QUEEN SIZE TO PRINCESS

Ahh thanks sian hun you have made me smile:D

theres no particular reason its just a few little things which has happened 2day

its so hot and im proper struggling in this heat(coz of me weight)
then i get a bit down beacause i am struggling,i just want to get rid of it all quick lol

thats the first bit!

then i went out earlier today and someone called me a not so nice word about my weight so that upset me:mad:

and then to top it off i came on here to cheer my self up(as i love this site)
and wasnt to pleased by someones post to one of my threads!

but me now picturing you being pulled along by your dog has made me smile;) so thank you hun x

Afternoon you lovely lot :D

Tanny -just think "knickers" to whoever made a comment -I once had someone say "look at the size of her" -so I responded with "well, I may be fat but I can lose weight.....what can you do about having a face like a tram crash and the personality of a seaslug" -his mates actually applauded me and took the pee out of him! -luckily Im quick and sarcastic...
Don't let them get to you hun...they don't matter:p

Sian -Im affraid I have had"starvin marvin" with me for years :8855:-only this time he is losing...I won't let he drive me to the fridge ;)

Yup -Bev, sian is right a remoska looks a bit like a pressure cooker -but plugs into the electric and is THE best kitchen thing I have got *and I have loads* -it has no temp control you just switch it on and it roasts chicken, jackets, bakes cakes -we keep trying to figure out how it knows what is in there :8855:I use my gas cooker perhaps once a month now -if that..and the remoska doesn't use much leccy ;) -ooohhh and as a bonus its dead easy to clean :D
oohhh folks the concoction for tonight dinner is looking promising -If its a good end result I will try and remember to get a pic and then post the recipe...proper comfort food "woohoo"

right off to have 5mins then hopefully hubby will be in soon -by which time I will be ready for my dinner -
have a great evening everyone..we will get through these difficult times...

Hellooooooo!

Capricorn - hope your dinner turns out well! :D

Tanny - Capricorn is quite right when she says don't let them get to you. I'm a fine one to talk, but at the end of the day we just need to remember that those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind!! :)

Re: struggling in the heat...I know how you feel hun, I really hate being this weight when the sun is shining. Makes me feel like a right sweaty Betty! :D Sorry if that's TMI!! :8855: Like you I'd love to lose the weight quickly, but slowly slowly catchy monkey and all that. The only way I'd lose weight quickly is to chop off a leg, or my head! Head might be better as then I wouldn't be able to stuff my face with naughty things! ;) I guess we just need to try to accept that it might take some time to lose weight, but we'll all get there in the end! :)

Sian xxx

Bums! See, I told you my memory was pants didn't I Sian? I forgot your Wii hasn't even been delivered yet!! :8855: I hope you and your scales have had a lovely holiday :giggle: I can see now why you decided to give them a holiday too :D I'd get weighed again when you get back home if I were you, you just never know! Your scales might not like being away! lol

Tanny, just ignore the ignorant pigs who called you a horrible name. Manners are totally absent in some folk. You can lose weight, but they will probably always be ignorant b*eeders :D

Just think, this time next year you will be strutting your stuff and enjoying the summer :)

I'm intrigued now as to what someone posted that would annoy/upset you. Mmmmm I might have to have a scout around :D lol Anyway, ignore them too!

Capricorn, that remoska thingy mi jig, sounds fab. I may have to investigate! Mmmmm I can feel a purchase coming on :eek: LOL Looking forward to a piccie of your dinner......and the recipie :D

Afternoon all:)
Good luck tomorrow with your wi dudette.
What a lovely day today.
Tanny sorry your feeling low hun,just try and ignore those nasty comments people can be so ignorant can't they no manners,rise above them your better than them:D.
capricorn your dinner sounds yum.
I have done 45 mins so far today for my exercise.:D
catch you later.xx

Hello hello hello

How has everyone been getting on today then? I see a few more have joined the struggling club this week. It really must be something in the water.

I had a meeting all afternoon so I couldn't graze on my superspeedy free food, which I did miss, but I did manage to get some exercise in at lunch and went for a brisk walk around a nature reserve next to my work which I never even knew existed!

My back really went last night when I was getting up to go to bed. It was that bad I was just sobbing and couldn't move :eek: I eventually got to bed and slept so well (unusual with bad back) and this morning it's like I'm almost cured! It is so strange, its almost like last nights antics put it back to normal. Very odd but I'm not complaining. So hopefully I'll be back on the Wii by the weekend.:clap:

I start by writing things down and being organised but things just never stick to plan. At work when I've nothing better to do I do a weekly plan but I just tend to swap things around so much. Like I said last night, my OH is so unhelpful and I can have everything planned out but when I get home he says he fancies something different! It is probably why I end up saving my syns in the day just incase.

Anyway, good luck tomorrow Sian on your WI, I'll have my fingers crossed for a loss for you. Loved your dog walking story, really made me chuckle :chores016:

And Tanny, I know it's easier said than done but don't let those idiots get you down. You are better than them, they have no manners and are just plain rude.

Hope everyone is beating the blues and has a better day tomorrow :)

ps. Welcome WeeWee, hope you enjoy and get as much support out of our little group as I do. Everyone is so lovely and helpful

pps. Losc I think it was you asking about the Step on the Wii. It does only go to the 6 minute one but then you unlock one called free step where you can continue doing step whilst watching normal tv. I'm not keen, I'd love a longer step session instead.

Last edited:
wow a tortilla wrap a chat with a mate and a promise for an energetic hour i will introduce her soon we all have alot to advise eachother

Hi all!

Weewee - sounds like you've had a good time! :D

Chelle - glad to hear that your back is feeling a bit better hun. I've been having problems with my back after falling heavily on my coccyx so I can sympathise with your problems. Sleeping in a different bed this week hasn't helped :) Sorry to hear that your OH is a bit unhelpful when it comes to your SW meals. I've been staying with my parents this week, and bless them they struggle a bit with the concept of the diet. Been pretty much making my own meals though this week so I've resisted most temptations!

I'm glad I cheered a couple of people up with my dog-walking story. I looked like such a wally, lol! :8855: Didn't help that one of my ex-pupils happened to be ambling past the park, arghhh! :busted: Lol!

Right then ladies. I'd like a bit of advice if possible. I'm following EE, and don't really want to swap to Red or Green days (hate the thought of all that weighing! :eek:). The problem is I've become a bit stuck in a rut with what I'm eating e.g. bolognese, SW quiche, omelettes, as I take a packed lunch to work and try to make enough for lunch the following day (I'd rather be in bed than make lunch in the morning is the long and short of it ;)). I shouldn't really be eating so many eggs either as they affect my stomach!

Can anybody recommend some different meals that would be ok to heat up the following day, and which don't take hours to cook? Preferably not curries (Indian spices burn my mouth badly!) or things with chillies in. Sorry, I'm a fart I know!! :giggle:

I love pasta, rice, meat, most veggies, fruit, potatoes etc. I quite like pasta dishes for lunch as they're filling and I'm not tempted to snack then! :)

Sian xxx

Evening all -just a quick one before I off to the land of nod...

Dinner WAS a hit -I will post the recipe tomorrow -and we have half left too ;)....
I have finished today having got through 8 syns and I managed 2hr on the wii -so I am 1/3 of the way through my target :D
ChelleB -glad you back is on the mend -when your back hurts, everything else hurts doesn't it!!
Sian -I will never forget the time my ex-racing greyhound escaped(I had only had him a few days) and he shot out and went up the white line of the main road like a bat out of hell :eek:....luckily a workman grabbed him as I was in pursuit -bare foot and uttering words that would have made a squaddy blush :8855:
I will have a look through my SW cook books and see if I can come up with any ideas...off the top of my head-the coq au vin is stunning -oh god and the stiffado -they are pretty much a couple of steps , then wang everything in and leave to its own devices and they feeze well...
Right -"to bed to bed said sleepy head, tarrie a while said slow, put on the pot said greedy got lets sup before we go" -in other words Im off to bed :p...night night all
sleep well

Apologies in advance, I feel a rant coming on. Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggghhhhhh. Just got in from work, and someone has really peed me off. Honestly, i was fuming! i cant stand lazy people! some nurse has had me running all over the place today, doing work, that she should have done first thing today, instead she left it until half eight this evening, and lands all the responsibility on me, that this patient now needs the job doing immediately. Had to go to another ward and interrupt a dr. in the middle of an emergency with a very poorly patient (as he had already told this nurse) and then im expected to interrupt him to get him to do what we need. which would not have been urgent had it have been done first thing. Rant over. Loads more to it, but im off to bed as i am back in at 7am tom. Sorry everyone, i just need to vent.

thanks chelle, i have unlocked the free step, i just find it boring, so i just end up doing the advanced step about 10 times! hope your back gets better soon.

So much to reply to,will reply properly tomorrow! hope everyone is doing ok, your doing great girls, keep it up, and we can get each other through this pooey week! hugs to everyone

ps.tanny, seriously dont worry about anyone on here or anywhere else that has upset you, they aint worth the brain activity! relax, and give yourself a pat on the back at how fabulous you are doing xx

Tanny - some people are rotten,ignore them.
Had a much better second day, kept to the syns and ate tonnes of salad!

Good morning everyone :D

Looks like it's going to be another lovely hot day!

Just a quickie this morning as I want to bash the Wii before my shower and work :whip: (I need to update my ticker to show last nights 30 :( effort.

I agree, free step is boring. I too would much prefer a longer session at an advanced level - Mind it did mean I could watch 'The Biggest Loser' lol You can speed it up a bit, but I still found the quickest setting too slow :(

Oh I'm going out tonight, so it will be syn city here :eek: I know I can stay ok with food, but booze is an entirely different story! lol I'm not even going to count, I'm just going to drink and enjoy! No guilt, and get back to wearing my halo tomorrow :D I've not touched a drop since my first WI (quite an achievement for me let me tell you) so I figure I'm due a good glug :p

Normally I would be dreading this, and it would completely put me off for the rest of the weekend/week, but this time I feel different - my head is in a totally different place this time. It will probs affect my loss this coming WI, but hey, we have to live from time to time eh? Hopefully with my 'new' mindset I won't go bonkers and throw it down my neck like it's going out of fashion :8855:

Looking forward to your recipie Capricorn.

Pleased to hear you back is almost better Chelle - hope it's still ok this morning.

I know I've missed loads again - I just can't keep up with you lot! lol

I hope every one of you has super good days today. xxx

Thank you everyone!!!!:D

i would just like to say thanx for all your kind words!!

i feel a lot better 2day and ready for a lovely weekend!

I hope you are all well!:)

Whats everybody doing over weekend anything nice?

Im doing race for life on Sunday. Unfortunately I have done no training this year and weigh two stone more than last year - not going to be fun but totally worth while!

Morning All

Lovely sunny day here too. Sadly I’m stuck in a freezing cold office with my coat on :(

Thanks for all the support with my blooming back ache. It’s still not 100% but I’m sure I’ll be able to do something on the Wii this weekend, I might just have to pick and choose a little.

Have a good night out tonight Bev. If you’re good with your food choices, you can be more naughty with your drinking. We’ve all been good, so deserve a treat once in a while.

Tanny, I’m glad you are feeling better today hun. Not sure what I’m up to at the weekend. Need to go look for a new car, but if the weather is really nice this might get bumped off to the following weekend. Will definitely be enjoying the weather, so will be either at the beach or in a park somewhere.

Good luck Tatws for the Race for Life tomorrow. I did it last year and it is an amazing event and a great cause. Hope it’s not too warm for you! Let us know how you get on.

I’m going out for lunch today as it is someone’s last day, but I have already checked out the menu and I’m having the jacket potato with salad and beans. Looking forward to it already :p

It will be a tough month this one, got 3 leaving do’s, 5 birthdays (including my own!), a night out up at the O2 to see Bon Jovi and then its World Cup and BBQ’s and beer! Going to be on my best behaviour though and make all the right choices! Will be a challenge though. I go on holiday next month so I need to be good. Got 7 or 8 WI’s until we go and I’d love to lose another stone in that time.

Anyone else got any holidays or exciting plans in the next few months?

Have a good day all and for any of you that can…enjoy the sunshine :D

hi guys,i was awake at the crack of dawn,some bird in the tree outside my window twiitering to his friends lol.so have had plenty of time to pack a healthy salad ham butty some fruit and my mp3 player,am going to go out for a powerwalk/jog later.
tanny i hope today finds you feeling more positive,just say I CAN DO THIS!(because you can you know);)
capricorn,yes i had heard the prepareing to fail phrase before but ur signature reminded me of it and it really is a little gem,for instance if i dont prepare in my diary i always lose track of points and end up overeating.
dudette!what another gem for my mind,those that mind dont matter,i know it doesnt always seems that way to us but its sooo true REMEMBER THAT ONE LADIES!
anyway heres another one i try to adhere to...
procrastination is the thief of time.
so on that note im going to get myself ready to go and do some exercise instead of just thinking about it heehee have a grt day peeps spk soon x

Hey everyone, there's been so much posted while I was away that I can't possibly remember it all to comment on. Sorry, not ignoring you all! Sorry it's been a rotten week for so many of you. I swear it's sort of like we take control of one part of our lives (diet) then the rest messes around with us. I struggle daily with my depression and though exercise helps it's still a pain in the arse!

I was fairly well behaved on holiday, I had one night off plan which was silly but I loved it until the next morning. I've not been off plan since starting and though I could have incorporated it that night I just couldn't be bothered! So the rest of this week I'm going to be a saint. For once I won't be too concerned by what the scales say on Tuesday, it actually worked out fairly well because though I enjoyed everything I ate and drank it didn't make me think I was missing out which is a massive plus for me. I'm always scared to relax around food but I hopped back on plan Wednesday morning so yay for my control lol.

Have a great weekend everyone, I don't have much planned at the moment. Need to sort my house out because my son's having a sleepover next week for his birthday and the thought of other parents coming round is freaking me out!

Morning all!

Well, lots of posts to reply to! :D

Bev - have a cracking night out hun. We all deserve to let our hair down once in a while! :D

Tanny - so glad you're feeling better today hun. We all have days where it seems we're getting nowhere, but as long as we hang in there we'll get there eventually :)

Tatws - best of luck with the Race for Life!! You're a braver person than me! :) Hope the weather's not too warm for you hun.

Chelle - I'm soooooooooooooooooooo jealous!! Bon Jovi are fab :D They were in Cardiff back in 2001, but they were playing the day before my History GCSE - the parents would have gone mental if I'd bought a ticket! ;) Gutted in the extreme! Hope you enjoy your lunch hun! :)

weewee - I love the saying "procrastination is the thief of time"! I know all about that one ;) I've been procrastinating all week - reports won't write themselves though unfortunately :(

On a more somber note...I lost half a pound this week :( Bit gutted really as I tried really hard this week after using a lot of my syns at the weekend :( I stayed within syns, and I cut my portion sizes down. I also had lots of fruit and veggies with my meals, so I'm really disappointed. I know that it's a loss, but I see so many people doing really well week after week, and it just feels like I'm struggling to shift the weight. Sorry, touch of the green-eyed monster I think! :eek: I need to pull myself together really! Any loss is a good thing, and I had put on 3.5lb over the weekend, so actual loss from Monday to Friday is 4lb :)

I do feel that I need to vary what I'm eating more, as I said in my post last night, so any ideas would be welcome!! :)

Hope you all have a great day m'lovelies!

Sian xxx :)

cheesy topped minced beef and potato layer recipe

Right I have copied this over from my diary.. will post properly in a moment when I have caught up...

-here is the dish I made yesterday:-

I made it up as I went along , so some of this might be a little vague :eek:-so you can adjust it to suit - but here goes....
Cheese topped minced beef and potato layer
serves 4

free on EE if using cheese as HealthyA
  • 450g minced steak
  • 2 large onions chopped
  • 1 red pepper chopped
  • frozen mushrooms defrosted and squeezed out
  • 1tsp dried mixed herbs
  • 2 stock cubes -I use 1 beef/1 lamb
  • 1/2 carton passata
  • seasoning
  • sliced potatoes -I leave the skins on
topping
  • 150g ff fromage frais
  • 150g quark -I used one with herbs in
  • 2 eggs
  • seasoning
  • 84g low fat cheddar -2 healthy As (1 for me n 1 for hubby ;))
Now I made mine in the remoska -but you can just do it in a pan/oven so i will "do" it that way :D

1. Seal the meat in a dry non stick pan
  2. add the onions and cook until translucent
  3. throw in the peppers and mushrooms and cook for approx 10 mins
  4. add the herbs and stock cubes and cook over a gentle heat for a couple of mins
  5. add the passata, stir well and leave to bubble away for about 10-15 mins -stiring occasionaly
  6. transfer into an oven proof dishe/dishes
  7. thinly slice the potatoes and arrange in layers on top of the mince -seaseon
  8. cover with foil and bake in a medium oven until the potatoes are tender
  9. remove the foil
  10. beat the quark, fromage frais, eggs and plenty of seasoning together
  11. pour over the potatoes
  12. bake for 10 mins
  13. add the grated cheese and bake until golden
I made it sound quite long winded -but its really not... I just waffle :8855:

We had ours with salad and there is still half left for tomorrow -so really it only uses 1/2 a HealthyB -it is soooooooo tasty and filling, and of course you can make variations on it too :D -I mean when I think about it..you could swap the potatoes for cooked pasta mmm

Back