QUEEN SIZE TO PRINCESS

well done spanx on the loss! go that woman!!!

oh pink im so very sorry to hear about your mum. I can only imagine just how difficult this must be for you and your family. At times like this, the diet kinda takes a back seat doesnt it. In reality i imagine your still prob being much healthier than you were before you started sw. It is no problem for you to switch plans hun, just do whatever feels right and listen to your body.

xx

:eek: so much to catch up on again :eek:

Oh and Sian... I is not a reprobate! Well not a fully fledged one... I'm just learning and Bev is my teacher!:8855:
Hahaha! :8855: Think Bev might have something to say about that when she pops in! ;) xxx

Have you done your homework Patsy? I'll be checking on Friday ;) :8855:

I have just started to look at jobs, this stay at home lark is loosing its shelf life.

Nice for a while though eh? :D I must admit, I'd be bored off my trolley at home all the time..........but a month or two would be bliss :D Good luck finding a job Patsy lass........but.......who will look after Faithy? :eek:

Good luck with the job hunt Patsy - I will be joining you in the new year as I'm being made redundant at Christmas - should have been June, but they wanted me to stay on to the end of the year. It's a scary prospect - especially as a single parent, but they've given me a decent package, so no panicking for a while at least!

Glad to hear you'll have some breathing space financially Spanx. Still a bit of a worry though innit? :( I'm sure someone will snap you up though :D What sort of work do you do spanx?

Oh, and I think it's probably a three-way tie between Patsy, Bev and Sian for the'miss naughty' title in this team! :angeldevil::angeldevil::angeldevil:

Hey, that's just not fair! Slanderous even! :8855: That Laura one can be quite a 'miss naughty' and you? .............well, kettle and pot spring to mind! :8855:

Louise - :clap::clap: on your 2 100% days and your STS :D So glad you've found your mojo again :D Well done you! And good luck for the coming week. Get your bum on here, the second you can feel your mojo wandering off..........it won't though, sounds like you've got the little blighter cuffed! :giggle:

Helen - so sorry to hear about your Mum :( News like that is bound to throw anyone off track. Like someone else said (sorry can't remember who) staying on plan takes a back seat at times like these, so don't be hard on yourself. Fab idea to switch to WW for a couple of weeks though - whatever works for you has got to be a good move in my opinion. The worse thing for motivation etc is boredom, and if by switching you regain your interest, then bloody brilliant! You go for it girl, but don't be running off and leaving us, you are more than welcome here no matter what plan you are following - we're all in the same boat lass "HMS Weightloss", so it makes no difference whatsoever. You never know, I might join you if/when I get bored with SW :eek: :giggle:

I'm reporting in with a 3lb loss this week - WOOHOO! So, that takeaway has obviously found the exit(!:eek:) and not eating bananas seems to have helped. I shall be trying to stick to fewer carbs next week and see if I get a good result then too.

WOOHOO! Fan-bloody-tastic Spanx! I'm so pleased for you! I bet you feel great after your couple of slow weeks eh? Slow weeks are still a step in the right direction, but a 3lb loss..........what a fabby boost :D

I know I've missed a shed load of stuff :( sorry. Oh, heck! Just remembered :eek: Welcome to the nuthouse clw10. I hope you like it here. I will openly admit to being a tad norty from time to time............pleading innocence is rather futile really.............isn't it Sian? :p LOL anyway, good luck with your weightloss and looking forward to sharing each milestone/success with you xxx

Anyone who I've forgotten, if you come round to my house now, you can tell me off.................I've got SW ribs (yummy sauce :D) in the oven and you may share them by way of an apology :D LOL

Well, I'm having a buzzing week after my 'death wish' dabble with a green week. I'm back on my trusted Red and loving it again :D I've converted my loftroom into a mini Gym too. I've got a telly up there (not that, that will help me burn any calories off! lol) which I watch when I'm boring myself senseless on exercise equipment :D Makes the time go faster and kinda makes up for the lack of changing scenery when I'm on my bike and rowing machine! lol I have noticed though, that It could do with a lick of paint up there, so that's a job to do while I'm off work next week. Oh did I mention I've got a week off work? I'm so flipping excited! lol

Shall I tell you what i want, what I really, really want (sung in proper spice girl fashion. lol) I really want a top notch treadmill. I know I walk miles each day with the dogs, but I'd really like to start running :eek: :8855: Might not do the floorboards much good though :eek: :giggle:

Hello girlies, just a quick pop in before tea. Helen, so sorry to read about your mum, must be such a difficult time for your family,

Well done on the loss Spanx, :happy036:

Bev, I would love a good treadmill too, like they have in the gym, we looked in John Lewis and they were about £1500. so I will just have to use the one in the gym for now.

I had a bit of a binge this morning, everyone was still in bed and I just ate chocolate and crisps and a sandwich and I felt physically so bad afterwards, really yuck. I have been to the gym this afternoon so hopefully I worked some of the calories off.

Right, I better cook the tea now for a hungry family

Last edited:
Big hugs Pink didnt want to read and run.

Hello all,

Well I'm reporting in with a miraculous 2lb loss this week - which after 3 days of being fairly off plan is a bit of a miracle! I did go for long walks 2 days to try to make up for it, so maybe it worked :) It was a bit annoying though because when weighing in, the scales wobbled between 19st 13lbs and 20 stone... and then settled on 20 stone! Gah! Never mind, I'll get into the 19's next week!

I did my first day on WW yesterday and stuck to my points, so I think I'm going to be ok. Work is looking a bit busier next week too, which will help - it's hard not to think about food all the time when you are sat there twiddling your thumbs!

Thanks for all the kind messages about my mum, much appreciated.

Hope you all have great days today - I've just had me a fry up for my brekkie, nom nom nom.
Helen x

Good morning ladies!!!
It is a gorgeous, very bright and shiny morning in my part of Lincolnshire!!!!

Ideal to...... put some washing out :8855:

Spanx-good weight loss, bravo!!!:happy096: I would like a nice wieght loss this week, but there is not a chance,I haven't been off the plan much , but had a couple of days with too many treats:cry:mea culpa

Pink- I am sorry to hear about your mum, it must be a really hard time for the whole family and you, Just do whatever suits you as diet is not the most important thing right now, we all are here to support you if you need us!!:grouphugg:
Sian , Sian darling is Alan back?? any more chats or naughty phone converstation? He is a very pretty boy ( or shall I say man!)
Bev- I envy you your little gym I would like a nice thread mill, but nowhere to put it in, our house is up for sale so pinkies crossed it will sell so we can have a nice spacious home and I can have my threadmill:) of course in the meantime I still could go for a little run around the village , but I simply do not want to upset a village people with my wobble :8855:

Right girlies tonight it is a birthday party we need to attend, with lots of vodka and yummy naughty food, hubbie said that I should have a massive dinner before we go so I won't be tempted, he also said not to bother to cook for him and Oliver they will get something something delicious and a very naughty when we get there! Shall I be crossed with him or greatful?:confused:

I am off to put some washing in:soapbox:

Enjoy your Sunday girls, how many of you is cooking a traditional Sunday dinner??

Good morning ladies

Sending you huge hugs pinksparkly hope your mum is as comfy and pain free as possible, bet she is glad to be home and surrounded by you all. She certainly sounds like a fighter ... don't forget to take care of yourself too ;) AND well done on your loss :clap:

Well done on your loss Spanx :happy036:
Losc-well done on the sts....
clw10 -hubby is REME ;) -we nearly ended up in Cyprus for this posting -but I picked Germany :D

Well folks Im reporting in with a 2lb loss this week -Im happy with that as even though we have been doing lots of walking -it has meant that I haven't always been home in time for lunches so I have been going longer between meals -*bad bad me* -I have another week of hubby being at home then "normal service will ressume" :p.
Im going to retake all my measurements today -ready for starting the gym this week :faint2: -so I can see the inches drop, just in case the scales don't show much difference ....
Right Im off to make my porridge nomnomnom
Have a great day everyone...

Wow, well done Capricorn - what a good loss, especially since you've not done as much exercise as normal!:D:D:D:D:D

Well done on the losses Pinksparkly and Capricorn. :happy036:

Hope you are all having a very good SW weekend. I always struggled at the weekend with WW. (I did slip up a bit yesterday with bread and these gorgeous salt and balsamic crisps) but went to the gym in the afternoon. I am starting to feel a difference in the gym, things seem a bit easier. And even outside, I seem to walk a bit faster and easier.

Today is ironing and tidy up day. And I am making soup, I need something tasty and filling.

Good luck with the birthday party Kasia, you can do it, just imagine all that party food has maggots crawling all over it. (a la Paul McKenna) and tastes foul

Morning ladies :wavey:

Pink- I am sorry to hear about your mum, we are all sending you hugs and best wishes. Like everyone else says its not easy but I am sure she will appreciate being home with her loved ones around her. I think your doing great to be sticking to your healthy eating and 2lbs off! :party0011: Just make sure you keep looking after yourself too :)

Capricorn and Spanx well done on your losses :happy096: I might try and cut the banana's out this week too.

kasiapelasia Where abouts in lincolnshire do you live? We just moved to Lincoln in March, we relocated from Newcastle. I met another girl from here Emma and turns out she lives just up the road from me! Maybe we could get a little Lincoln group together!!

Never 22 I struggle at the weekends too because its out of routine, I do well during the week because I have set eating times and work keeps me busy! But at the weekend i am left to my own devices! At least weigh in is on a wednesday so got a few says to save anything I can!! Wish I weighed on a Friday!!

Bev It must be cool to have a gym in your attic! I wish I could afford the gym- we are trying to find some second hand weights or something so can do some toning.

and lastly WELCOME CLW10 :welcome2: sorry its a bit late!

sorry if I have missed anyone! I hope everyone is going well!

Well I haven't done tooooo badly this weekend- the only little mess up was a chocolate brownie- but it was a slimming world recipe, it was meant to make 24 but the batter only was enough to make a cake pan full and we cut into 4! So not sure how many syns it was ooops. On a positive note though made a massive batch of chili and spaghetti bolognaise to freeze, and got some paprika chicken in there too- so pleased we have some good meals to grab at night and I don't have to stand at the oven every night but I know they are still healthy!! so yey!!

Other than that off on a long walk this afternoon with my lovely boy. Undo some of the brownie damage!!

Hope you are all having a fabulous weekend princesses!

Claire xx

Afternoon all! :)

Firstly, well done Helen, Capricorn and Spanx on your fabulous losses! :bliss: You're all doing the team proud! :D

Louise - well done on your sts hun. Hopefully it will give you the motivation to get back on track! :)

Helen - I'm so sorry to hear about your mother hun. All my thoughts are with you at this difficult time :grouphugg:

Kasia - Alan is indeed back! He was still in Malta when I text him a while back, so I guess he's pretty much forgiven! No naughty phonecalls though - I'm going to be good from now on! ;)

Claire - awww, don't worry about the brownie incident! We all do it :) Do you know how many syns were in the whole thing? You can just divide it by 4 then. At least you didn't use up aaaaaaaall your syns in one night! Hmmm...for some reason my stupid brain thought that a WKD would be better for me than a pint, only for me to find out today that there's more syns in the WKD! Gutted! :eek:

Hope everyone's well!! Hopefully Patsy or Bev will be along to tell me that they also had an alcohol bath! ;) That's the last of my nights out now until I go back to school. Thank god to be honest! It'll be nice to get back to normal :)

Sian xxx

Oh, and I feel old today! I lost count of the number of ex-pupils who came up to me at the show dance last night. "Hello Miss" have to be the two worst words to hear on a night out!!! Oh, apart from maybe "last orders" ;) xxx

Afternoon all! Isn't it lovely that the sun is shining (well, it is where I am!) Off out for a bike ride shortly, so my wobbly builder's bum will be on display for all to see :eek:

Pink, I hope you are having a better day and that things are as good as possible for your Mum. :grouphugg:

Claire, don't worry too much about the brownie incident - just chalk it up to experience and move on! Hope it doesn't do too much damage at your next WI!

Sian, you WKD, WKD woman!!!! That'll teach you to check your syn values before you go out! Hope you had a good time and it was worth it, miss!

Never, it's great when we can start to see/feel a difference isn't it? I've got a pair of cropped trousers on today that I haven't fitted into for about 2 years! Yay!

Capricorn, well done you! Another fantastic loss - I see you have overtaken me in terms of total weight - I'm going to have to get a move on to try and keep up! Good luck for your gym-trips this week!

Kasia, I think it's a good idea to eat before you go tonight and maybe even take some fruit with you so that you can eat something while everyone else is eating - otherwise you might feel left out! At least hubby is supporting you - so I wouldn't be too cross! Just throw him some dirty looks when he is tucking into all the naughty treats!!!

Bev, wow, what a long post! Glad you are happy back on red - I really need to do more red days, I should get my butt into gear and plan better. I mainly end up on green because I find it so much easier to rustle up something quick when I haven't planned my day! Sounds like all that work making yourself a home gym would count as body magic without even having to do the exercise!!

Hope you are all having a fab SW sunday!

Spanx - it was definitely worth it as I had a lovely time with the girlies :) I'm just writing it off and carrying on as normal for the week. I'll try to keep the syns to a minimum from now until WI on Friday, but I'll still be way over! Hopefully the gain won't be too bad! :8855:

Bev - in other words, Spanx is telling you you talk too much ;) Haha!

xxx

lots of love and hugs helen. good on your mum for giving the medical profssionals a run for their money. My f.i.l had the same news of 6 months and lasted 3 years. I wish you all lots of strength to cope with the coming weeks. xxx

Afternoon all. well im back home now and thought i would pop on and catch up with all the posts,so im going to make a coffee and do just that:).
last week i lost 1lb which also was * week so i was pleased with that and i lost 1lb this week which im so pleased with .
going to catch up posts now.
xx

Back