QUEEN SIZE TO PRINCESS

Ooh yeah wee wee, that sounds fab! ha ha , and we will all be skinny minnies! I love the idea of all meeting up somewhere along the way! xx

Hey everyone I had my first weigh-in tonight and lost 3.5 which im pleased with xx

Good Morning Ladies, sorry i have been so quiet lately, i have been reading all the posts but i can't remember what they all said now, sorry girls!

Stacey - wowweee, well done :) such a fabulous first week, keep it up!

I went to aquafit last night but it was cancelled! Howver the leisure centre offered us a swim for free so obviously i took them up on that!
They also have na offer on for joining and its a great offer, may have to join on payday..eeek, i've never been a member of a gym...its pretty scary!

Eatingwise, its been a fairly good week i think, i did have a few downs so just hope that monday is good news:)

How is everyone else doing?

Louise- thankyo for thinking about me hun! i am much much calmer now, 99% of all the stress has gone so everything is a lot more manageable now! How are you sweets?

Happy slimming today ladies, must get off and do my hair for work!
xxxx

Good morning everyone :D

Thank gawd it's Friday! I've had such a busy week without having much of a thought for food. I've been organised with the menu and cooking etc, so I've had a good week. I feel as though I'm in the 'zone' :D

Welcome Kasia and Helen, good luck with your weightloss journeys girls, I'm sure you will enjoy being part of this super team! :D

Big well done to Stacey and Alia on your losses this week :talk017:

Sian - Mafia! :8855: That really made me laugh! lol

Louise the recipie challenge sounds like a good idea - I can't come up with anything better anyway! lol The best I could come up with was staying off the scales in between weigh ins and drinking loads of water! :8855:

Capricorn - you're an engine! Completed the exercise challenge already :eek: I'm only managing a quick half hour before work. I'll catch up over the weekend though :p

A meet up in 6 months time sounds an interesting idea. I've never done anything like that before - it could be a laugh :D

Good luck to anyone who has WI today.

Have a great days everyone. Catch you's later - I've got to go renovate myself for work now :( lol I've even got to iron a top for work :eek: I made tonights dinner last night instead of ironing :D :8855:

Oh before I forget - thanks for the 'stiffy' recipie Capricorn, I'll shimmy over to your diary and copy it into my growing folder :D

Morning everyone,just come in from a 30min walk.Having my hair done today,cut and highlighted.Just sprucing the house up before hand.Not hungry just yet but i will have some weetabix and sliced banana in about an hour and a half.Menu,undecided as yet but it will be all good stuff :)

morning all well done on thosse weight losses people ..im really strugling this week its * week so craving the chocolate ....grrr i have to be good though really need to lose two pounds for my stone .

Good morning girls :D!!!
Shrinking Bev- thank you for welcoming me in such a nice manner, and I do need support as almost everyone in my family is slim so none of them knows how hard it is ( not with SW though :D)

My question for today is : What are we having for dinner today girlies???
Thanks to dudette2001uk my DH and I decided on Hunter Chicken mmmmm

have a nice day :wavey:
x

Good morning all.:)
Welcome to pinksparkly,boo and kasiapelasia:welcome:.
Well done stacey and alia on your loss this week.:D :D
dudette thanks for listing the hunters chicken recipe,im going to try that one .:D
I need to try and catch up on some of my exercise :8855:.
hope everyone has a good day.
xx :)

Morning all

Wow, 3 pages of posts since I last looked yesterday! This group is really really busy these days, it’s brilliant. I think I might need to up my contribution level! :)

Welcome to Kasia and Helen, nice to have you on board.

Helen, if you didn’t mind the quorn lamb grills I’d definitely recommend some of the other quorn stuff, the grills are the worst quorn products I had (and the chicken pieces). The mince is lovely and the bangers (improved recipe ones) and also the frozen chicken in garlic and herb crumb (think these are 3 syns though), worth a try on a green day. I usually do green days but I’m trying a red week this week and it is so nice eating proper meat again!!

Well done Alia on your loss this week. Looking at your losses week by week, they’ve been amazing. Keep up the good work.

Stacey congratulations on your first weigh in. What a great start, 3.5lb is brilliant.

Glad everyone is loving the hunters chicken. It was the first time I had it on Wednesday but will definitely be having it again. I must say though, because I struggle to use my syns, I actually just used HP BBQ sauce and synned it, only 1 syn per tbl spoon and I used no more than 3. So that is another option if you want a quick dinner. I have made that syn free bbq sauce in the past and it is yummy, although a little sweet but it does store well. I filled an old squirty bottle and used it for a week or so fine.

The recipe challenge does sound interesting. I would definitely be up for trying some new ideas out. Need to get this challenge completed first. At this rate I’ll be exercising all weekend! :eek:

Corsacar I think you should definitely give the gym ago. I’m like you, I’ve never been to the gym before but our local centre has a great offer on at the moment and I’m tempted. Just don’t want to go and it be full of size 6 fitness freaks that’s all. Get a bit self conscious when exercising. I’d love to go to one of the aerobics or step classes but worry about the same thing. Suppose I need to be brave but easier said than done.

I managed to get out of the Chinese yesterday by saying that because it was short notice I’d already got a large dinner planned for when I get home. They kind of bought it I think. If you remember about me, I don’t tell people I’m dieting! I took a big chocolate muffin when they came round and then snuck it home in my bag for the OH. So the day was saved :clap: Then had gammon for dinner so all was good.

Not sure what I'm having for dinner, but I have some lean lamb mince so might try this lamb herby spicy thing I'm sure I have a recipe for lol

Hope everyone has a fantastic day today…it’s FRIDAY!

xx

Morning all .....
Hello and :welcome: to the newbies....
:happy096: on the losses too -:happy036::happy036:
Heck there has been lots going on on here that I need to catch up on..so I appologise if I miss anyone/anything :p
I will be having coq au vin for dinner-it is scrum-diddly-umptious :eating: -here you go Bev ....
Coq au vin
serves 4
1.5syns on original/EE

15 syns on Green
  • low cal cooking spray (I don't use)
  • 12 lean bacon rashers-cut into bite size pieces -(I used smoked and 1 rasher per portion ;))
  • 12 baby onions -peeled and left whole -(I use normal onions cut into wedges-leave a little bit of the root on to keep them together)
  • 4 cloves garlic -peeled and crushed
  • 400g baby mushrooms -(I use frozen mushrooms -defrosted and squeezed out)
  • 2 sticks celery -cut into 2cm pieces
  • 2 carrots -diced
  • 1 thyme sprig
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 180ml red wine -burgundy or bordeaux
  • 800ml chicken stock
  • 2tbs balsamic vinegar
  • 12 skinless chicken thighs/drumsticks-I used a breast each
  • seasoning
  1. place a heavy-based casserole dish over a medium heat-spray with oil and add the bacon and onions and fry until just browned
  2. add garlic, mushrooms, celery and carrots
  3. turn up the heat to high and add thyme, bay leaf, red wine, vinegar and stock
  4. add chicken and bring to the boil then lower the heat and simmer gently for about 25mins -until chicken is tender
  5. Then for a thicker sauce remove the chicken and keep warm in foil and bubble the liquid down-put the chicken back in and heat
I do it a little different :p- I make that sauce as per the recipe -but don't add the chicken -I bubble the sauce down to about half volume and THAN add the chicken and cook until tender ;)
Also -the sauce is sooooooo nice without the chicken that Im going to do it again -making just the sauce to have with pasta :D

Have we settled on the new challenge being the "cook something new" one? --- Im doing my meal plan for next week today....and have already penciled in some new things... Im loving working through the cook books

Right I had better get off and get soemthing done...have a great day everyone :D

Thanks everyone im very pleased :) Today Im having chicken tika and salad in wholemeal pitta bread, mullar light and a bananna xx

oh well done on week one hun 3.5 is a fabulous loss:Dim glad for you.i hope everybody else is having a good day un fortunately last night i succumbed to alcohol(i think the word is mashed:D)but it not only resulted in me going over points with the vodka i drank but also i decided at the end of the night a spam butty with marg and on normal bread was a good idea:break_diet:ah well today is a new day,i deserve the hangover lol im going out n my bike to blow it away,have a good one all WE CAN DO THIS!! XX

Afternoon all!!

It's Fridayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!! Woooo! :D

Well done on your loss Stacey - 3.5lb is an excellent loss!!!! :D

Just a quick post at the moment as I'm trying to work out how the new washing machine works (I may be a scientist but I have no clue about these things, lol! :8855:)

Well, I lost 1/2 a pound again this week. So I'm a bit gutted really :( But at least it's a loss, however small. I think I'm going to go back to EE for the week and up my superfree intake, as I'm not happy with losing 1/2 a pound a week forever more! :( I'll be here for the next 10 years if that's the case, lol!

How has everyone's day been? Hope you've all had a goodun! :D

Sian xxx

Hello one and all

Firstly, congrats Dudette on your 0.5lb loss - as you say, its not ideal, but better than putting on or STS I guess! I'll cross my fingers for a better loss for you next week.

I have been on plan today, although quite hungry (it was a boring day at work which doesn't help), so I've eaten my bodyweight in fruit trying to stave off the hunger pangs.

Dinner tonight isn't very inspiring either - its the night before the supermarket shopping comes, so I have some Pork to use up and some stirfry veg, but nothing exciting to make a low syn sauce with (I'm out of passata/tomato puree, boo) so I think I will just have to have it plain.

I have weigh in at home tomorrow morning, so hoping for a reasonable loss - and then will be able to enjoy an EE day with a clear conscience. I also ordered some Hifi Bars off Ebay, as you can't get them if you are a Body Optimise member, and they were really nice, so might see if I can get some more, even though they are horrifically expensive off Ebay, boo.

I think I'm going to read through the whole of this thread now and see if there's any tips or recipes I can nick.

Laters
Helen x

Hi Sian, unfortunately its the beansprout type stir fry - but I do have some soy sauce (no honey bah) so I'll bung some of that in. Its only cos the cupboards are bare that I'm going to have a dull meal - but one dull meal isn't exactly going to kill me and my online shopping comes tomm morning, so it will be a nice big brekkie after weigh in for me :D

Hellooooooooooo everyone :D

Just a quickie for now - just in from walking the doggies and I is a hungry munchkin :D lol Helen, I'm having a pork stir fry too. Tis nice and quick and I've been fancying it all day :D

Helen why not buy Alpen light bars? They're cheaper than HiFi bars off ebay and you can have 2 as an HEXB rather than 1 HiFi :D I used to buy the HiFi bars from class, but as soon as I found out I could have 2 Alpen lights instead, I stopped getting them. lol

Congrats on the loss Sian. I'd be a tad disappointed too, but chin up chuck and soldier on. 0.5 off is better than 0.5 on or a STS, and every little bit counts! :) It can be so disheartening when you know you've been good and deserve more :confused: Hopefully next week you'll blow us all away with a bonzer loss :eek::D

Happy friday evening everyone. So much going on and I forgot my notebook again!

Welcome to all the new members and well done to all the great losses. You're all stars.:D

I like the idea of a new recipe challenge because I'm dreadful at sticking with what I know and should try some new things more often. I've just taken a roulade out of the oven. I've tried to make a chocolate one this time so I hope it works! I also have jelly setting in the fridge for a giant jaffa cake which luckily won't be around for long or I might eat it all. My youngest has got his sleepover party tomorrow so I think they'll pinch it all. Maybe not a bad thing as it saves me!

I love the idea of a get together, I'm not going to be skinny by then so can I be your fat friend? :p

Umm can't think what else to write. I've failed the exercise challenge completely I blame holiday and decorating and laziness.:eek: I've spent all week decorating and I've nearly finished hooray.:D I'm knackered! Laid a new floor today, nearly broke my arm and fingers in two seperate accidents so I'm typing one handed. Hope they're better in the morning but killing me now!

Have a truely fabulous weekend everyone and be good.:D

Hello everyone,was thrown out of routine having hair done.Had banana on toast instead of the weetabix this morning and had the weetabix about 2pm.Was going to sneak a sandwich,but told myself it was'nt worth it.Had 2 apples and finished the jelly off.Tea i had some quorn sausage carrot and swede mash and onion gravy,and put a splash of worcestershire sauce in the gravy,i enjoyed it.I have been having salad every night this week so it was a nice change.Walked another 20mins with the dog too.Hope everyone else is being good,till tomorrow :)

Laura, all that decorating you've been doing IS exercise! Not to mention laying a flipping floor :eek: And if you're knackered, then it was good exercise :D Well done you!

Back