QUEEN SIZE TO PRINCESS

What a brilliant way to visualise of how much I've lost!!!! Thanks Sian

England already scored 1st goal,keep it up boys!!!

I feel SO sorry for our goalie. If i was him I'd just take to my bed and cry for the next 2 weeks! :(

not the best result in S.A. tonihgt but not the worst.i hope everyones had a good day,i have,welcome spanx,MORE TOMORROW IM TIRED WE CAN DO THIS!! XX

Goooooood morning lovely ladies -heck its nippy out there at the moment :winter_brr:....Im glad Im not plan on venturing out today..
Dudette -that is a brilliant way to visualise the weight you have lost, makes you realise just how much it actually is ....well done :D

Well -the good news is that I have lost 3lb this week :wee: -so I got my 2st and 10% badges online .... Im more than happy with my red week-especially as its *week :eek:
So Im planning another red week-with a couple of new recipes for the new challenge ;)

Hubby is nipping golfing in a moment -so Im going to meal plan and then -hopefully get on with some sewing...oh and some wii of course ;)
Dinner tonight is set to be roast beef 1/2 an 8" home made yorkshire pud (4.5) 198g steamed potatoes and veggies mmmmmmmmmmm

Rigth Im off to catch up and then do my porridge -with sliced banana and mixed berries nomnomnom and then I will sort out my meal plan :p
Have a great day everyone and good luck to anyone weighing in :D

Morning all!! It's a glorious morning here in Haverfordwest! Makes a bloomin change! :D

Capricorn - that's a fabulous weight loss!!! :D Well done you! And now you have two new shiny stickers for your signature, woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! Lol! What kind of meals have you been having on your Red days? I really like the thought of red days, but I just can't afford to eat all that meat.

Have we decided on the finer points of our next challenge? Are we having a certain number of new recipes we should try, or just make sure we do try new recipes? Despite suggesting it I'm going to struggle with this challenge as I'm such a boooooooooooring cook, lol! :8855: It'll be good for me to try new recipes :)

Sian xxx

Morning all.:)
Dudette i love it down your way haverfordwest and broad haven.:D.we have stayed in log cabins just by broad haven.
well done capricorn with your loss and getting a new shiny:D:D thats great.
I have stayed the same this week,i have been good and stuck to it,my *week is late and i have felt so full and bloated all week,oh well lets see what happens next week.
have a good day all.:D:Dxx

Thanks Folks:D
SurreyGal -I bet your scales are kinder next week -the bleepin * week has a lot to answer for doesn't it!!!

Sian-its really odd as I don't find eating meat as expensive as doing veggie meals :confused:-plus I don't feel like Im missing out on something, get bored and end up buying a "treat"....ooohh and I find meat protein keeps me full longer so I don't eat as much of it and I don't need something "extra" later :p
This week our main meals have been
  • roast chicken dinner -the leftovers did a roast chicken salad and a couple of lunches
  • cardamom chicken -needs a tweak next time ;) -should be made with drumsticks
  • cantonese pork in sweet chilli sauce - just 2 thin pork steaks each -but it was a bit too much -you could get ready sliced pork for stir fries
  • coq au vin -again supposed to be made with chicken thigh fillets
  • meatballs -only 400g minced steak and it makes 4 portions
  • Thai steamed salmon
I must admit tend to use chicken breasts instead of thighs/drumsticks -but that is down (in part) to them being easier to get here -although I did spot thigh fillets in the NAAFI the other day :D
I know you have limited storage/freezer space -so if you got the mince -say a normal pack of minced pork you could do the :-
  • indian curried pork patties for dinner -with half a pack and if you stick extra veggies in you would have enough to make a packed lunch say with salad or in a pitta with salad
  • the other half you could make twist on cottage/shepperds pie, bolognaise etc
Things like braising/stewing steak are relatively cheap and as long as they are cooked long and slow you can curry them or casserole them...
Today we are having roast beef -its brisket -which is one of the cheapest cuts you can get and its the only beef joint I buy -its yummy asa long as its cooked right ;)-I don't rate other beef joints :p
I think if I was to do many green days (not done one yet) -I would have to rely on potatoes/pasta too much and I know they hold my weight :eek: -not bad to say I was veggie for 4 years and vegan for 2 years many moons ago :8855:
Do you want me to have a rummage through my cook books whilst Im doing my meal plan and see if I can spot any ecaonomical meat days?

Capricorn - your meals sound lovely! Nom nom :drool: Lol! It's making me feel hungry...must tidy bedroom before food, arghhh!

If it's not too much trouble for you to have a quick look as you go through that would be great! My mum made me very jealous by saying that they were having roast beef for dinner today. Jealous muchos! :)

Surreygal - a sts with impending * week is very respectable! I finally wised up to the fact yesterday that a sts or a loss are definitely better than a gain! I'm sure the weight will drop off you next week hun :)

Sian xxx

Morning one and all

Firstly well done Capricorn on your great loss - bet you are buzzing today! :p And Surrey Girl despite your STS you seem to have a nice positive attitude to it, so I'm sure you will be fine for the next week.

I have had a very domestic morning, defrosting the freezer, descaling the kettle and getting some washing on... What an exciting life I lead!

I'm back on EE today after a couple of Red Days - missing my extra HEX's, but never mind. I'm going to cook a pasta bake for my dinner later - I will have one portion for dinner tonight, and then take the rest as lunches during the week - I did that last week with my SW lasagne and it worked really well doing that as I find it a faff to have think about what to have for lunch all week.

Good luck to everyone else today.

Helen x

Afternoon all - hope that I can join you - Capricorn kindly extended an invitation.

I started my dieting life at a whopping 27 stone 13 last January - one eighteen months on and I have shifted 7 1/2 stone but there is clearly still a long way to go!

The first stone went on its own but 6 1/2 have gone by following the EE plan so I can recommend it ) ebven though some weeks have not gone to plan iykwim!)

I am a teacher and so have to plan what I eat at work - however I am reaching a plateau and need some variety to keep my interest. Any kind of challenges sound good.

I am also looking forward to the support that you all seem to be giving each other.

Ninno x

Hi all! :)

Helen - I'm the same as you! I really can't be bothered to think about lunches for the week, so I make something like bolognese (or the pork and smoked paprika ragu that I've made today) and take that for my lunches. I find it easier with all my lesson planning and marking to do that.

Like you I've had a bit of a domestic morning - I've spring cleaned my bedroom from top to bottom, sorted out the 10 months worth of crap and paperwork that's accumulated and done some ironing. That was a shock to the system! :8855:

Only reports left to do now, booooooooooooooooooooooring! :8855:

Sian xxx

Hi all and thanks for the very warm welcome!

Well, I've had a nightmare weekend SW wise, but the difference is, I'd planned for it - so now I'm going to have a completely syn-free week to make up for it!

It was my sister's 40th birthday bash, combined with an England match BBQ. Had a lovely time and decided to use all my syns for the week so that I didn't have to worry about it while I was there. I also drank wine instead of beer and swapped to a red day so that I could make the most of the BBQ! Here are the syns I had - do you think they look about right?

1 sausage - 4
1 Moroccan chickpea burger - 6
3 tbp coleslaw - 6
2 tbsp hummus - 6
1 large slice chocolate cake(!!!) - 12
3 large glasses of wine - 24
1 small croissant with 1 tbsp jam - 12
Half a pain au chocolat - 8

I have now made a big pot of syn free veggie curry and another of syn free quorn bolognaise, which I will freeze in portions to last me all week.

Regarding the EE, I've read the booklet, as I borrowed it off my sister. It looks really easy to follow, but it implies that the weight-loss is slower if you follow the EE plan - is that true?

Morning all!! It's a glorious morning here in Haverfordwest! Makes a bloomin change! :D

Capricorn - that's a fabulous weight loss!!! :D Well done you! And now you have two new shiny stickers for your signature, woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! Lol! What kind of meals have you been having on your Red days? I really like the thought of red days, but I just can't afford to eat all that meat.

Have we decided on the finer points of our next challenge? Are we having a certain number of new recipes we should try, or just make sure we do try new recipes? Despite suggesting it I'm going to struggle with this challenge as I'm such a boooooooooooring cook, lol! :8855: It'll be good for me to try new recipes :)

Sian xxx

A challenge about trying new recipes sounds great - it's one of the things I find really difficult to do, as with limited time for cooking it's really easy to rely on a few staple meals! Having a challenge to do would push me into trying some new foods!

Hey! That pork and paprika sounds really nice.. how do you make it sian? i'd had a long hard day at work today up since 5 so am thinking i may give exercise a miss today! :whacky068:

I have never actually done a whole week of red days! so maybe i should... i nearly always do loads of green days with one or 2 red days i never really think about it too much cos i have already prefered pasta and rice etc rather than meat as i think i just can't digest red meat thou I love chicken! But your meals sound really ice capricorn

A friend of mine did slimming world too and i can remeber she never did red days but it was really bad for her health and she fainted like 4 times... so now she does extra easy all the time and it works for her, wish i could do extra easy but i always sts on weeks i do it!

Everyone is doing well on losses.. i din't get weighed this week cos our consultant is on holidays and the guy covering it is not nice so i'm on holiday too! thou that doesn't mean im taking it easy!

Does anyone know how to make free custard? Or does such a thing even exist? x

Hi there!

Spanx - you still have 29 syns by my counting, so I wouldn't have completely syns free days. When's your weigh in hun? I'd try to have 5 per day until then. You won't feel so deprived then! :)

Regarding EE - well I've lost 15lb in the last 7 weeks, but only 0.5lb each week for the past couple (* week was on it's way). I don't know yet whether it's due to the EE plan, or due to * week, so I've decided to have another week of purely EE to see what my weight loss is like this week. I think my problem has been not sticking to the 1/3 superfree over the last couple of week (got a bit lax really) so I'm upping my superfree intake in the hope of it shifting the weight. I actually had 2 or 3 green days last week and still noly lost 0.5lb, so I don't think it was the EE plan that was to blame. I'm not sure if this makes any sense, I hope it does though :)

Sian xxx

Dag - it's a variation on the Penne with rich pork and tomato ragu from the EE cookbook:

Here's the recipe:

Sian's pork and smoked paprika ragu

2 onions peeled and finely chopped (I'm an onion monster :D)
1/2 tsp garlic granules (you could use fresh garlic though, but I didn't have any)
2tbsp smoked paprika
1 pack of lean pork mince
Mushrooms (I didn't weight, but as many as you want)
Peppers - small red, yellow and orange pepper
3 fresh plum tomatoes roughly chopped
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 box of passata
1 beef oxo cube
Splash of balsamic vinegar
Splash of worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper (to taste)

Method:

1. Dry fry the onion and mushrooms with a little water until translucent
2. Add the pork mince and cook until browned
3. Drain the liquid into a gravy separator (optional), or tip away to remove fat
4. Add the oxo cube, garlic, smoked paprika, passata, chopped tomatoes, peppers, balsamic vinegar, worcetershire sauce and salt and pepper
5. Cook until the sauce has reduced to a thick consistency (took about 40 minutes for me at a rolling boil)

I think that's what I did anyway...I tend to just chuck things in, lol! :8855:

2 tbsp of smoked paprika is quite a lot, so you could reduce the amount if you wanted to. It's all to taste really! :)

Sian xxx

EDIT: I forgot about the 3 fresh plum tomatoes that I chopped and added. Doh!

Last edited:
Afternoon all

Ninno -:welcome:-glad you found us :DIm sure everyone will make you really welcome.

Dag-Im a bugger for chicken too -I go through the recipe books and I always "ooohh and ahhhh" at the chicken ones :p. When I do red meat I don't need much -things like mince Im ok with -but actual beef like we have just had I only have 1 slice...I to find it sits heavy on me...

Spanx -well done on keeping track when faced with such temptation :clap:..

Sian -im still going through my recipes... I WILL have my meal plan done before the F1 finishes :p ...there are quite a few recipes that might be of use.... I will list them and then if any appeal I will do you the recipes ;)

We have had our dinner -twas lovely -the yorky pud in particular "hit the spot"..ooohh and I made some pots of jellie with berries in and then when that was set I did a jelly with half the water and added some fromage frais and poured it on top and left to set -they are lovely and refreshing ...

Right Im off to finish my meal plan and watch the grand prix..... have a great afternoon all :D

Hi!

Ninno - I'm so sorry hun, didn't notice you there! Welcome to our team, yay! You're in fine company here :) Ooo, another teacher - Tatws and I are also teachers. What do you teach? Good luck with your weight loss hun, we're here for all the support you need :)

Sian xxx

Back