Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Query with converting a recipe to SW

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by CarolineJ, 13 October 2011 Social URL.

1. CarolineJ

CarolineJ Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.99%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi,

I have a lovely recipe that i use to make peppered meat balls in my pressure cooker.

I think this could become a free recipe on EE, however, the meatballs are browned in lard before they are cooked in the pressure cooker.

I'm thinking that I could probably do without the lard, and could fry them in frylight, maybe in a non stick pan before transferring them to the pressure cooker.

Does anyone else think this would work, or have any other suggestions? I don't really want to syn the lard if possible!

Thanks in advance! :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ermintrude

ermintrude Gold Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st5.5lb(37.65%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I dont see why not, I fry mince in Fry Light all the time. The lard is just for the flavour of lard really.

4. CarolineJ

CarolineJ Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.99%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thank you, you've just confirmed what I thought!

That's a recipe for next week sorted now! I've spent a couple of hours this morning going through my favourite recipes and working out which are free on EE days/how many syns they have. Some more to go, sigh!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.