QUEEN SIZE TO PRINCESS

Afternoon everyone.

Welcome lesley.Good luck with your weight loss.Wow what a great start with a 7lb loss well done.

Corsacar you look a.m.a.z.i.n.g.Well done you.Fabulous pics:).So pleased your first day at your new job went well.

Well done on all the losses.What a great job everyone is doing:D.

Ha ha capricorn im also lethal with the wii remote especially playing against someone at tennis.I once whacked my hubby whilst on sword play:eek: by accident of course;).

Jiggly i also know what you mean about the school trips,my son hasn't been away yet with the school but when he does i know it will be tissues to the ready:cry:.

Karen hun good luck for your wi tonight and all the other tues weighers.

I lost 2lbs last week.

Keep shrinking everyone:D:D.
xxx

Thanks again for the welcomes Sweet Pink, Karen & Surreygal! :D Well done on the losses and Karen - thanks for looking up the Chaumes for me :) I always eat it in Belgium when we go but have only just found it in the UK so I'm going to keep it as my little treat - it beats chocolate any day! :p

Now see it doesn't take long for me to be picking your brains does it!! I've just been catching up on my e-mails from work and there's one reminding me that I have to pick what I'm eating for the team xmas lunch :eek: We're going to Brasserie Blanc and I can choose from the following....

Starters
Including a glass of:
Domaine de la Provenquiere VDP Cabernet Sauvignon
or Domaine de la Provenquiere VDP Sauvignon Blanc
Upgrade your wine to a glass of Joseph Perrier Champagne for just £2.75

Ham & green pea soup (gf)
Beetroot and watercress salad (v/gf)
Gnocchi, Roquefort & celery (v)

Main Courses
Pumpkin & gruyere quiche (v)
Pan fried haddock fillet, potato salad, poached egg (gf)
Slow cooked beef with onions , horseradish mash (gf)

Desserts
Sultana & hazelnut baked apple, Calvados sauce (gf)
Chocolate tart, coffee custard
Bread & butter pudding

I'm only going to have 2 courses but what will be best in terms of syns??
:argh:

all looks lovely lesley. the salad starter looks best (tho boring...i'd have soup lol) and i would go for either the fish or beef main but ask for crushed or baked potato with it. I have no fears asking staff how food is cooked or asking for them to not add any fats in meats etc. I always say I have allergies and cannot have fat or certain dressing... last thing they want to risk is a big girl like me having a fit on their floor so they tend to not add fat :D

I have seen the lovely laura 10 stone thread (will go answer in a mo) and have to say i think you are an absolute wonder! congrats... you are a true inspiration and have probably helped many many ppl to aim high just by being such a good example of SW. so pleased for you xxxx

well... i didnt get my shiny this week. the sticker for which i have longed eludes me still! I was half a lb short of nabbing it so thats still a fabby loss of 3.5lb this week. i cannot grumble about that! OH! and i got slimmer of the week so i still got a sticker. yay!!

hope you have all had a lovely day xxxxxxxxxx

I agree with Karen, the salad and fish or beef is probably the safest but remember to have a good time and don't fret too much.:)

Well done on your loss Karen, that's super duper and hey, you have another sticker to look forward to next week this way!

Thank you for your lovely words. xx

Ooops if my C could see what I just wrote she'd frown at me....Stern voice 'Stickers are common, we give awards!' :giggle:

:8855: @ Laura - I'd take a sticker - common or not!
Thanks for the advice ladies - it's going to be soup I think :) I must say the salad just doesn't inspire me at all (I hate beetroot!) but the only thing I'm a bit miffed about is that I make pea & ham soup all the time (get me :p I mean since I started which must be all of a week ago!)
I will ask about the fat thing and see if they'll do it for me - I could quite fancy the pan fried haddock - I'll just ask if they can use Frylite shall I :D hehe

Hey girls hope everyones ok.. I really must come on here more Im missing lots of good conversations lol.

Ive been ok this week.. Ive went over my syns twice (only by 4 syns) But ive kept my syns really low the rest of the week.. And I also havent had any booze either :D So Hopefully Ill lose weight this week! I have 4lb to lose to get my first stone award so if I got 2lb this week and 2lb next week Ill be over the moon with that :)

I really need to start exercising.. I keep saying Im going to go walking and stuff but Its just so cold and I cant imagine my 2.5 year old sitting in her pushchair for a long time without wanting to walk or pop to the park lol. Ive borrowed a fab exercise bike/rower from my sister so im going to go on that for now until Santa brings my wii and wii fit for Christmas.

Also I have a huge worry and wonder whether someone can give me advice.. Im soo worried about hanging skin.. I have 2 children.. Finleys nearly 5 and Betsies 2.5 and since having Betsie the bottom of my tummy hangs a bit (well infact alot).. Ive noticed it shrink a little bit in the last few weeks but its still horrible.. And it got me thinking what happens when I lose alot of weight? Will my arms, legs and tummy sag or will I be able to tone it? My arms are quite big and so are my legs and the last thing I want is to lose lots of weight then not be able to wear nice clothes because of vile sagging skin!
xx

Stacey, you aren't the only worried about skin I can assure you! I have to say that it's not quite as bad as I thought it would be by this stage... I've started using firming cream which, whether it's helping or not, makes me believe that it is! They (I don't know who 'they' are but 'they' know everything ;)) say that gradual loss is better than fast, a few lbs a week allows your skin to catch up a bit.

I read something the other day which kind of put my mind at rest...The skin we see now before we've finished losing is actually still full of fat. Pinch the back of your hand-that's how thick skin is-for me, yes it's extra skin everywhere but it's still full of a fair bit of fat, less yes, but still alot. Once I've finished losing weight I'll know it's gone when the skin is as thin as the skin on my hand. Does that make sense? I guess what I'm trying to say is, while we're losing we really have no idea how good or bad the skin will be. All we can do is lose the fat, tone the muscles underneath with exercise and see what the skin does.

I'm pretty sure I will need surgery to fix my skin issue, and while it's a horrible thought because I have NO idea how I'll ever pay for it, it's something I'm trying not to worry about yet...

Reading that back I'm not sure if it makes it better or worse lol so sorry!

If it helps...my legs were ENORMOUS and they've reshaped better than I thought they would. Arms grrr well they're thinner but don't look it if I lift them up. Good news though is my stomach, before I started it hung down to about the middle of my thighs (lovely mental picture :giggle: )and to be honest I feared that it be round my ankles when I finished but I saw myself in the mirror the other day and if I tense what little stomach muscles I have I can see my privates...just! It's hanging far less now than it was. So don't give up and try not to let it worry you too much.:)

TThanks for the reply thats made me feel better :D Its my legs and bum whats biggest on me.. My bum is hugee really big but its always been big even when I was slim before I had Finley lol.. I suppose im just going to have to do what you said.. exercise and stick to sw and see what happens once I hit my target. I shouldnt really worry because im actually enjoying my journey to get slim and Im happier than I have been in years and Ive only lost 10lb.. I think its because im set for life now and I know ill never go back to my old ways x

hello lovely princesses,

I try not to worry about the loose skin but i know exercise is meant to help. Laura has put it perfectly. Im not going to worry about it until I have to.. but I am pretty sure I will need to do something surgery-wise too. You are a much younger woman than me though stacey so your skin is likely to be much more elastic - i hope you find its not a problem for you. I'd really like to have a boob lift regardless of weight loss as they are in pretty bad shape! I want a facelift later on and consider I may need a tummy tuck or lower bodylift. I just need to win the lottery, find a rich and extremely old/ill tycoon or go without. I'd never manage it on a youth worker wage lol

its Thanksgiving tomorrow! Not sure if I mentioned it here already but we celebrate it as my husband is American. So tomorrow we have turkey, gammon, stuffing, sweet potato pie, greenbean casserole, creamed corn, cornbread, roast veggies, french silk pie, pumpkin pie and s'mores PLUS all the american choccies and savory snacks. god help me! I hope I keep some common sense!

Goodnight ladies xx

Thanks for reassuring me :) I lost 3lb this week. Only 1lb to lose until I get my first stone award.
Huge achievement for me ive never stuck to anything in my life. :)

I woke up this morning to hundreds of snow outside! And its still snowing now.. Im excited for Finley finishing school so we can play out in it but I still havent got a winter coat! Really must find a nice one tomorrow its so cold here in the North east xx

Well done stacey thats a great loss:).I also use a firming cream i thought i would try and see if it helps.
I've just seen all the snow on the news,the kids out sledging,they say we may get it in the south east on sunday.Freezzingggg!!!!.

Good evening ladies...and well done on the losses everyone :happy036:
We have snow here :33: ...it did settle -but then it disappeared, but Its still trying to snow -so I bet it is white over when I get up in the morning!
Hubby is on duty tonight so I will be finishing this, then having a long hot soak in the biff-baff-boff before settling down with the TV,,,,
Im another one who is expecting to have a "deflated balloon" look going on once I have finished losing weight:p -an I fully intend having it lopped off and hoisted up if need be :rotflmao: -my fattapodge (belly) is my biggest area :eek:
OOOOHHH ladies -my long dress for hubbies function arrived earlier -and I LOVE it :woohoo:ok I don't look teeny tiny -but my first thought was "OMG Im not going to stick out like a sore thumb" -followed by "oohh my boobs are the only thing sticking out" :bunnydance:, need to get some killer heels now so it just skims the ground!
I was going to not let hubby see it until the DO -but he nipped home and saw it (ok I was swishing around in it for the 2nd time:p)... I could have got away with a size smaller -but I wasn't sure of their sizings etc and being jersey I didn't want it to cling... anyhoo -hubby reckons I look "whit woo" :giggle: (the only dress he has seen me in was my wedding dress -8 years ago) and has said I need to order the next size down too -not sure where I would wear it mind, so Im holding off and will wait until I need another one...
Claire -I reckon it would suit you as you are lovely n tall -and I know you are struggling to find something to wear for your do.... it was £30 -which I think is good value..and they do it in purple too..
Well I guess I should stop waffling and get off in the bifbaf.. have a lovely evening all and keep up the great work :D

Evening guys! I've pigged out today and want to know how best to limit my syns please :( I don't understand Red and Green which i why I've stuck to EE but today has been bad - I'm blaming it on the snow! :cry:

Altogether I've eaten
Oats so simple - golden syrup (I didn't realise there was a tester one in the box of originals and my eyes don't work at that time in a morning! )
175ml skimmed milk
2 x bananas
chicken mug shot - which I didn't like so I scooped out the noodles and dropped them into some 12 speed soup I happened to have with me as well
mullerlite yogurt
stir fry veg
chicken breast cooked from tesco - all skin removed
Tesco oat top wholemeal deli roll (fro 4 pack)
:eek::eek:
I think I've stopped now but I just keep looking at all that food and I feel ill and can't work out my syns for the life of me. I run a weekly total (for my vodka bank :p) so I really need to know

Capricorn that dress looks lovely - I've seen it before and might have to go back for another look now :)

Hiya Lesley...

lets see if we can figure out what you have had...
  • Oats so simple - golden syrup 6.5or 8.5 depending on size
  • 175ml skimmed milk (1/2 heA)
  • 2 x bananas free
  • chicken mug shot - (free I think)
  • 12 speed soup - free
  • mullerlite yogurt-free
  • stir fry veg-free if no oil
  • chicken breast cooked from tesco (free I think)
  • Tesco oat top wholemeal deli roll (8-ish) although 57g wholemeal roll is a HeB -so you could call it heB+1syn)
so to me that would be 1/2 heA, 1heB and 7.5 0r 9.5syns depending on your oat so....

SO you still need to have your other 1/2 heA and have syns left ;)
I think I have that right..Im sure someone else will double check it for you!!!
Looking at it you could turn that into a red or green day and be better off ;)-if you want to try red/green days Im sure we can help you -I find them easier than EE

Oooh thanks that doesn't look so bad! I looked at the porridge and bread and thought I'd blown it! It was the smaller sachet of OSS, stir fry in frylite and the bread roll weighed 63g. I can safely have an options drink before bed then - maybe that will warm me through!
I might come back to you on the Red and Green but it just seems really complicated to me - suppose it's what you're used to ;)

Evening my lovelies!

Have had a bad couple of days this week - out for meals and two days at conference centres for workshops - far too much temptation to resist! I blame the cold weather too...! :eek:

Still, I should be within the weekly syns limit, so still hoping for a loss. Don't think I will be bursting through that 200lb barrier though, it's proving very elusive!!!

I too worry about sagging skin, especially because now I'm in my 40s my skin is nowhere near as elastic as it used to be. Still, looking good in clothes is more important than looking good naked - not that anyone's seen me naked for a very long time - chance would be a fine thing!!! :D:eek:

Well done on your loss this week Stacey! :clap:

Evening all! Very quiet on here - has everyone been snowed in?!

WI in the morning for me and I'm hoping for a reasonable loss - would love to get 1.5 off to get down to 200 - or even better, lose 2 to get below 200! However, I have developed a stinking cold and feel pretty rough, and I never seem to lose when I'm feeling ill...:sigh:

Wish me luck princesses! x

Hiya all, just popping in to say hey. Hope everyone is well and keeping insulated in this artic weather. Been a while, this thread moves so fast I can hardly keep up! Take care, will try to pop back regularly.

:gen125:

Back