QUEEN SIZE TO PRINCESS

Good evening ladies!

I've had a good day today although I have eaten more than what I've done for the past few days, going to write here what I've had and would appreciate feedback on that.

Breakfast: Lots of gala melon

Snack: Mug shot, sweet and sour one, Kellogs fibre plus bar (HEX B)

Lunch: Boiled white rice with chick pea dahl

Coffee made with Semi Skimmed Milk (HEX A) and spelnda

Dinner: Quorn peppered beef slices in 3 slices of WW wholemeal bread (HEX B)with tomatos and extra light mayonnaise (2 syns)

Desert: 1 meringue (2.5 syns), fat free strawberry yoghurt, strawberries and splenda with an alpen light bar broken up on top (3 Syns) and a tiny squirt of squirty cream (4 syns to be safe)

Snack: Gala Melon and Pinneaple

Hubby is snoring away and I'm trying to resist the temptation to go down stairs to clean, thats what I normally do, cant get so much more done when all the kids are sleeping but it's becomming a bit much lately.

Hope you all have a lovely evening and another great slimming day tomorrow xxx

Morning Ladies!
i'm late in getting ready for work! just wanted to po on and tell you all i lost 3 lbs last night :) i was ecstatic!
a biiiiig well done to all the other monday weighers!
will pop back tonight, have a good day everyone!
xxx

Hi all,
Joined slimming world 6 weeks ago, but hurt my back decorating so have not been to class for two weeks. Looked on net for slimming forum and found you lovely lot lol so thinking of sacking in club and going it alone with this site.
Lost half stone but got another stone and half to go!

Congratulations Corsacar, 3lbs is fab.:D

Alia your food looks great it doesn't seem excessive to me, all good stuff.

Karen and Spanx, you haven't made chips!? Wow I thought they'd be a staple for a lot of people. I love my SW chips and do green days just so I can have them. I need to get organised and peel a ton of potato's, boil then freeze them so I can just cook them from frozen. Will make it quicker in the long run. My mum has some of those microwave boil bag things and she does her potatos in there for 2 mins in the microwave and then in the oven, much easier I imagine so I'll grab some next time I'm in Asda and try it.

I've had a really crap morning and it's not even 10 yet. Woke up down, had a go at Matt just because I'm nasty and do that which now makes me feel worse. I'm horrible.:cry:Not at the gym like I should be, Capricorn I think you're going to have to kick me much harder! Told the boys I'd take them swimming after school so I'll get a few lengths in then before weigh in. I have a feeling my WI isn't going to be great but I don't know why. Probably just because of my general bad mood. Need to sort myself out or I'll lose the whole day.

Struggling a lot with my emotions at the moment, I can feel the depression creeping up on me but I've held it off a few weeks with just a few bad days. Think I'm only managing because I'm too scared I'll go off the plan if I get really low. It's working at the moment to hold it off but who knows how much longer I'll manage it. Depression is worse than being the size of an elephant!

Sorry, that's not very uplifting for everyone to read is it. Arghhh will hold myself together whatever it takes!

On a good note I managed to drive past McDonalds without stopping this morning. Normally it's the first thing I do when I feel like this, a double sausage and egg mcmuffin would have gone down nicely. Damn I miss those. It's been nearly 4 months since I stopped eating 2 every day for breakfast.:eek: Haha and I wonder how I got this fat!

Anyway, enough of my ranting and raving. Off to dye my hair which will hopefully make me feel a little better.

Hope everyone has a great day.:)

Hi Laura,

Rant away - I find that's one of the benefits of this forum, that we can have a good rant to people who know exactly what we're ranting about!

I have been reading the Paul McKenna book, and listening to the CD to try and keep me on the straight and narrow. He has some great tips for controlling emotional eating and revving up your motivation - have you seen/read it? If not, it might be worth a look.

Re SW chips, I'm ashamed to say I've always been too lazy - they look a bit of a faff and McCain's oven chips aren't that high in syns, so I usually have a few of those if I'm desperate for chips. I'd never thought of preparing them and then freezing them - sounds like a good plan! Also never heard of a microwave boil bag - how does that work?

Hope your day improves - and well done for avoiding the evil yellow arches!

morning all:)
well done corsacar with your loss thats great:D.
good luck to anyone else who is wi today.
well i have avoided "starvin marvin" like the plague :eek: he hasn't turned up here :giggle:
and if he does i will:asskick:.
welcome to patsy101 i'm sure you will find this group motivating and inspiring and good luck with your weight loss.
I've made the sw chips and they are really nice,i had them last night with an omlette and salad,my son loves them.:D

laura sorry your feeling down this morning,emotions,hormones who wants em hey.well done you for driving past macdonalds,your not alone there i would of been straight in there to if i wasnt on sw and i was feeling down,i used to be a comfort eater,ohhh i'm impressed i said used,also a big well done to your loss already that is brilliant,i have read a lot of your posts and find them very inspiring.:).
cup of tea time i think and i need to find my three recipes.
okey cokeys
have a good day all.xx:D

Morning all

Hello Patsy :welcome:
Corsacar..you can't just mutter " I lost 3lb" :eek:.... it has to be big n bright
What you mean is....." You lost 3 lbs" :bliss::happy036::woohoo::party0011:
Well done Mrs.....:p
Alia.... are there veggies in the chickpea dahl? I was just wondering if you are getting enough veggies ?(mind it is only one days meals) oohh and "how tiny is your dinner" :eek:....
Karen -I have never tried the SW chips either ;)...although probably my least fave way of eating potatoes is chippies :D ...unless you count the ones that the chippy used to do where we used to live -they cooked them in good old dripping mmmmmmmmm-they were divine:p luckily we only went about 4 times in 3 years.
Good luck with the weigh in
weewee -hope you have a brighter day today..you don't seem to each much either :confused:...it must just be me :8855:
Righty ho -Lovely Laura.... you must be kind to yourself -especially if you have depression lurking... been there done that and got the tee-shirt...its a complete bummer. (pinkies crossed I have been free of it for the last 10years -since I met hubby ;)).... make sure you get plenty of bright colours in your meals.. wear pretty bright colours, listen to uplifting music and most importantly .... pamper yourself...
Well done on ignoring McDonalds :D -eating beige stodgy food will make you feel worse..so well done...
and rant away...thats why we are all here
Spanx -I had the "I can make you thin" cd/book a while ago -and I still think that has made a difference to the way I think....
Surreygal -glad you have avoided "marvin" :8855:...but where is he now then? :eek:
rigth off to make lunch ... I have one of those burgers left from last night -will have it with salad and then dinner is coq au vin (frozen from last week) with potatoes n veggies:D
have a great day everyone...
sorry if I have missed anyone :eek:

:D Good Morning Lovelies, loads of posts to catch up on! better get myself a nice chilled water for the journey!

It is such a lovely day in sunny liverpool today, the fact that i am off work makes it even more glorious! :cool:

:chores016:I am cooking the first of my three try something news as we speak. I have gone for the chicken sweetcorn soup.:eat: I have done it a bit different though (used to make it all the time even when not on sw) I have boiled a carcus with some bay leaves, whole peppercorns, few herbs etc, and i will then drain it and add the little bits of chicken, sweetcorn, and im going to whirl an egg white in to it! So i will try and post a piccy later.

:party0011::party0011:Corsacar, :p WELL DONE :p 3lbs is a great loss! You are well on your way hun! Well done to anyone else that has had weigh in that i may have missed, im sorry, its hard to keep up!

Alia, your meal plan looks great. You dont eat much for lunch hun, i could not survive on a mug shot! Maybe bulk it out with a salad or some veggies, great way of getting some more superfrees in. But otherwise it looks fine, i love the chickpea dahl.

Lovelylaura, im sorry to hear you are feeling low today, As capricorn said, you must be kind to yourself. Dont beat yourself up, you are human. I know its prob not what you want to hear, but the worst thing you can do if your feeling low is fall off the wagon, it will make you feel worse, once the pleasure of the food has gone. I have done it myself hun. I really hope you enjoy your swim, and good luck for WI.

Okey dokey ladies, off to catch up on other posts. xx

Ps. Marvin is not with me, he is NOT WELCOME. SO STAY AWAY MARVIN!!!

Thanks everyone, I've taken your advice and did my hair and nails. I've got a bright turquoise t-shirt on though waiting for the trousers to finish in the wash so naked other than that.:p My hair didn't go well, I've been dyeing my hair for years and years without a problem but today it's gone wrong lol. I'm sure the universe is against me. I now look like a witch! Hmm hair tied back today I think! I'll wash it over and over later and try and get some of the colour out. Maybe the chlorine will turn it green, it would be an improvement! Oh well atleast my hair's as dark as my mood.:8855:

The microwave boil bags are apparently a god send. I bought mum some after I heard about them on here because she struggles with food at work. You can cook everything in them, she does fish and chicken etc raw to cooked in a few minutes. You don't have to add water or anything and best of all she's found they're reusable so very cheap too. Cookies Detecting! Hmm link says cookies detecting, don't know what that means it's only a link to Asda!

Going shopping after WI tonight because my fridge is empty. How did that happen? *whistles innocently* I'll plan my week now though I never stick to it and will add some new recipes in.

Good morning every one :flirt2::flirt2: , well its nearly afternoon! First chance I've had to get on here today - managed to get all the housework done, mind you I did most of it at 3 o'clock this morning so there wasn't a huge amount to do. I'm sat here with my first coffee of the day and having 5 minutes while I wait for the washing machine to finish. I'm still in agony with my back but I'm trying as best as I can to work through it - I've got way too much to do and don't have the time to sit down and wallow in self pity. Must admit things are taking that bit longer and as of yet it does n't seem to be getting any better.

It's really sunny here today but its bloody cold, its quite windy so at least I'll get my washing dry.

I had a quick peep of the scales this morning and it said I'd put a pound on!! I'm sure this can't be the case as up till now I've had a 100% week and god help the scales at group if they show a gain, I'll make sure I pack a hammer in my handbag to sort them out if they do :p

Corsa :happy096: well done on your fab weightloss, 3lb is great, I hope I do as well this week.

Laura Go you!!! :cool: Those Mcdonalds signs are awful, they should n't be allowed to advertise the fact that there is a Mc Ds there at all - I have to suffer the pain every few days as I have a very fussy 2 year old that loves their chips and every time we drive past he starts screaming for chippies and I've not yet caved in since I started the plan - have had the odd fruit bag but not even pinched one of Haydar's chips! Sorry to hear that your not having a good day and are feeling down. We all have days like that and thats what we are all here for to help and support in any way that we can.

Good Morning Patsy :wavey: I sympathise with the bad back - I managed to slide off a chair onto a marble floor about 12 days ago, landed right on my tail bone and it seems to be getting worse rather than better - with that on top of my 'normal' aches and pains its making me rather miserable. So glad you found us, the people here are lovely and are a wealth of knowledge and support so keep posting, it will deffinately help wether you decide to continue going to group or go for it alone.

Spanx I understand the 'lazy' part of not having made SW chips - I've made them once and they were such a disaster I've not really tried since. Having said that chips were never an issue with me, can take or leave them so I don't feel I've missed out by not having them on my plan.

Capricorn I dont think there are veggies in it :rolleyes: Veggies are always a problem for me, not cause I dont like them but just cause I find them rather bland and I'm too lazy to make the effort and find out how I can spice them up a bit - the most I manage to do is get one of those microwaves packs from the supermarket and shove them in for a few minutes - usually something like brocolli, carrots and cauliflower in the packs. I really need a boot up the bum to get more veggies in, I'm going to head off to Asda after I've dropped the little one at nursery and have a scout around the veg aisle to see what I can find. :wave_cry:

Just a quick post, to warn people that Starvin Marvin is on the move and looking for somewhere to stay.

He's been with me for the past few days but finally managed to get rid of him today! yay!

Lock your doors and windows.

Well done on your loss corsacar, you're doing brilliantly xx

Last edited:
Just a quick post, to warn people that Starvin Marvin is on the move and looking for somewhere to stay.

He's been with me for the past few days but finally managed to get rid of him today! yay!

Lock your doors and windows.

Well done on your loss corsacar, you're doing brilliantl xx

in that case I'm moving house! :8855:

Afternoon all!! Long time no speak! :D

Firstly, congrats to all those who've had losses over the last couple of day! You big losers! :p

I've been up to my neck in form tutor reports the last couple of days - they were due to be handed to me (complete) by last Friday, and I'm still waiting for people to write/correct reports, arghhh!

WARNING, TMI COMING UP!!!!!

I have a quick question. I had * week last week, and it lasted for about 4 days, which is short for me. It stopped, and I thought to myself, woopee, but after 3 or 4 days without it it's started again?? I've been having * week for about 14 years now, and this has never happened. I'm a bit worried about why it's suddenly done this this week :cry: I've never been regular as such, but usually have one about every 6-8 weeks for about 7 days! There's def no chance I could be pregnant, and I'm not on any b/c (no bloody need :8855:)

Anybody have any ideas why this might be the case?

Sian xxx

Hello all

Just thought I would let you know that I survived my anaesthetic - still at hospital at the mo

I will have to call today a flexi syn day though as I had to have my dinner here and it was a cheese sandwich and allsorts. Yum though!

:confused:hi all well as the smiley tells u i was confused but now im not,i realise starvin marvin has attached himself to me yesterday and today:sigh: i made the mistake of not having at least two days worth of planned meals in diary so ive been sitting down and writing a few.had a bike ride today and done a spring clean so got a bit of exercise:)
i hope ur all doing well and to anyone who has lost weight this week congrats,im gonna have to behave on the food if im to garauntee the loss on 30th.
i have a headache so not gonna stay online im making a stew too for tomorrow nights dinner(i think they taste better the day after)
AND AS FOR STARVIN MARVIN,''YES,YOU MISTER!YOU CAN SOD OFF COS IM NOT YOUR FREIND AND NOBODY ELSE WANTS YOU EITHER:8855:BECAUSE WE CAN DO THIS!! XX:D

Pinksparklybird, woohoo all is well.:D So pleased you're okay and hope you're out of hospital soon.

Sian, I don't have any answers for you I'm afraid my period is all over the place but I do sometimes have what you've described. Hasn't done me any harm. *runs around screaming* See how long it lasts and if it concerns you go to the GP but I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. One of the joys of womanhood.:rolleyes:

Oh that reminds me, I got an appointment through for the gyno appointment didn't take long at all thank goodness!

Weewee poor you having Marvin over for a visit, I hope he gets bored pretty quickly but please don't sent him my way.:eek:

Well we went swimming and it perked me up quite a bit so I figure I've just been missing my exercise so I'm back on the gym wagon tomorrow however crap I feel. Lost 4lbs this week which is great, got a shiny which always cheers me up a bit. Thanks for the support earlier feel a bit better at the moment so perhaps the dreaded depression cloud has flown away for a while longer. Yipee.

Sian Im guessing it the stress of form reports!!!

Hiya!

Helen - so glad you're ok hun! :D Glad the operation went well :)

Laura - think I'll see whether it happens again next time, and maybe go to the GP if it does. Put my mind at rest!

Tatws - it could well be the stress of reports. They've been giving me a proper mare today! I don't deal well with incompetence ;)

Weewee - noooooooooooooo, not starvin marvin!!! You gotta kick him to the kerb lady! Though don't send him in my direction! :8855: I've just eaten a bag of Maltesers (37g - not family size :8855:) and I can't have any more syns today, lol! Maybe Marvin will realise eventually that he's not welcome around these parts :D

Sian xxx

Evening ladies

Well Im nik nak nooed... hubby finished work at 3pm -so we wound up at the golf course from 3:45 -6pm -on to the shopping.... got it done packed it away etc and sat down to eat at 8pm (after refusing a "takeout" that hubby suggested to "let me just chill out when we got back" :D).... and then for some reason we ended up playing wii tennis against each other :confused:
So today I have done 2hrs 15mins walking and 50mins wii..and used 5.5syns....
Pinksparkly -glad you are ok...
Sian -sorry I can't help with your problem ..Im always all over the place too -but luckily I don't suffer as such -just 2 days before I drop asleep on the sofa and I get a knot in the back of my left shoulder:confused::8855:
It could well be that your change in diet/exercise and the weight you have lost are affecting you.... but if it carries on I would get checked out -just to be safe...
Cracking loss Laura :bunnydance: -well done..glad you are feeling a litle brighter
Alia... what about stir frying veggies -dead quick, loads of flavour(especially if you add free sauces etc) and really good for you. Believe it or not -I can't go 1 day without having lots of veg n fruit I feel lousy almost straight away
Oh and before I go to bed I want it known that "starvin Marvin" isn't allowed back here... the border crossing folks have been instructed to stop him :p
Hope everyone is ok.....

Sleep well everyone -thats another day done :D

Evening all!

Can you tell I'm avoiding writing reports?! I'm like a Jack in the box tonight!

Just a quick update on the 'trying new meals' challenge. So far I've made 2 out of my 3 new dishes:

1. Egg, chip and pepper bake (which was lovely but nearly made me lose the will to live as it took about an hour to cook the chips :cry:)
2. Tuna fishcakes - I added sweetcorn and spring onion to them, and they were very nice. A little bit dry, so next time I'll add some milk or water to the potatoes :)

Only one to go, wooo!

Sian xxx

Back