, noseying ebay now

Thanks Never22.:) It's an access course in health and social care. I'm planning to go to uni in 2012 to be a midwife if everything works out. Gives me time to get healthy!

It says it's easy to clean, goes in the dishwasher, not that I have one.:( You have to push down pretty hard and I haven't tried a tomato yet which must be the worst if it splatters.:eek: I'm not sure I'm allowed to post ebay items but I'll risk it NEW NICER DICER CUTTER CHOPPER SLICER SET - BOXED on eBay (end time 22-Sep-10 14:15:09 BST)this is where I bought it from though now it's £1 cheaper than 2 days ago, I was robbed I tell you!

Yes that one you linked is the same box but I think that cheaper one must be the same. It's the person I bought it from anyway.:)

My tuppence worth ...

Hello all and thanks for accepting me into your lovely group ... and the warm comforting welcome.

I am just going to jump in here from where I am as this thread moves so fast it is hard to keep up and I have to start somewhere. So if I miss anything please forgive my gaff until I get used to it.

Capricorn - Well done for the gym it’s good once you start, keep up the good work. I go mainly with my hubby as I am still a bit uncomfortable going by myself not that anyone cares I’m sure. He goes swimming and for a sauna afterward and I am looking forward to doing that with him but right now I don’t have a costume that fits and a bit nervous about being so n*ked in public lol.

Corsacar – Congratulations on your 3 stone shiny. I am sure you are feeling a real difference now – feels good doesn’t it? Woman of the year too .. impressed – be proud! I can see there are some real superstars in this group.

Karen – Hope you are feeling better soon. When I am ill I always head for the fridge, well I used to. Hopefully those days are gone. Buffalo Marinade .. mm that sounds great is that something you make yourself? Can I pinch?

Surreygal – Well done on losing after your holiday, now that is will power and focus.

Patsy – Getting back in the race is what counts it is how we will all get to our desired destination.

Never22again – Sometimes the work we put in doesn’t reflect on the scales, hopefully, next week you will get your reward. I know how frustrating that can be. Our bodies are funny old things and for all the leaps and bounds human beings have made over millions of years I am sure the one thing some of at least wish, is that it would blooming forget about starvation mode and holding onto fat. Having said that 2 pounds is a great loss. Well done.

Bev – Well done on your 4 off and your 3.5 stone shiny. Blimey lots of congratulations due here, SOTW and Woman of the Year. Kudos to you girl, that is fantastic. It’s not in the least big headed, shout it from the rooftops it is a great achievement.

Laura – Love the look of the new gadget I am dead lazy when it comes to chopping stuff so anything that makes it easier is ok in my book though my OH freaks everytime I bring another gadget into an already bulging kitchen. I just bought one of those chip makers from Lakeland, I love it but my OH still doesn’t believe you can eat chips on SW but then the way I make them nobody would want them lol. still haven't mastered that yet. You will be find in college Laura, everybody will be equally nervous remember that. And I am sure you will shine!

I have WI tomorrow night, hope to lose 3.5 pounds so I can get my 3.5 stone shiny and take me down into the 22's.

My OH has gone away to a rally today and I am feeling a bit lonely. Normally, I am packing his bags and whistling the taxi but I am just back at work after a long illness so feeling a bit fragile on all fronts ... oh well its only until Sunday and he deserves a break.

I am watching Man v Food on TV, does anyone like that programme. It is kind of like voyeuristic eating. lol. Why do I torture myself!

Till next time .... :D xx

Evening ladies! :)

Apologies for being AWOL the last couple of days - I decided to move loads of my stuff back down to Pembrokeshire and go in for the GCSE results today. Lots of fun as you can imagine! :8855:

Wow!!!! Loads of congratulations needed! :D

Patsy, Bev and Never22 - well done on the fabulous losses ladies! I'm dead chuffed for you! I think I've already congratulated Surreygal and Capricorn, but one more won't hurt! Well done all you lovely ladies, wooo! :bliss:

Corsacar and Bev - well done on your new shiny stickers ladies! You're doing fabulously well! :) I'm hoping to join you with the 3 stone shiny this week Corsacar, but I'm not holding out much hope as haven't really been on plan since Friday ;) Oops! :eek: Also, congratulations to you both on Woman of the Year! That really is a fabulous achievement! :D

Capricorn - sounds like you're doing so well with your exercise!! I really wish I had even 1/4 of your dedication to getting fit! :eek: I just always seem to be too tired! Poor excuse I know, but maybe once I'm back in work again I might have a bit more enthusiasm :)

Karen - hope you're feeling a bit better now hun! :) :grouphugg:

Laura - you'll do fabulously well on your course hun, we're all so proud of you! Same goes for Karen - you're starting a course this Autumn as well aren't you? :)

Patsy - you dirty mare!!! :eek: Trotting off for a dirty weekend in York! :eek: Shame on you! Although just think of all that body magic ;) :giggle:

Big hello to everybody, and sorry to anyone I've missed out! :) I'm off to collapse in a shattered heap!

Sian xxx

Oh, Carole - I've started only making my chips with Maris Piper potatoes and they've started turning out well! I parboil them for about 5 minutes once the water comes to the boil, then drain them and give them a bit of a shake in the saucepan (not too much though otherwise they'll fall apart! :))

I then tip them onto a baking tray, spray with the sunflower frylight (not the olive oil one) and sprinkle some salt over them before chucking them in the oven on about 220 degrees. Turn them after about 15 minutes, spray again, and chuck them back in the oven for another 15 minutes! :) Voila! I cut them quite chunky to stop them falling apart too much xxx

Back