QUEEN SIZE TO PRINCESS

Hey guys! I love the idea of a recipe challenge! im not a bad cook just a lazy one! currently cooking tomato pasta n sauce.... which although its free must not be that good for you! cooking 2 lots so i can have it for tomorrows lunch too! just got a new laptop so am happily typing away!
Is a giant jaffa cake free laura?

No unfortunately it isn't though I think I might have a go at making it less synful next time. I need to figure out how many syns tomorrow's will be.

Evening lovely ladies....how is everyone diddling then?

Well done on the losses ladies :happy036:Just remember -every step is 1 step closer to where we want to be "skinny-ville" :party0048:....

I did the coq au vin again today nomnomnom -there is half left to go in the freezer for next week ;). I can't wait for the new challenge -Im planning my next week (which starts on Sunday) and I have some new things in there again,,,, it really does help stop the boredom..
We nipped out earlier and so I picked up 2 800g packs of extra lean minced steak (I can feel meat balls coming on:p), 2 lean lamb steaks, some lean diced steak ...I managed to cram them in the freezer -just :8855:
So im pretty much set -can't get anything in the fridges either :eek:-we will never starve in this house :D

I have done 1hr 20mins on the wii and tomorrow we are getting up at 5am to get on the golf course before it gets busy.... I really enjoy walking round watching the deers, rabbits, squirrels play and the eagles soaring.... much better than hitting little white balls with a stick :8855: -so unless it is raining I will get 3hrs walking in ...
Weigh day on Sunday and I have loved my red week -I would have liked * week to hold off so i could see if there is much difference between Red and EE -but hey ho..Im thinking of sticking to Red days even if the weight loss is about the same as EE as Im really enjoying it...
Jaffa cakes :drool: -I used to love the bags of little ones from Lidl/Aldi mmmmmm -Its really mad -because I haven't had any choc/sweets/crisps etc for 7 weeks now -I can't actually remember what they taste like anymore :confused: -Im not complaining -it means I don't "know" what Im missing :8855:
right that is far too much :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:-I will get off and get some melon and pineapple..have a lovel night all

Hello folkd, not been on much this week so Im totally lsot as to where people are up to. Hope everyone is ok - will ahve an indepth read in a mo. Had such a good start to the day. Prepared Beef stew from the Extra Easy cookbook for m-i-l's birthday tea. Then the munchies hit me! No problem had an extra fibre plus bar, wrote my syns down and went to work with a spring in my step. Got to 10.30 and I was ready to go home. Had a teacher training day where we actually had time to get our work done instead of workshops. Had loads planned then computers broke down and my boss broke out the biscuits! It went down hill from there!
Not had such a fab week this week what with mega prawn cracker binge with my carefully chosen and syn counted chinese and then the biscuit munching episode! Never mind tomorrow is another day.
Failed the exercise challenge but will go for a walk tomorrow!

Just a quick one.

Well done everyone on their losses. Sian, try not to be too disappointed hun, you'll being so good I'm sure it''ll all catch up on the scales soon. Keep up the good work.

Capricorn, I'm thinking of sticking to Red days too. I have really enjoyed this week. Even my OH has asked whether I can stay on the red days for another week! Think he's enjoying all the meaty dinners. Saying that, I'm going to have a Green day tomorrow I think as we're having chinese tomorrow night with the football. So bring on the chow mein!

Hope you've all had a good day xx

Missed your post Tatws sorry.

We all have bad days hun where we go a little astray. The good intentions were there but then its a slippery slope!

I'm having chinese tomorrow night so will be avoiding the crackers like the plague!

Hello everyone

As you are my newfound SW pals I wondered if I could share something with you?

I have to go into hospital next week for a general anaesthetic (nothing serious, just routine) but I am absolutely terrified to be honest. I've had them before and they never used to bother me, but now I'm so big I'm quite convinced that I'm going to die on the table because I'm fat.

I know this probably sounds a bit melodramatic, but it really is a real fear I have. They do all the pre-op checks on you and stuff, and I presume that they wouldn't put me forward for it if I was likely to die, but then they do say that you have an "increased risk" due to your weight, but on the plus side it's only a short procedure so they shouldn't have to use much anaesthesia.

It's probably very irrational, but the reason I'm having the op is because I can't cope with the pain of having this gynaecological thing done without it.. and I keep thinking what if I get punished by the universe for being a coward about it and end up dying as result?

Oh dear, I probably sound like a raving loony now and I don't mean to.. but its nice to be able to share this as I don't think anyone really understands why I'm so scared.

Helen

hi all,well done u guys that have lost since i last spoke.i have a grt way to make a lo cal very healthy meal and it uses up the rest of sunday nights chicken:D
ok so well know we dont use the whole chicken so stick the carcus in a big pan and biol/simmer for an hour or two,then sieve the liquid and remove the bones and nast fatty skin bits etc,so now you have a lovely chicken stock in a pan with shredded chickenny goodness,add to it a can of sweetcorn and half pack of them super noodles with the chicken flavouring,then add chicken stock cubes to taste,after the long boil the other preparing takes no time at all and i usually eat for dinner and the next 2 days from it at virtually no points value.its gorgeous guy i really hope you try it out and with a crusty piece of bread and butter (maybe as a syn)its brill when losing weight

hope all ur days have been good and i hope tomorrow is as good

WE CAN DO THIS!! XX:D;)

Weewee - that sounds lovely! I'm making something similar this weekend - chicken and sweetcorn soup (like from the chinese) but syn free, mmmmm!!! :D

Random observation of the night - I've just looked at myself in the mirror and I appear to have one less double chin. Yay!

Sian xxx

Pinksparlybirdy you will be fine, ask lots of questions at your pre-op and put your mind at rest. Everyone is nervous before an op but if you need this op to improve your quality of life imagine how good you will feel having the op and then losing your weight. I had my appendix out at 17 1/2 stone in a general (1st) and then was 19 st 2lb when I had my c-section. They were with in 5 months of each other too.
Have fingers crossed for you and I know you will be fine.

Sian I look forward to losing one of mine!!!

Evening everyone

Hope everyone is having a good day. So much to catch up! will get said notepad out tomorrow and do it properly! I think were all set for a "try something(s) new" challenge!

Corsacar! good to hear things have been bit more settled for you. I hate them weeks when everything is mad! missed you on here :wave_cry:! good to have youbacK!

Helen, i understand exactly where you are coming from and why you are terrified. I would love to have baby in near future and the thought of a csection terrifies me. But being a nurse, i think that whilst you are more at risk due to weight, you are also given a whole load of extra precautions from the operating team. If that makes any sense. Its actually more dangerous to be very underweight and going through surgery than overweight. You will be absolutley fine, i know that wont stop you worrying about it, cos it doesnt stop me worrying, but having seen lots of patients go down to theatre (lots weighing more than you) and come back safe and well, i am reassured that you really will be fine hun. The best thing to do is relax, and try and do some meditation regularly before op and then use them techniques while your in theatre. Sounds really weird, but it will keep your heart rate and bp down! xx

i want to be a chinless wonder too please! tee hee, sian your hilarious, you always make me smile!

Ps. WELL DONE to all those losers! fabulous losses ladies! xx

Losc - would rather have a c-section than my appendix out again!! Never felt pain like that!

Tatws, Ha ha, i believe you! although the thought of c section terrifies me, it really does, i kinda think that at least you have baby very soon, rather than be in labour for 40 hours! But it still scares the s*&t out of me!!! xxx

Sarah was breech and due to my size the midwives and medical students used to play "Can I tell the baby's a*** from its head" at least 3 times a day as she squirmed so often and I was "plump" to say the least! The thought of giving birth scared me too. C section it was and happy ever after.

ah, well its nice to hear that it was a nice experience for you hun. cos my weight did make me worry about a c section.my mum keeps trying to kid me up that she was sipping on chilled pineapple juice right throughout her labours and relaxing and didnt feel anything. not believeing her!!! I just think tho, there will be no need for me to gain much weight when i get preggy so the more i lose now the better, but even if it happened sooner rather than later, i can still be lighter full term than i have been at my heaviest and not pregnant!!! xx

Hello everyone

As you are my newfound SW pals I wondered if I could share something with you?

I have to go into hospital next week for a general anaesthetic (nothing serious, just routine) but I am absolutely terrified to be honest. I've had them before and they never used to bother me, but now I'm so big I'm quite convinced that I'm going to die on the table because I'm fat.

I know this probably sounds a bit melodramatic, but it really is a real fear I have. They do all the pre-op checks on you and stuff, and I presume that they wouldn't put me forward for it if I was likely to die, but then they do say that you have an "increased risk" due to your weight, but on the plus side it's only a short procedure so they shouldn't have to use much anaesthesia.

It's probably very irrational, but the reason I'm having the op is because I can't cope with the pain of having this gynaecological thing done without it.. and I keep thinking what if I get punished by the universe for being a coward about it and end up dying as result?

Oh dear, I probably sound like a raving loony now and I don't mean to.. but its nice to be able to share this as I don't think anyone really understands why I'm so scared.

Helen

Hey Helen, I'm sorry you're so scared, I understand your fear but as the others have said you will be fine I'm sure. In my experience it actually helps to be over weight because they keep such a close eye on you. I know it's embarrassing but talk to the anaesthetist(sp?) when they do your pre-op, explain how scared you are and make sure he/she understands your fear.

I don't know what you're having done but could you have a spinal instead? At xmas I needed an operation and even without the added weight issue I knew it might be a problem. I had a bad reaction to anasthetic (sp!?) years ago (but it's rare so don't worry about that bit!). I spoke to the anaesthetist about my concerns, I also have sleep apnoea which doesn't help, I felt a little silly crying to her about how scared I was but I'm glad I did because she took me seriously. She gave me a spinal instead even though it was difficult to actually find my spine under all the fat! I know I'd have probably been fine under their watchful eyes but I felt better staying awake. Of course that may not be possible with what you're having done but thought I'd mention it just in case.

Trust the doctors, if they felt your weight was dangerous they would not offer an op unless it was life threatening. I know from experience that they won't do routine/unnecessary op's on people they are concerned about so take it as a positive that they believe everything will be fine.:)

Best wishes to you. x

Back