QUEEN SIZE TO PRINCESS

Hey everyone!

Sorry been missing in action for a few days!

I can't remember all thats been going on! So well done for the losses! Hope the holiday people had a lovely time!

I had a little question for you all?

Do you think eating too much fruit could be detrimental? Today I have had an apple, a banana, grapes, strawberry and pineapple fruit salad?

I am enjoying it, but worried as I have heard eating a banana a day can hold your weight? and also I am aware fruit has a lot of sugar- could I be doing more harm than good?

Just wanted you lovely ladies opinions?!

I had a crap weekend, my OH's friend was visiting and they literally sat in front of the ps3 for 14 hours, so I ate chocolate and bread because I was bored and lonely (I feel like I have lost my arm when we aren't together.. sad I know!)

But I have had a good talk with myself and a kick up the arse.

What do I want more.. to be slim.. or eat the chocolate that will make me feel rubbish after? I WANT TO BE SLIM! If I had got a grip I would have lost 20 lbs in ten weeks rather than 10!

So no more. All I am going is letting myself down.

Anyway, any advice on the fruit question would be great!!

xxx

Fruit is good! Pick S or SS ones like strawberries and melon and I really don't think you can go wrong. It's a speed food for a reason. Even with the sugar it's very low in calories. Most days I eat about a punnet of strawberries, don't think it's doing me much harm.:D

Evening ladies! :)

Hope everybody's well!

Kasia - sound slike you had a fabulous time at the wedding hun! And all that body magic definitely won't hurt! :D:D Try not to worry about how many syns you would have had at the BBQ - even while we're on a "diet" we have to have a life! As long as you enjoyed, that's the important thing :)

Chelle and Never22 - well done on the fabulous losses ladies!!! :bliss:

Chelle - 6lb loss?!?!!?!?! You're on fire lady!! :D

Bev - hope you enjoy your green days hun! I've had a few green days over the last couple of weeks - it feels really indulgent having 2 x HexA and B! :) Although I think there's serious potential for me to overload on carbs and soft cheese if I did Green days all the time. Not good! :)

As for me...I'm feeling tired and a bit low tonight. I think I might have a cold coming on, so I'm finding it hard to concentrate on my work :sigh: And I'm getting annoyed with friends inviting me on big nights out when they know I'm following SW, and just can't keep drinking like a fish all the time!! Arghhhhh!! It's nice that they ask me to do loads of stuff, but they drink like fishes so staying sober just wouldn't be an option! It's best to just not go rather than end up putting loads of weight on. But that makes me feel like a grumpy mare, and I start resenting SW, which I don't want to do because it's finally helping me lose the weight. Oh well, rant over!! I'll get over it I'm sure! :D

xxx

Sian, couldn't you go and pretend you're drinking vodka and diet coke? That's what I did on that hen party, I had a couple of real then pretended.;) My half pound gain that week wasn't down to alcohol but the 2 portions of chicken and chips I ate after....:rolleyes:

I don't think it would wash with these two friends hun :) When I'm with my other friends I can be quite restrained, but all my good intentions fly out of the window when I'm with these two (hence the drunken weekend last weekend! :eek:) xxx

I know what you mean Sian, I'm supposed to be going out this Friday night, then next weekend and then there are a couple of weekend away drinking sessions on the cards too! I thought about doing the vodka and coke thing as that is what I drink, but we get into rounds and so I don't buy my own drinks. It is hard. I don't want to be a party pooper but I also don't want to waste all my syns on alcohol. I'd much rather have a big chocolate bar or cream cake :)

Hope you're not coming down with the lurgy and you feel better in the morning. Go for a nice long walk and get some fresh air, always makes me feel better.

Fresh, we were just talking about that same thing on this board earlier today. Banana's and grapes are a couple of naughty fruits that don't always suit everyone and they can cause weight loss to be slow. I eat loads of fruit but always try to have the SS ones, so loads of strawberries, raspberries, melon etc. Try cutting the banana out and I'm sure it'll help your loss. Well done for sounding so motivated though, sounds like you're really going for it now.

Well done Never22 on the 2lb loss. Glad your new class and consultant are an improvement (couldn't be much worse). A good supportive good can make a huge difference. Congratulations on your 1/2 stone award. Keep up the good work

xx

hello all. im a bit of a rubbish princess and havent kept up with the posts very well. i hope everyone is having lovely losses and good happenings in general :)

Sian, far be it from me to be a booze-blocker but prehaps have every other drink as a diet coke so u alternate and drink less. drink slower as well. maybe even only accept every alternate offer of a night out. that way you are still social but not overdoing the syns. i used to have this kinda problem... but tend to have my nights out doing non-pub dependent things... like theatre, comedy clubs etc now. so u have a drink or 2 before or after but dont spend all night glugging. i find it more fun than just getting pished. am i making u feel like an alcoholic yet? lol xxxx i was meant to have a few drinks tonight but ended up having to ruddy drive... :(

22 Thats bloomin fantastic... well done hun, and coping with visitors too!:)

Fresh... Dont beat yourself up hun, you know where you went wrong, you have identified it and you will be more determined now. Just keep thinking of how you WANT to look. :)
One of the girls hung clothes she wanted to get into, another sorted out her nice underwear and hung it in the bedroom (I would have hung it in the kitchen, I spend more time in there!):8855: Could something like that give you a bit more motivation? Good luck hun x
Not sure about the fruit, but the others will let you know!

Sian... Aww hun, its crapola when you are torn, but listen to the good side hun, it aint worth the GAIN! I have been courting the Devil for the last three weeks and last night I got what I totally deserved, a 2lb GAIN!!!! Now it does not seem a lot, but when you remember I only loose 1lb or even half lb a week, I have just undone two weeks work. You could always save sins from each day and plan for your night out, which is what thicko here should have been doing! :rolleyes:

It’s a kick up the rear and I shall be on the straight and narrow all week, C thinks I should set my target at what I am next week and maintain until I come back from cruise and then have a last push for Christmas, so I’m thinking on that one... what do you ladies think? (and yes I said ladies, cos you ARE!) :)

Chelleb... I was in the food camp rather than the drink camp... but something has switched and I had a gain this week... so drink is definatley the Devils choice for me!

Bev... how did the work thing go hun? Can we go for the Friday for our hot date xxx hunnie bun my sweet!:8855:

Kasi... Thanks hun, I have gone out on a Sat evening with OH ever since I started Sw, that has been fine, I have gone out every week on a Wed evening with friends from once upon a time work, that also has been fine, because as you say you know your doing it every week so you plan it into your diet. What’s not fine is sticking a Tuesday (daytime) while meant to be shopping and an all day Sunday into the dies with no planning whatsoever!

To everyone who I have missed...... sorry xx
Got granddaughter again today... were going swimming and was going to do lunch in the park but its persisting it down.
Have a fab day hunnies xxx

Good morning ladies

Sorry I didn't make it in yesterday ...had a day of walking round the golf course and then shopping -so lots of exercise there hopefully..
Just thought I would pop on before I put some slap on and we go out again.... today we are off to the tierpark -it has wild animals etc there -so we will get some walking in there and then we need to stop off on the way home and get some more fruit and other odds n sods...

Righty-ho then -WELL DONE on the losses ladies :happy036:... chelle woohoo on getting that holiday excess off so quickly :clap:
well yesterday the 1st of my clothes orders arrived and Im chuffed to little mintballs as the bras I ordered *whilst sure the guide had to be wrong* -well they fit perfectly and are soooooo comfy... and my "assets" are in a much better place :giggle:-so by losing weight from my back and under my boobs I have actually gone UP 2 cup sizes -but my band has gone down 10" :p -and those 18-20 tops I ordered expecting to lose a little more before they were wearable -well 3 of the 4 are fine :eek: -the 4th the brown one I posted on here is a little clingy -well actually it seems that with my new bras and the top being a cross over "my cup runneth over" :rotflmao: -so I will wait a little longer before wearing that -don't want to "unleash the hounds" on the public :p.. so yesterday was a good one and tomorrow I need to get the clothes I have "out-shrunk" :p listed on here so I can pass them on if they will be of use to anyone, and Im throwing away all my old bras -its nice not to have wires digging in :eek: Im waiting to see how long it is before I break a wire... does anyone else have that problem? I swear Im the Uri Geller of the bra world -I snap wires all the time -but only in one side :confused: -who knows, hopefully now I have proper fitting ones I won't do it :cross:
oh and they were naughty and sent me a catologue with my order -so I have been sat picking what I want when I go down to the next size :giggle: -although I have a while to go before that happens. I won't be running up a bill though as I pay as I buy -too dangerous to have an account ;).
Right thats enough waffle for me -I will catch up with all the goings on whe I get back..have a lovely day everyone

good morning princesses!

i had high hopes for going out with the kids too patsy, hope it clears up for both of us xx

capricorn, CONGRATS on the tops and bras. your post has me grinning... nice to share in peoples excitment and success. wont be long until that brown top is baggy. I totally agree with forward planning for the next batch of bras... tis good for the soul :D

i have my WI tonight. by hook or by crook i better have shifted my holiday gain. 4.5lb is a big ask for a loss BUT i managed to gain it in a week so im hoping to have lost it in the same lol.

is anyone here going for woman of the year titles in group? if so...GOOD LUCK! we are voting tonight and having a taster night... exciting stuff :D

have a lovely day princesses

xxxx

hello all. im a bit of a rubbish princess and havent kept up with the posts very well. i hope everyone is having lovely losses and good happenings in general :)

Sian, far be it from me to be a booze-blocker but prehaps have every other drink as a diet coke so u alternate and drink less. drink slower as well. maybe even only accept every alternate offer of a night out. that way you are still social but not overdoing the syns. i used to have this kinda problem... but tend to have my nights out doing non-pub dependent things... like theatre, comedy clubs etc now. so u have a drink or 2 before or after but dont spend all night glugging. i find it more fun than just getting pished. am i making u feel like an alcoholic yet? lol xxxx i was meant to have a few drinks tonight but ended up having to ruddy drive... :(

Morning ladies!

Karen - it's very good advice. Thankyou! :)

I'd just like to add that I'm not an alcoholic, lol! I never drink in the week, and when I'm back in school I only ever have a drink once a fortnight (and I have a max of 4 as I'm driving the following day!) I only really have a big night out during the hols, so normally it's not a problem to resist or just say no :)

When I was living in Cardiff we used to go the cinema, theatre and comedy club a lot, but since I've moved back to deepest darkest Wales I don't really have many options that don't involve a 20-30 mile drive! :(

Anyway, I'm over my rant now! I'm not particularly bothered about not going out to Aberystwyth this weekend as I've got lots of work to do for school, and I'm going down to school for a couple of days to get the A level and GCSE results :)

Hope everyone has a good day!

Sian xxx

WOOHOO! well done Chelle on your fab loss - easy come, easy go hey?!

Well done to you too, Never, fantastic result after having visitors all week!

Patsy, sorry about your gain, but at least you know why! I think your C's suggestion is very sensible - I did something similar last time I was on SW, when I hit a plateau and was starting to lose my mojo, my C suggested setting an interim target to keep me from losing it completely - and it worked! So, given that you know you've got a holiday filled with temptations coming up, that sounds like a good plan!

Capricorn - wow! Fantastic NSVs there missus! Isn't it great when you finally get a bra that actually fits?! I find it alters your whole shape and posture to wear a good bra!!! I too am a wire-snapper, it's really frustrating and usually on my favourite bras! Probably because I wash them in the machine instead of by hand - serves me right for being lazy! I think you should definitely post some piccies of you in your new togs too (and with your fancy make-up!)

Sian, it's always difficult when we have 'routines' of any sort - like your nights out with your friends. Just a thought, but if you really don't want to use up your syns on alcohol, suggest to them that you do something different than going to the pub - like bowling, or going to a dance class. Just as much fun and you would be getting some body magic in too!

Karen, fingers crossed for your WI sweetie, hope that holiday weight has vanished!

Fresh, We had the debate about fruit the other day. I'd heard before that bananas and grapes are not great for weight loss, so I am cutting out bananas this week after 3 slow weeks of losses - we shall see whether it has an effect!

Laura, I am eating strawberries galore this week, so I hope they are doing their superspeedy work!

Hello campers!!!
What a gorgeous day!!! I lost 4.5 lb:party0049: (well since two weeks ago, I did not make it to the group last Tuesday, oops) but hey, I am pleased as my home scale said a 2lb gain! I was never so nervous to go and there you go, what a pleasant surprise:D

Fresh- I eat lots and lots of fruit, more than they feed monkeys in a zoo,;)

Sian
- I do not want to be rude but if there were your real friends they should know how much you want to slim down, so they should to support you! Maybe a good chat would help? :copon:- maybe not so violent :8855:
Never22 well done on your loss, you go girl!!

Patsy I am sorry about your gain, but remember life is not about diet, it is about enjoying yourself , a few good vibes just for you! :vibes:

Capricorn
- I do, I do have the same problem with my bras, it is always the right wire which snaps somewhere in the middle, it is so b***y annoying as the rest of the bra is still in perfect condition but I cannot wear it cos one of my boobs is staring at people and the other one is looking down at my toes!!! Is it because I move my hands a lot when talking???:confused:

Anyone I forgot to mention I am very sorry did not want to be a rudie :eek:

Have a good evening and take care girlies!!

Evening All

Just a quick one for me tonight as I'm tired and starving so having an early night haha

Well done Kasia on your loss, that's brilliant 4.5lb. Think you need to get some new scales for home though. Naughty lying scales.

Chin up Patsy on your gain. You know where you fell down so I'm sure you'll be able to rectify it this week. I agree with the short term mini targets, they always help me and keep my focus. Hope you enjoyed your swim, I'm off with my little angel tomorrow morning.

Enjoy your evening all xx

Capricorn... you do make me laugh hun, If your hounds get out of hand I’m sure husband with buy them a leash and get them into training! :eek:My wires don’t snap but they find a way to wriggle out of the side, I look like one of those Harley Davison bikers talking on a microphone!:8855: Gawd knows why they do that. Hope you have had a lovely day with hubby!:)

Karen... hope youve done good chic, but any lose will be a gud en x

Sian... what are you talking about... your and alcoholic and a nymphomaniac... we knows ya know!:8855:
Hope your feeling a bit better chic, poorly in hols, dontcha know that’s always the way. :(

Spanx... she really is a good C, have a lot of confidence in her advise and you saying that makes me think it may be a good idea! Hope your having a better week hun x

Kas... you’re so right hun, but I still want to be slim so I better cut it out and get my head sorted.

Well... I am shattered, had faith swimming and boy she can move. She wasn’t happy until every last hair on my head was dripping!!! Was going to go into town after but with a head full of frizz I gave it a miss. So we have been bug catching in the back garden,:eek: only trouble is she wanted to take them home to go in the bath with her:eek:... NICE... Not! :8855:

How’s everyone’s day been... I have been a top SW girl today,;) lets hope I can make it last till bedtime!

Evening All

Chin up Patsy on your gain. You know where you fell down so I'm sure you'll be able to rectify it this week. I agree with the short term mini targets, they always help me and keep my focus. Hope you enjoyed your swim, I'm off with my little angel tomorrow morning.

Enjoy your evening all xx

Hiya hun,

We had a fab time thanks but I am shattered now lol
Enjoy your swim tomorrow hun.:)

Sian... what are you talking about... your and alcoholic and a nymphomaniac... we knows ya know!:8855:
Hope your feeling a bit better chic, poorly in hols, dontcha know that’s always the way. :(

Patsy - Bloody cheek!!!!!! :eek: Alcoholic and a nymphomaniac, pfft! Chance would be a fine thing!! :p

My cold hasn't actually developed into anything, so I'm warding it off with high strength vitamin C :)

Sorry about your gain hun, but it sounds like you're getting right back on track with a really positive attitude. Well done that woman! :D

Kasia - well done on the fabulous loss hun! :bliss: I bet you're so pleased with yourself, and with just reason! :) I love your suggestion for my friends! They are usually very supportive, but they seem to think that because I'm on holiday I should be enjoying myself all the time! :)

Chelle - hope you have a fun time swimming tomorrow hun :) I love swimming, but I won't go until I've lost some more weight :eek: I hate being surrounded by skinny minnies!

Karen - how did you get on at your WI hun! Fingers crossed for a good loss for you :)

Capricorn - sounds like you're having some fab NSVs recently! Well done you hun! Btw...I have been known to snap a few under wires in my time, always on one side rather than both! Sooo annoying :)

Hope everyone's had a fab day! :)

Sian xxx

Thanks love, you are one lovely girl. And... we know your a nice girl. But I just cant help pulling your leg!:8855:

Going for a soak in the bath now... you know there is a really good reason why I had my kids young! Thank gawd I got Faithy now rather than in ten years, I would have been on my knees today! :8855:

I'm knackerooed! lol :8855:

Evening girlies!

Hope everyone is well and having a good SW week!

I had a meal out again tonight, but think I just about managed to stay within 15 syns for the whole day, so not too bad!

Rofl at Patsy calling Sian a nympho and an alky - pot, kettle?!!!! :D:D:D

Well done Kasia - fab result!

Back