Question about "cooking" packs... help please

lighterlifeclaire

Silver Member
Hi...

I've read just about everywhere that you should only cook one pack a day because it gets rid of sum nutrients etc...

In my first week I hated the chocolate pack but 10 weeks in and I'm lovin' it...

I make it with cold water, add a spoonful of coffee - and then heat it up in the microwave for about 1min30 and its like a hot chocolate/mocha! ... I just wondered, is this classed as "cooking"???

Ideally, I'd have about 3 of these a day rather than other packs!! I've had 2 already today, but just want to make sure its ok to heat more than 1 of them up a day??

:confused::confused::confused:

My LLC said we could add hot water, and made no limitations....so I think you are probably fine!

Last night, I made some 'frosting' with a Chocolate pack for a Coffee muffin....same as yours it was the pack with a spoon of dried coffee in it. There was too much for the muffin, so I ate the rest of it like Mocha Mousse - it was fab!!! :D

I was always a bad cook! and I can't even manage to make a decent muffin!!!

I made a vanilla one last night and it was the most disgusting thing I've ever seen! I think the knack is to add a bit more water (i only added 3tbsps) so might try again later... but don't want to keep wasting packs tryin 2 make um!

Yeah, more water should help - I find if it is a soft mix - quite easy to stir they comeout good.

I get my tap water warm, and then a very slow stream and I just put the mix in a bowl and then put it under the water and stir as the water is adding, stopping when its right,

My first ones were horrific!!! :D

Keep trying! You'll get i! :)

I find that whizzing it with the blitzer stick gets rid of any lumps. I mix mine with some cold water (just a little) then add boiling water and then blitz it. No lumps or bumps. (Just like I hope to be!!! :D :D :D)

I've never been told not to cook more than one a day and usually cook two... crisps and a choc cookie... I'm fine so I don't think I'm gonna panic, my dietary intake has still gotta be loads better than it once was!!! :cool:

My LLC was totally against all cooking and actually LL don't recommend this at all - it's a thing people do to make it more tolerable.

Is there any reason why you can't add hot water and making your drink that way rather than putting the foodpack in withthe water in the microwave? Recent research I've read doesn't put much store in the theory that microves kill nutrients.

I used to have hot chocolate for almost every meal towards the end - it became my favourite thing - I can't see the problem with mixing a black coffee with a choc foodpack (I never did that because I can't drink coffee with milk - and the packs are milk-based)

We actually got a recipe sheet from our LLC so I can't see that it can be that bad. She did say we shouldn't cook more than one pack per day though as it may destroy nutrients, but they don't have proof.

I thought that if you used the microwave it IS classed as cooking. Most drinks dont need re-heating in the microwave. I make hot chocolate and soups using just boiled water then whizzing with the hand blender. These come out really hot and absolutely gorgeous.

Back