QUEEN SIZE TO PRINCESS

Hi all. It's lovely to see some extra life in the group again. :) Well done on the fabulous loses last week and good luck for this week everyone.

If you don't want to listen to a great big moan then please stop reading now.

I need help! I don't know what's going on but I'm putting ON weight. Last week it was a completely undeserved 1.5lbs which I can't figure out at all. I'll happily admit to being less than perfect but I'm not sure how going over the weeks syns by 25 can make such a huge difference considering I've always had slightly more than I am meant to. Anyway, I put it behind me because I'd had 2 massive losses the 2 weeks before so assumed it was water or something. Now though I'm fed up. I have WI tomorrow night and my scales (which are the same as SW ones) have got me as having gained 7lbs. Now I know that nothing is official before tomorrow though even with a great big poo I'll hardly get that down by much! I'm just completely confused. I know that I always tell people to wait and see so feel free to tell me the same. I just don't know what's going on though! 1 week is fine, time for my body to catch up or whatever but a second week doesn't make sense to me. I came home from WI last week a bit gutted but I didn't do anything silly like eat the huge pizza I fancied. All my meals this week have been free and my syns are within the limit. It feels like I'm going mad or something. :cry:

I'm now having visions of being nearly 10 stone heavier again and it's scary. I don't know what to do. :cry: I've been fretting alot recently about the state of my body but I thought I was looking forward to getting to 10 stone lost but now with it being 5lbs away I just wonder whether something is holding me back, perhaps I'm eating in my sleep or using butter without realising.:eek: Haha I know that sounds mad but it feels like I must be doing something very very wrong and I don't know what it is because nothing has changed. Arghh what's wrong with me?:(

Hi all. It's lovely to see some extra life in the group again. :) Well done on the fabulous loses last week and good luck for this week everyone.

If you don't want to listen to a great big moan then please stop reading now.

I need help! I don't know what's going on but I'm putting ON weight. Last week it was a completely undeserved 1.5lbs which I can't figure out at all. I'll happily admit to being less than perfect but I'm not sure how going over the weeks syns by 25 can make such a huge difference considering I've always had slightly more than I am meant to. Anyway, I put it behind me because I'd had 2 massive losses the 2 weeks before so assumed it was water or something. Now though I'm fed up. I have WI tomorrow night and my scales (which are the same as SW ones) have got me as having gained 7lbs. Now I know that nothing is official before tomorrow though even with a great big poo I'll hardly get that down by much! I'm just completely confused. I know that I always tell people to wait and see so feel free to tell me the same. I just don't know what's going on though! 1 week is fine, time for my body to catch up or whatever but a second week doesn't make sense to me. I came home from WI last week a bit gutted but I didn't do anything silly like eat the huge pizza I fancied. All my meals this week have been free and my syns are within the limit. It feels like I'm going mad or something. :cry:

I'm now having visions of being nearly 10 stone heavier again and it's scary. I don't know what to do. :cry: I've been fretting alot recently about the state of my body but I thought I was looking forward to getting to 10 stone lost but now with it being 5lbs away I just wonder whether something is holding me back, perhaps I'm eating in my sleep or using butter without realising.:eek: Haha I know that sounds mad but it feels like I must be doing something very very wrong and I don't know what it is because nothing has changed. Arghh what's wrong with me?:(

Laura,
((hugs))) our bodies are a complete mystery to me. You have done so fantastically well that I would not imagine its something to to with the plan....perhaps your retaining fluid?

Wait to see what your official weigh in brings but don't lose heart, keeping plodding along and you will be rewarded :)
xxx

Laura you have done absolutely amazingly so far & have been such an inspiration to me seeing your losses. Our body is a weird & wonderful (& sometimes darn right annoying) thing & like Claire said perhaps you are retaining water but try not to feel down. See what WI brings tomorrow & maybe it wont be as bad as you think

Corsacar..well done on your 7lb loss. Was the success express difficult to stick to??

Well done everyone else on their losses too. WI for me tomorrow & I promise whatever the news is this week I wont throw any toys out of the pram this time!!!!:D

Wow! Well done Corsacar! Must try to up the superspeed foods myself and hope that helps!

Have fallen off the wagon today and had half a portion of chips from the chippy - did manage to avoid having anything with them though, so it could have been worse!!!

Laura, (((hugs))) - I can only echo what others have already said - you have done soooooooo well, don't let one blip get you down! I have no idea why our bodies do what they do, but I suppose that just as sometimes we lose more than we think we've 'deserved' to one week, then sometimes we don't get what our efforts deserve. Just keep strong and keep going and it will right itself eventually! The only other thing I can suggest is have you got yourself into a bit of a rut food-wise? I mean having the same meals too frequently? I know I do that and it definitely slows the losses, so maybe you could try and shake it up a bit for a week? Try an all red week, or all green? Or even (*shudders*) a fishy week? fingers crossed for you tomorrow night anyway xxx

Well done on your loss jigglymum, hope this week is turning out less stressful for you!

Hope OH feels better soon Capricorn - my Dad suffers from gout and it's not nice, but it is manageable once you find the right prescription.

Oh, and my stifado at the weekend was a complete disaster, so much so that it ended up in the bin...even the cats wouldn't eat it! I put the herbs in a bag and popped them in, put about twice as many in as normal, thinking it would take more effort for them to flavour the food from a bag and it ended up too cinnamony... it was almost like 'hot cross beef'! *sigh*

Good morning ladies...

Its yet ANOTHER manky, drizzly n soggy day here *suprise*
Still, I have no need to be going out so hey ho :p
Laura - *hugs* - Don't get down Mrs -you have come sooooooooo far, and done so amazingly well :winner: - and you won't gain it all back...you are too strong for that..
I know it sounds obvious but could you try and go back to the basics... when you get 30 mins sit and read through the book again so you have it all fresh in your mind and then plan plan plan - and as others have suggested, try and get some variety in your meals -do you think your body could be getting used to what food is coming? Give us a yell if you want some new recipes to try ;)
Spanx - sorry your stiffado didn't work.... its so annoying when you are looking forward to something and then it lets you down isn't it :mad:

Well Im going to busy myself typing up some more meal plans and recipes today ;) -tonight Im doing *dead good carbonara* and will report back if it is :p -hope so as it has PROPER cream in :drool::giggle:
Right I will get off for now -have a lovely day and keep up the great work!!

Hi all. Thank you for your kind words. I knew when I posted that I sounded like a right moany cow so I appreciate you replying even more! I am in a rut, I'm finding it hard to find time to try new things, can't afford the things I was eating through the summer and so sticking with cheap unexciting food. Silly really because I know that's a bad thing but I've not sorted myself out. Your reminders have given me the kick that I need. I will sit down today (no college for once woohoooo:D) go through all your recipes Capricorn and write a long list and order a great big delivery. Sod the money, the way I've been feeling the past week or so shows how much my mood is based on my weight loss and I'd rather be happy and poor than have a bit of money in the bank and miserable. :giggle:

The scales are a little kinder this morning. I'll eat some salads today I think in the hope of cheating another 1lb or so off through lack of stodge. Yes I'm a cheat but I don't care, I just don't want to see a big fat gain in my book if I can help it!

Love you guys, thanks again xx

Just a quick rant. I'm a little worried that after such a big loss last week I will gain agin this week. I intend to stick to success express most of the time now but j wa just wondering of anyone else has experienced a big loss and what happened after?
Xxxx

Well done on the enormous loss Corsacar! When I've had big losses in the past they've often been followed by a smaller one the next week but still a loss. I suppose it depends on how much water weight was lost and whether that will still be gone the following week but there's no way to tell so please don't worry about it! Do what you're doing, be aware it that it could be slightly less than normal but it's certainly not definite so don't stress about it if possible. One week I lost 6 and it was followed by 8.5 which I really wasn't expecting so it's possible that it will be a fabulous loss again.:)

Could you explain success express to me please? I think I might try it this week in the hope it makes me think again. Maybe I've just got too used to the plan so not giving it the thought it requires.

Good luck for next week and don't worry.:D

Good morning everybody.

Well done to all the losses.

Laura big hugs to you.Our bodies do this sometimes:confused:.Hang on in there you are zooming along and doing so well.A couple of weeks ago i sts and i had been so good and i kept thinking what have i done, i got all my books out again and made some soups and just changed a couple of things and tried a couple of new recipes and just shook things up a bit.
Good luck for wi tonight and what ever happens it will soon correct it self.

:wave_cry:to everyone.Hope everyone is ok.

I lost 3lbs last week and got a new shiny:bliss:.

Going to catch up posts.
xx

A 2lb loss for me this week bringing me down into the 16 somethings..well only just but it still feels good :D Also just 1/2lb more to lose to get my 3 stone shiney which is really exciting as that means TREAT TIME but not of the edible kind :D It means the shoes I've been drooling over for weeks will soon be mine!!! :cool:

Corsacar I would love to hear more about success express too just to shake things up a bit as I do feel my body is getting used to what I have been eating lately.

Another thing that did cross my mind (& please shout at me if you think I'm being silly) but I wondered about trying some kind of over the counter herbal weight loss aid to maybe help speed up my metabolism a bit? Am I being silly??

Hey Laura
I am sorry to see you are feeling so down but I know eactly how you feel! Do you do extra easy? If you do, success express isn't much different. You basically should make sure that you have 2/3 of yours plate as superfree, which logically makes you cut down your carbs which I think is part of the science behind it, and if you have anything where there is a difference in syn values, you take the higher value instead of the lower one. Does that all makes sense?
It's fabulous and doesn't feel too strict at all, hence why I am trying to encorporate the same idea this week!
Hope I helped hun!
Xxxx

Thanks Corsacar, I do red/green but I can use the same principle of 2/3 superfree and see how much it helps.:)

Hey gals! Congrats on that 7lb loss corsacar... I am well impressed and might try a bit of success express myself as i always feel i'm eating too man carbs.. especially pasta! Laura let us know how you get on in ur WI, is it this evening? I don't weigh myself at home any more even if the scales weigh the same because it my false hope normally lol and that makes me think sure I could have an extra treat etc and I can't!!

I'm gonna moan now... :help2: i have the funniest feeling recently almost like hunger pains and it feels like theres something blocking my tummy!! weird i no... any body any clues? mite have to face the dreaded gp

I made a pea n mac pasta for lunch! really nice you will need peas, macaroni, splash of milk, water, heA cheese and oregano and cook! Hey Presto Dinner is served and its easy and tasty!

That carbonara sounds nice Capricorn! :eating:
DEBS x

Okay so I KNOW everyone is going to tell me off but this is really getting to me...I just want to give up :(
I always have, and always will on my journey weigh myself everyday, I know people say not to but it does help me.
Anyway...this week alone I have put on two pounds...and it's only been two days. I am so hard on myself and this journey now is becoming an emotional rollercoaster...if I have gained that much on Monday there is no way I will face the embarrassment of being weighed. I haven't even done anything different to last week...the only thing that's changed is everything is a little bunged up but I'm hoping that will sort itself out and it can't be two pounds worth!
I just don't know if I can keep beating myself up when my body is doing this and I am not even doing anything wrong :/
Sorry ladies I'm just feeling pretty down
Xxxx

morning all :D

well done on some fab losses. managed to drop 1.5 lb last night with I'm pleased with considering the lack of food prep time this week.

corsacar i think i would feel the same as you hun. but please don't give up you have amazingly well and i think bunged up issue is the reason. no matter what happens you should be sooooo proud of your self for what you have done so far!!:happy096:
well done sweet and surrey on ur shrinkage's new numbers and shiney etc:wee:
Laure i hope all ur feeling better hun.:gen126:

hope you are all feeling good (not to cold) and doing well!!

apologizes for spelling grammar etc am in a semi coma counting the minutes till the girls are in school and i can unconscious with my duvet!!! :4635:half way through my nights wooo hooo all down hill from here!!:p

Well done on your loss jigglymum!!! Hope youre enjoying a nice sound sleep now!! :D

Corsacar I can completely understand where you are coming from because I get sooo frustrated when my losses arent what I had hoped for & find it really disheartening. I suppose what helps me is being able to visualise exactly what I have lost so far (almost the weight of my neice!!) When I see 1lb here or 2 lb there I just cant get excited about the figures but when I see exactly what they add up to it really spurs me on to keep going with my journey.

I decided to take myself shopping last night for a few bits & pieces as I have very little in my wardrobe that fits me properly & pulling your trousers up every few steps really is becoming a pain!!! Well I bought a nice new coat for the winter & a new pair of jeans from debenhams which were........A SIZE 18!!!!:wee: They were even tight & fitted like a glove!!! I also have been on the look out for a dress for a dinner I am going to in the new year & thought I would go for a nosey round monsoon (to dream about what I could get into next year hopefully!!!) I saw a gorgeous dress so thought I would try it on to see how far off fitting me it was (baring in mind I think monsoon sizes can be a bit of the neat side) & guess what..its slightly tight but I could do the zip right up (without even having my magic knickers on!!!) so I bought it!!! I cant remember the last time I came home from clothes shopping soo happy!! This really was the boost I needed after feeling my losses had started to slow a bit lately....onwards & downwards from me hopefully....My next aim is to be able to shop in Coast!!!!!:D

Well done for weightlosses girls!
And for the girls who are feeling a bit disheartened lately.. Just look at how much weight youve lost its an amazing achievement, keep your head up and carry on being fab xx

I lost 2.5lb this week which im really happy with.. I didnt think that id lost anything this week because we had a bonfire party and I was picking at the nibbles, had a hotdog AND had lots of vodka.. But im really pleased.. lost 10lb in 3 weeks thats amazing for me, its the most ive lost in any diet and im so happy x

((Hugs)) Corsacar - you don't need us to tell you that the scales (and our bodies!) can do strange things during the week, because you know it's true - but I totally get that you can't help weighing every day! I used to be the same, but I have managed to wean myself off it, not sure how! Just keep going my lovely, and I'm sure the scales will be kinder by the end of the week! x

Well done Stacey, Sweet Pink and Jiggly! :happy096:

Dag - sounds like a bit of constipation to me! Sennakot are doing a new tablet with senna and something to stop the bloated feeling - I suffer occasionally, so have tried them and they seem to work! Hope you feel better soon x

Back