QUEEN SIZE TO PRINCESS

Mmm, i keep meaning to try the syn free bbq sauce, what do you think of it,does it actually taste like bbq sauce! what did you think of the jaffa cake, i thought it was lovely, but will make a smaller one next time if poss, too much temptation that there is still some in my fridge! xx

Evening all

oohh that looks nice losc-I LOVE salmon...

We had SW coq au vin with steamed potatoes n veggies -its the first time I have made it and it is gorgeous...I used a whole chicken breast instead of thighs and I reduced the sauce right down (I don't like runny n sloppy :p)
So here it is...the chicken is buried under the sauce -it was GORGEOUS :D

Well I have just finished on the wii -I ended up doing 1hr of tennis :p so that is me done today on 2hrs 11 mins :character00115:
I still haven't had my 8syn yogurt yet of my cereal bar (B) -:eek: so I think I will have the yogurt and be naughty and leave the cereal bar... calcium, well milky things are said to help you sleep and I need to get my syns down me..
Right off to have my yog yog nomnomnom
Have a great evening everyone :D

Mmm, i keep meaning to try the syn free bbq sauce, what do you think of it,does it actually taste like bbq sauce! what did you think of the jaffa cake, i thought it was lovely, but will make a smaller one next time if poss, too much temptation that there is still some in my fridge! xx

I really like the sauce but you have to be careful with the sweetner, its hard to get the balance right but when you do its great!
Jaffa was pretty good but i think i am gonna try it a little different next time. the sell smaller flan bases in tesco and i think the Tesco ones are less syns than asda :)

Sorry I haven't been on today girlies, and this will only be a quickie! I have had the busiest day! Working full time and doing a degree means I am bogged down at work, have my final essay due in 2 weeks and have now just been commisionrd to do 130 placecards for a wedding...in three weeks! Eeek!

Just wanted to let you all know I haven't forgot you and I'm hoping to come and have a proper nosey and a natter tomorrow! Hope toy are all doing wonderfully :) xxxxx

Evening all.

Your dinners all look yummy :) I've had a quick and easy but totally yummy dinner of gammon, egg and SW chips. It always tastes too good and feels like total comfort food.

I really can't wait for my mum to get back off holiday at the weekend, she used to do SW and I know she has some recipe books I can steal. Going to see what she has before I go buying some myself. Really can't wait to try some new recipes though, I've done a few of the ones suggested in the recipe section on here and they have been lovely.

The Wii can be so addictive so be careful Bev...it's going to get you! Looking forward to an exercise day tomorrow, need to get in as much as possible to make up for the past couple of days.

Glad everyone is having another good day today. Haven't heard from Sian yet, hope she is feeling better today.

Keep up the good work guys and I'll check in again tomorrow xx

Evening ladies! :D How are we all? Hope you've all had a good day, and :welcome2: to the new members of our team that I haven't said hi to yet! :welcome:

I just thought I'd pop on to say hello before I toddle off to bed. For a night owl like me, the thought of going to bed at 10pm is unnatural, lol! :D Still feeling ill today, and also a bit down in the dumps :sick: I can hardly be bothered to make myself food this week, but I know I need to eat. Don't really want to lose weight by starving myself!! Lol!

I've been having a quick peek through all your posts - your dinners look and sound scrummy. Drool drool! :drool: When I'm fighting fit again I shall be stealing some of your ideas definitely :) You all sound very motivated with your exercise - please send some my way, lol! The thought of exercise is about as appealing as a hole in the head! :giggle:

Anyways, I'm going to head off to bed soon and try to beat this lurgy. Hope to have a bit of a longer chat soon! Night all!

Sian xxx :nightf:

Hi all,

just thought id let everyone no that i lost 2lbs and weigh in 2nite!!

Ive now lost 13lbs in 2 weeks!!

0_half_stone.jpg

roll on next week!!!!!

Awww Sian, hope you are feeling better tomorrow. Best thing is to rest up and get plenty of sleep. Big hug to you though. I'm sure you'll be feeling yourself soon :)

Well done tanny, that is a brilliant loss and 13lb in 2 weeks is amazing!

Good Morning Girlies.
With all my missions due in the next few weeks, the only moments i get are early morning really!

Sian, sorry to hear you're not feeling good still :( sending lots of get well soon vibes your way!

Capricorn - Well done on the wii! and your dinner looks absolutely delicious! I've done my 20 minutes both tues and this morning, not much i know but i dont want to do too much too soon and then give up because i can't be bothered!

Losc - is the biggest loser worth getting? it being "hard" doesnt fill me with enthusiasm! haha! and your dinner sounded lovely, although i can't stand coriander!

Tanny - Woweee! Well done on your loss this week, long may it continue :)

I've got a hommade soup for lunch later and am filling up on fruit throughout the day as i finish work at lunch and go straight to have my nails done! Planning Chicken Tikka Masala tonight, with roasted peppers and carrot. Might skip the rice and just have a few potatoes instead, trying to balance my carbs and not have carb overload! Need to try reeeeally hard to get my water down me this week!

How much does everyone else drink?

Sending lots of slimming vibes to you all :)
xxxxx

Morning Ladies

Ooooh capricorn, your dinner last night looks lovely, i might try that today! which book is it from? had a nose through my books and couldnt find recipe, maybe i havent woken up yet.

Red, i am gonna try the bbq sauce, thanks for the tip about the sweetner though! glad you enjoyed the jaffa cake!

Dudette, hugs to you, hope your feeling better soon. Dont overdo it! and lots of chicken soup!!!

Corsacar, was worried when didnt see you yesterday!! ha ha, glad your ok.I know what you mean on the exercise front, about not doing too much too soon and getting fed up! gonna go on wii in a min, get it out of the way for the day.

Chelle, i love gammon with egg and pineapple and sw chips,in fact, thats what i cooked last night for my hubby and sis! i just fancied the salmon though, but when i saw his, i was drooling! Have a fun exercise day!

Tanny, well done on your weight loss, thats fab!!!

Have a great day everyone, need some inspiration for tonights tea so any ideas gratefully received!!!

Sending thinspiration to you all!!

xx

Last edited:
Morning all.Well done xxtannyxx on your loss thats great.
Hope you will soon be feeling better dudette. Im getting my recipe books out today to have a look through,im loving the sound of all your meals.
Im going on the wii in a bit i need to go on when my son is at school as i dont get a look in otherwise lol,i love table tennis,im thinking of getting just dance it looks good.
im so glad i found this site its been great getting ideas,recipes support from each other and chatting to people who are also on a weight loss journey,you think you are on your own and the only person needing to loose weight.As i said before i am going to take a stone at a time as otherwise i have such a huge mountain to climb,i have been on slimming world plan before but this time i really am motivated and very focused and for that im pleased with my self .:D
have a good day .xx:)

Good morning all.

Just a quick one today as I only have an hour while my daughter is asleep and I need to get some Wii done.

To be honest, I'm feeling a little down about things today for some reason. Not enthusiastic about exercising and I really want to just eat rubbish today! I will be good, but just feeling like this isn't normal for me so its getting me worried :confused:

Hope everyone is feeling more positive! Have a good day :)

I agree surreygal, i have great support at home, but it is lovely to be surrounded by people on here that are in the same boat, it makes me realise im not the only one with weight to lose!

awww, chelle, hugs to you. I had a day a bit like this sunday!I hope your ok, here for you, try and just make the best choices that you can, but most of all, dont give yourself a hard time, you are only human hun.

i really enjoy the wii when im on it and feel loads better afterwards, but i really have to force myself to do it! It seems like so much effort somedays, especially when you have got to go to work, and if your trying to look after your baby too hun, i think your gonna have days when you must be really tired, so dont beat yourself up about it. I am off work this week, but am back in next week, im a student nurse, and after a shift, i am shattered, so i am not sure how well i will do next week with exercise! Your doing really great.xx

Last edited:
Sorry about the negative vibe to my first post, guess it's just one of those days.

After I posted, I read your post Surreygal and you sounded so motivated and focused it actually woke me up a bit because I like to be as determind as you.

Thanks for your support too Losc. I am tired, the last couple of nights I've fallen asleep on the sofa, I'm shattered.

Anyway, I've been on the Wii and I've done my second Biggets Loser session. I do love this game as it almost feels like I have a personal trainer! For those who haven't got it, you set it up by saying how much weight you want to lose and how long you want a fitness program for (max 12 weeks ata time) and it then provides you with a training session. You get a calendar with when your training sessions will be (you can move this onto different days to fit in with your plans). So then when you switch on it tells you have a session to do and what kind, so upper body, full body etc and then it takes you through the exercises. It is really good. Some exercises are quite easy but I find the yoga type ones and press ups etc ridiculously hard! If you haven't got a scheduled session, you can still do extra routines or challenges. The challenges are so hard but brilliant, really get you sweaty.

Off to the park now, so back to the Wii later. Sorry again for being down on my first post xx

Afternoon all

Sorry you are feeling down Chelleb ... hope you are feeling brighter soon flower ;), and don't appologise for letting it out on here -thats what we are here for -The bad times as well as the good ones ....

Loscs -that coq au vin is from the "world of flavours" book and its lovely.... the only thing I have found with a lot of SW recipes is that they add to much liquid -luckily I always reduce the amount as I don't like runny :D
Well done on the loss XXTannyXX :clap:
Dudette -hope you are fit n well soon

Im doing special egg fried rice for dinner tonight -I used to do it before SW -and I haven't had to change it -well I just eat less ;)-and Im putting salami in there too as I need to use some syns and its only 3 for 28g, and as its a strong flavour 28g is plenty

I need to get some more time in on the wii -I did a bit this morning, but Im waiting until Im dog free -Im dog sitting at the moment (should be picked up soon mind )

Hope everyone has a good day

Afternoon all.
chelleb you dont have to apologize about your post, we can all have days like that .you have done really well on your weight loss. hope you had fun at the park .:)
capricorn im loving your recipes.
I made s sw quiche the other day and i really enjoyed that.
be back later.xx

Hey everyone, you're all so positive I can feel the vibes through the screen.:D I have a Wii up in my sons room I should try out some of the stuff you lot do. Was going to get a wii fit but I'm too fat for the board lol. Nevermind, I'm sure there's something I can do.

Feeling more positive than I was yesterday when I spent the evening in tears over WI. I'm so focused on the plan and losing weight that it gets me very down when I don't lose well knowing I've done everything I should. I need to learn to get over the bad weeks, I don't ruin the next with food or anything but emotionally I get quite drained. Does that make sense?:8855:

Anyway, new week and all I can do is stick with what I'm doing, make a few changes here and there and hope my body does as it should!

Have a great afternoon everyone. For tea tonight I'm going to make a SW pizza with tons of veggies. Need the comfort of it more than anything but atleast it's a safe way to get it.:D

Hi there Lovely Laura
I love the tennis game on the wii sports resort game (if you have it)... you don't use the board ...and you can give it as little or as much welly as you like ;) -I throw myself around like a loony, it might be a good one to start of on as its quite gentle -then you get to grips and start giving it some oomph:p -I seem to end up playing for an hour every evening now -and the time goes really quickly :D
It can be difficult not to focus on WI day can't it.... thats why I think our next mini challenges on here are a good idea -because If i remember correctly they are going to be to try and do so many mins of exercise a day/week and to try 1 new recipe a week...so no focussing on just lbs lost/gained :p
hope you are feeling a little happier soon ;) -you are doing the right things -so the weight will come of -just sometime not when we think we have earnt it :confused:

Afternoon everyone.

Chelle, you dont even need to worry, you werent negative...you were just honest, and actually i think you did me a favour by being honest. We all need to be honest dont we about the good days and the bad, because lets face it, its on the bad days that were prob gonna need the most support. Hope you had fun at the park, i have been on the wii too, go us!!!

Lovely laura, how much did you lose at WI. Your heading in the right direction and you sound motivated but i understand how dissapointing it can be when we dont see what we would like to on the scales! Its not easy this dieting lark is it. Have a great day.

Mmm, i also fancy special fried rice now! your recipes sound yummy! will have to buy the book with the coq au vin in, its the only one i dont think i have, always the way!

Anyway ladies, something i read on here yesterday really motivated me. I started out on sw wanting to lose weight, not sure how much, but knew i prob needed to lose a good few stone. If i am going to be completely honest, i would love to lose 10 stone. Have never admitted that before as it sounds like such a huge amount to lose! Anyway, someone else posted on the forum that it would take 70 weeks of losing 2lbs a week to lose ten stone. How do-able does that sound. This really motivated me. This means, that if i continue with losing 2lbs a week, i could have lost ten stone by May next year. Not long is it really.

XX

Evening girls.

Thanks for all the encouragement and support today. My bad day hasn't been too bad afterall. I managed to get quite a bit of exercise done on the Wii and chasing after my little one at the park! The only thing I've not been great with is eating and drinking. Not had anything bad, just not had much of anything really. So far I've had a mullerlight, a plain omlette and an Alpen light bar. Normally I'm grazing all day! I'm not even sure what I'm having for dinner yet...really off my game today!

What's everyone else planning for dinner?

ps Losc, that is a brilliant way of looking at it. Going to work out my dates now xx

Back