QUEEN SIZE TO PRINCESS

Right -Im back
Morning ladies..hope the sun is shining for all of you! -it is here at the moment..tis glorious -but Im sure it would be to warm if I was outside ;)
I have managed to get 30mins on the wii done this morning -was sweating because of the energy I used and the sun through the patio doors trying to bake me alive :p
Im another one who was hoping that they did a proper step game, but I can't find one :( -so I love the 10mins super advanced boxing -that actually takes 13 mins :confused:

Im having one of my "not hungry" days :eek:I supose it makes up for my "starvin marvin" day early in the week :D -I have had weetabix for brekkie -so Im having fruit n yog for lunch and then salad with either ham n steamed potatoes or jacket and cottage cheese for dinner mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

:clap: On the loss Sian... might not be as much as you deserved, but hopefully you will get a bonus next weigh in ;) and its still heading in the right direction:D
ChelleB -Im another bonJovi fan :drool: -purley for their musical ability of course :whistle: -hope you have a great time..I was just talking to someone else on here who is going too..
Laura-glad you had a good holiday...
weewee- sounds like you have the same problem as my hubby -the birds sit outside our bedroom window and start singing at 4:30 every morning -hubby is threatening to cut trees down :8855:-I like to sleep with the windows open-but even with them closed it sounds like they are say on our headboard:p..
tatws -good luck with the race for life -Im hoping to start doing them once I get back to the UK..by which time Im hoping to have lost enough to not end up a big soggy puddle ;)
TANNY -glad you are feeling brighter -have a lovely weekend
Bev-Have a great night out.... Im so glad Im not much of a drinker ... another thing to resist :p
Losc-I hope you get the lazy nurse to wind her neck in..as if nursing isn't hard enough as it is-without doing someone elses bleepin share too
Right I think I have remembered everyone..if not -Im sorry.... will pop in later...
Have a lovely day everyone....

Hello everyone.
Hope everyone is having a good day.:)
Well another lovely day today:D:D
Chelleb good news your back is getting better.
Losc hope you have had a better day at work.
Tanny Glad your having a better day hun:D:D
Bev Have a great night out enjoy yourself .
Capricorn I'm loving your saying starving marvin makes me chuckle.:D:D
Tatws Good luck with the race for life .
So far i have managed 30 mins so far today on the wii.have a good evening all.xx

hi gals hope youve all had a good day,food wise so have i but as far as the jog i was going to go on,it didnt happen so no exercise unless you count cleaning somebody elses house as well as my own lol,really tired so going to watch tv with a brew spk soon xxxooo almost forgot capricorn i had the same for my dinner today salad ham and boiled new potatoes and a bit of weight watchers bread it was nice

Last edited:
Morning all

oooooohh I have been a good girl.... we were up at 5am this morning and on the golf course by 6:30 ...so thats 2hrs 30mins exercise done for today :D -included in that was some "tug of war" with the dog we are looking after -who is a diamond off the lead, but unfortunately an absolute c*w on it :mad: -they really need to train her on the lead ... anyhow -its all extra cals used I guess!!!

I plan on sorting out a meal plan to start tomorrow -Im giving the original plan a whirl ;) -and I want to get on with some of my x-stitch,,,,and I may squeeze in a bit of time on the wii :p
We are having the leftover cheesy beef n potato layer for lunch and then either ham or bit fat prawns on a salad with steamed potatoes for dinner...
good luck to anyone weighing in today and I hope everyone has a lovely day...

Good morning all :D

Reporting in with a bit of a headache! lol Boy can I tell I'm out of practice in the drinking department! :8855:

I seem to have your mate here at the moment Capricorn..........I've woken up with Starvin Marvin :eek: Been up since 6 and so far I've had 2 breakfasts, I'm watching the clock for my lunch now and I've already got tonights dinner in the slow cooker! :8855: It's not naughty food I want though, free food will do as long as there's plenty of it! Oh I need to go to the supermarket today, to stock up on fruit, veg and VFF dairy stuff :D

So far today, apart from eating, I've had 30 mins on the Wii and taken the dogs for their morning walkies, (1 hour) so I'm off to a decent start. :innocent0002:

Got loads of house chores to do today, and more walking with the dogs, but hopefully I'll squeeze some more Wii in later - I'm behind target atm :( and can't see me catching up :eek: I need another week off work! :8855: Will reach my target if it kills (well, not 'kills', but you know what I mean :p) Oh, my 'Biggest Loser' came the other day - might start that today, see what it's like :D

Well done on your epic walk Capricorn, that's one long walk Missis :cool: Good luck with your WI tomorrow :D

I'm just doing my menu plan for the week before I go shopping. I've decided to really mix it up this week, not only by doing a mix of plans, but by having different foods too. From past experience with SW, I know I don't do well on carbs (although I love green days :() but I'm still going to slot 1 in! lol I'm having 1 green, 4 red and 2 EE. I'm going to have to work extra hard from now until Tuesday (my WI) to limit the damage from my vodka bath last night! lol

Oh and starting from a week this Tuesday, I'm having to switch to the evening WI rather than the morning one :( Not looking forward to switching either - gaining or STS because of weighing more in the evenings is really gonna mess with my head for that first week! I'll be on here crying about it! :8855: So, after WI this Tuesday I'm gonna work my socks off and hope I can still register a loss :D

I might even start doing my food diary on here :p

Hope everyone is ok today and having good days. Keep it up girlies we're doing grrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat ;):D

Have a lovely weekend everyone xxx

Morning all!! :D

How are we all today? I hope everybody's feeling positive and that you're all basking in some lovely sunshine! :)

I have to admit I got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning! I feel like I need an iron to iron out the crinkles in my forehead! :8855: Oh well, it will soon pass! I think it's left-over annoyedness (that's not even a word, lol!) at only losing 1/2 a pound yesterday :mad:

I've been pondering the EE plan and I don't know whether it's working for me any more. I was thinking I might add in some Green days (can't afford red days on my budget for this month after buying the Wii :8855:). Anybody have any ideas for budget meals on Green?

Capricorn - I'm tired out just reading about your exercise today! ;) Well done hun, you must be well on your way to your target! :D

Bev - poor you! I hate hangovers - I either can't eat all day or I'm eating like a horse (driven by Capricorn's pal Starvin Marvin! :)) Although a hangover is a sign of a good night, so I hope you had fun! You're also mixing up your plans for this week - what kind of food do you make for Green and Red days? I need inspiration as I've only done EE days so far - not quite sure what to do with Green and Red days :confused:

Anyways...hope you all have a lovely day! :D

Sian xxx

Morning lovelies

Well, i have woken in fine fettle this morning (stole that saying from capricorn :p)

Feeling loads better after having last night off work and have been to WI and lost 1lb. Im happy with that. When i worked out my loss over the weeks. I am still bang on target as it equals out to 2lbs a week! which will still get me to ten stone by next April/May! Woooooo. I feel really positive about that, its a nice pace for me, im living life, eating lovely healthy foods and most of all, i am not missing out! i have some treats, which i always count, but i really dont feel im missing out :D

Ooh, and i will get my 10% body weight off in 3 lbs, and my two stone shiny sticker in 4lbs! so am setting myself a fortnight to get both! yay!

Am doing ok with my exercise challenge, need to update my ticker! but am gonna give it some welly.

Hope you lovely ladies are all doing well. sorry i have been a bit crap at posting this week, its been a tough one xx

Ps. i have to try that cheesy beef potato thingy, looks bloody lovely, and i am having my lovely pork fillets with honey and soy tonight and parsnip, apple and potato mash mmmmmm xx

Green and red days are quite easy to get your head around Sian. Just remember that peas and sweetcorn aren't free on red though, as it's a very common mistake to make. Apart from that remember when you're doing red or green, you get 2 x HEA and 2 x HEB. Oh and you don't have to apply the 1/3 super free food rule either with your meals, but I usually do cos I love fruit and veg and it does help :D

Your book will tell you what the free foods are on both the red and green plan.

I'm having a green day today, and for one breakfast I had a 2 egg omelette (mixed some quark into the eggs) with peppers, mushrooms, toms, onion and sweetcorn and some baked beans. For my 'other' breakfast (the one Marvin had! lol) I had a big bowl of chopped fruit (melon, pineapple, orange, kiwi, apple and blueberries) with some 0% greek yoghurt.

My lunch will be jacket spud with VFF cottage chese, boiled egg and a huge salad, followed by fruit and yoghurt (I'm a pig with yoghurt :D) and dinner will be chicken (113g HEB) & champ with veg (old SW recipie - will post it if you want it) which is 2 syns if using HEB for the chicken. It's delish and a 'must try' if you like balsamic vinegar in your cooking :D

The other HEB I'll use tonight - Ryvitas (I actually like them :D) spread with Laughing Cow EL (HEA), topped with toms and cucumber. yum yum

Snacks (if Marvin stays all day) will be fruit.

i've used 2 syns for dinner, and I used 2.5 on some salad cream with my lunch :D

Well you did ask! lol There's loads you can make Sian, there really is. It all depends on what you like.

It's well worth trying something different though I think. I love red, the weight really does shift for me with that one. What suits one, doesn't necessarily suit/work for everyone else, so it's good to play about to find what you do well on.

Flipping heck, I sound like Reverend Bev! :8855:

Last edited:
Ooops missed you there Louise. I must have still been in my pulpipt :giggle:

You're sounding wonderfully motivated chuck! Me too - it's good innit? lol We'll keep each other on form I reckon. :D

It's been a hard week for me too with trying to fit the exercise in. Mind, I think you win the 'long shift' award :giggle: I've towed just working 9 - 5, so you've done brilliantly :clap:

Afternoon all -

Glad everyone is feeling optomistic :bliss:
Well done on the loss Losc :clap: -we are spookily close with our statistics.... I have 4lb to get my 10% (hopefully weigh in tomorrow will take me a bit closer) and I worked out that at 2lb a week I will be at target in 1 year from last week :D -although it will probably slow down -but hey ho, every lb is a step closer....

Bev-Im glad that "starvin Marvin" has gone on his holidays.... its nice of you to put him up for a day -please don't send him back :8855:
I lurvvvvve balsamic vinegar :drool:-in fact I have an unhealthy obsession with pickles mmmm Giant tickled slugs(gherkins) are my thing at the moment -oooohhh and tickled reetboot .....
I don't know if anyone has tried the coq au vin from the "world of flavours" but it is stunning (and uses balsamic) -if anyone want the recipe just give a scream ;) -ooohhh and the stiffado too -it makes what could be a plain old beef stew something a little different(and it tastes just like the proper one we had in Kefalonia ;)

Im another one giving the RED plan a whirl, Im planning to do a week as of tomorrow , only thing for me is -as Bev has mentioned I will have to use heathyBs or syns for peas n corn :cry:-I shove them in/with everything ... but I will give it a whirl... I think that red will suit me better as the protein fills me for longer -I know beans n things have protein, but its just not the same for me :eek:
I was lucky the other day as the NAAFI had whoopsed some lovely packs of topside and some sliced pork from €2.49 to 60c -so I grabbed 5 of each and stuck them in the freezer :D-they make getting plenty of protein in me much more economical....I use them for lunches
Sian -I will have a nosey at the green meals whilst Im doing my meal plan and see if anything looks particularly scrummy and budget friendly , and that can be re-heated...
Hope you are feeling brighter soon-its so bl**dy annoying when the scales don't show just how much work you have put in... chin up -it will show up next week hopefully, and as you say-it might just be that your body needs a shock of getting different foods
Right I will stop bith the :blahblah: (I love that icon) and get off
Hope you are all making the most of the warm weather -hopefully ladies by this time next year we will all be out in it in itty bitty clothes :D

:D:D:D Hope you had a fab night Bev, your doing loads of exercise, especially if your walking your doggie too! the weather is so nice today, im off to get some pimms in a bit! mmm. dont worry, will syn it though!

We are close in our statistics arent we capricorn! i think, even if does slow down hun, that 2lbs a week is achievable, we will do it! it feels great to be on target with it doesnt it! i have always tried to lose weight really quickly in the past, but i feel totally different now. I just want to do it once and for all, and not starve/run myself ragged to get there! So whereas i would have been horrified at the thought of a year before, now, im actually quite excited by it! and its not long really is it!!!

Bev, i completely agree, we will/do keep each other on form, we will get each other there. The support from our little team has been fantastic, i cant explain how much it has helped me. it spurrs me on.

I have managed to catch up with my exercise. I have been walking each day on way to work/bus stop etc, so ive been able to count that in too, which i hadnt thought of originally! and the wii has racked up some time too! tom and mon im gonna try get an hour each day outta the way!

Please starvin marvin, dont come an stay with me, i have no room at the inn, and im not in the mood for guests!

Ive noticed a few of you are thinking of trying red/green etc this week. Good luck with that, im sure you will enjoy it. xx

I've got the Coq au Vin on my menu for this coming week Capricorn. My recipie is out of the 'One Pot Wonders" book and doesn't use balsamic. :( Would like yours if you don't mind posting it, pretty please :D Would also like the Stiffy thing you mentioned (never heard of it and I've been to Greece umpteen times! lol) if that's ok.

Looking good on the exercise front Louise :D You're an engine! :p

I'm hoping to pack Marvin off soon, I'll try and keep him away from all of you though. I could happily stuff myself stupid today - it's driving me batty :eek::8855: All that booze last night has caused it, it always gives me the munchies. I suppose I'm lucky I didn't get them last night while I was drinking - all good intentions go out of the window when I'm pickled :8855:

Is it too early for dinner? lol

lol bev im the same when pickled:8855:though the last timei was incontrol enough to opt for a ham salad sandwich on weightwatchers bread so i was ok there,and i think i should be doing a bit more excercise,from reading your posts today i can see a few people are going to get alot more loss than me this week:rolleyes:all i seem to have done all week is housework all the rotten time:mad:anyway,i had bran flakes for breakfast,ham salad sandwhich and a big apple for lunch and im going to make cottage pie with carrots mushrooms onions and spring greens for dinner,yummy.:Done thing i do know is that i now need a belt to hold my jeans up and my tops are all getting loser which is brilliant,cant wait till i can fit into my sports bra because running is alot easier then.i hope you all have a good dayand remember WE CAN DO THIS! X

**Warning! This post may bore you to death**

Just thinking about numbers and targets.........(think I'm becoming obsessed :eek:) and thinking how each little sticker/achievement spurs us on. It really is like being a kid in nursery with a 'I've been good' sticker chart on the wall. lol I'm going to try and lose 7.5lb in the next 3 weeks - that will get me my 1.5 stone shiny, my Club 10 shiny AND my 2 stone shiny. :D Call me childish, but this kiddy psychology works on me! :8855:

i agree bev i have to have my rewards even at home i have to use ive been good stickers(mine are usually in the form of my fave animals cats but it really does spur you on and keep the motivation there.i love a food diary thats full of stickers,am aiming for one evry day this week lol:D

Good afternoon all.

I really do enjoy reading all your posts. I'm now thinking about changing plans too for a week. All I ever do is Green days so I may try a week doing all Red. It will give me to new motivation to try and find new meals and make sure I get back to planning properly and not just winging it everyday. WI on Monday so I'll start from then. Really looking forward to it now.

Well done Sian on you loss. I know you feel a little disappointed, but just remember how you were when you came on and said you'd had a sneaky WI and you'd put on 3.5lb. I remember saying that if you are really good for the rest of the week you could have a sts...but you went better than that so well done.

Like I said, I do green days all the time, my favourite no syn green dinners are mushy pea curry and rice, sw fry up of bacon, quorn sausages, tomatoes, eggs, beans etc, sausage and bean casserole, quorn mince spag bol, shepherds pie, i could go on and on.

I know people aren't keen on quorn but I think the mince is eatable when cooked in a nice bolognese sauce or gravy. With the sausages I've never been that much of a fan but the last time I went to Tesco's they were 'Improved Recipe' bangers and they aren't actually too bad.

Anyway, will post again later as I have a grumpy little girl trying to pull the laptop off the table :mad:

xx

Afternoon ladies! :)

Firstly, thanks for all your support! I really do love reading your posts! My c**p memory though means that I can never remember much of them when it comes to replying! :8855:

Louise - well done on your loss hun! That's fabulous :D

Bev - your meals for today sound lovely! Is champ like mash with spring onions in?? I wish I'd read your post before creating a post to ask about the 1/3 superfree on Green! :8855: I'm going to have some pasta mixed with EL soft cheese/milk with mushrooms, peppers and sweetcorn. Also going to cook and chop some Quorn sausages to go with it (never tried them before so this will be an experience!! :D) They had selected packs 3 for £5 in Tesco today, so I got sausages and mince - worth trying even if they end up tasting a bit funny! :)

Chelle - as always, you know exactly what to say to cheer people up! Thankyou! :)

Weewee - meals sound good for today hun, yum! I like your idea of rewarding yourself at home - I might use some of the stickers I bought for my pupils, lol! ;)

Sorry if I've missed people out! Bad memory strikes again! :8855:

Sian xxx

My memory is cr*p too. I'm forever missing/forgetting stuff. :( Must be mi age :p:8855:

Sian your pasta sounds scrummy :D I could just tuck into a bowl of that.......and another......and another! It's Marvins fault :8855:

I've just made a massive mixed bean chill just incase I get desperate tonight while I'm watching trash on telly. I've made a garlic and herb dip with 0% greek yoghurt, and cut some veggies up to dip in it. I think I've got all bases covered ;):8855:

Right, I'm off out with the dogs before I eat one :eek: lol

Sorry I've missed loads again :(

Oops :eek: Yes Sian, the champ is pots mashed with spring onions and a tiny bit of milk. (I use fromage frais) I suppose you can chuck any veg you fancy into the mash really :D

(I've not gone yet :D I got looking at green recipies :giggle:) Sian, what about a nice tomato and macaroni cheese bake? Great for reheating/freezing. Tis tasty and filling too! (I'm drooling already! lol)

I'll type it quickly, so forgive typos :p.....

Serves 4 (free on green and EE if using cheese as a HE)

1tsp mixed herbs
2 cloves of garlice, peeled and crushed
14oz (or thereabouts) of cherry toms cut in half.
100ml passata
14oz cooked macaroni or any pasta shape you have.
salt, pepper and a dash of worcestershire sauce

topping
big carton VFF nat yog (approx 500g)
1 tsp dijon mustard
168g fat reduced mature cheddar (or 112g of full fat) grated.
2 eggs lightly beaten.

Mix together the chives, garlic, toms, passata, macaroni and season well and put it into a shallow ovenproof dish.

Mix the yoghurt, mustard with the beaten eggs. Add the cheese, chuck over the pasta and bake in the oven for about 20 mins - until the top is bubbling :D

Lovely with veg or a nice salad

Back