Question about ketosis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizzle84

I will do this!!!
Just wondering........say i eat a sunday roast with all the trimmings (potatoes included) when would i get kicked out of ketosis? does it happen straight away or would it happen the next day?

it takes you out almost straight away. would say within the hour!
when i did exante last time and i had a pig out i used to take de carb tablets. some people think they are a con but i swear by them. i took 2 before eating a large pizza or a roast dinner and i still stayed in ketosis. ;)

Yes you'll be out of ketosis and you'll probably gain weight.

You need to decide what you want more weight loss or food. A sacrifice for a few months and you can have all the Sunday dinners you want. If food is more important maybe something like WW would be better for you.

A diet like exante really is an all or nothing diet you can't expect to eat and it have no impact. You really need to be in the right mind set for a VLCD

fortyandfat said:
it takes you out almost straight away. would say within the hour!
when i did exante last time and i had a pig out i used to take de carb tablets. some people think they are a con but i swear by them. i took 2 before eating a large pizza or a roast dinner and i still stayed in ketosis. ;)

Perhaps you have a high carb tolerance and were lucky but they aren't going to work for everyone. These diets are TFR for a reason

Yes you'll be out of ketosis and you'll probably gain weight.

You need to decide what you want more weight loss or food. A sacrifice for a few months and you can have all the Sunday dinners you want. If food is more important maybe something like WW would be better for you.

A diet like exante really is an all or nothing diet you can't expect to eat and it have no impact. You really need to be in the right mind set for a VLCD

I never said id actually eaten it, which i haven't. Its just something that iv been curious about since starting the diet. I haven't eaten a sunday roast or anything apart from my shakes, like i said it was just a question that iv been wondering for a while.

Pizzle no offence meant but you do ask a lot of qns about food, no just as WS options but full blown meals. Are you sure exante is the right diet for you? Apart from WS days, this is a TFR diet.

I have to say as someone who doesn't really want to read about a roast with all the trimmings I find these threads a bit distracting in a TFR diet forum.

Pizzie84 dont do it, I got curious, started with a few potatoes, extra meals etc and i stayed in ketosis for a few days, and then all of a sudden I wasn't in it anymore and it led to a full on binge over the weekend. Struggling now to get back into the zone to restart the diet. Please please keep going!!!

IM NOT EATING A ROAST!!! yes i do ask alot of questions because thats what i thought this forum was for. I did LT 100% for 12 weeks, iv dont exante now 100% for 5 weeks apart from one slip up the other night. If you can do it 100% and not have any questions or thoughts then thats great for you but i do have questions whether they are relevent or not. And all i said was roast with trimmings its not like i went into great detail!! Im sorry if im the kind of person who wants to be prepared for when i do eat, or someone who is just curious about aspects of this diet. Sometime with the replies i get from certain people on here i wonder why i even come on here and ask questions.

I realise people want to ask questions and theres no harm in that but this Is a TOTAL FOOD REPLACEMENT diet

I'm sorry but your questions don't in any way come across as questions for when you 'can' eat. When you're at goal and maintaining you can eat anything you like and you won't be giving ketosis a second thought. You asked if eating a full roast would knock you out of ketosis. To everyone on here that sounds like you're planning it quite honestly

The questions you're asking - about cheese, sushi, kormas, roast dinners ate all worded like they're things for now. And as has already been pointed out it's not exactly making it easy for the rest of us who are still a long way from maintenance.

You'd be better just taking one day at a time. Stick to packs and not worrying about refeed/maintenance at the moment.

Bottom line is stick to packs and protein - stay in ketosis
Eat carbs - go out of ketosis

Stick to packs - good weight loss
Eat meals that arent on plan - weight loss affected.

Last edited:
Sorry you're feeling that way Pizzle. I think you should be able to ask away here and be supported in doing so (but that's just IMHO). I haven't had a carb cheat myself yet, but I think you would be straight out of ketosis. However, your K stix (if you use them) may still test positive for a short period of time after as your urine may have been made before you had the carb binge. I think you'd know as soon as Mr Appetite returned with a vengence though.

You're doing really well and I hope you stick around :) x

well no the best thing for ME is to be prepared for when i can eat. I slipped up the other night (korma), With the sushi i actually said "i love sushi but does anyone now if its ok for a healthy meal when eating again?" so that was for when im eating again, and all the other food mentions were for AAM, and i just said a roast as a meal i could have said burger and chips or anything. Dont know why im getting such a hard time for asking things that i want to know the answers to, like i said thought thats what this place was for.

Thanks scotminx at least you understand where im coming from. I do have ketostix and i use them no matter what other peoples opions of them are, i think they really help put peoples minds at rest.

I don't think it's wrong ur asking about food, it maybe a meal replacement diet, but food still plays a big part in it. With the different plans, SS and WS foods gotta come into it somewhere. Xxx

well no the best thing for ME is to be prepared for when i can eat. I slipped up the other night (korma), With the sushi i actually said "i love sushi but does anyone now if its ok for a healthy meal when eating again?" so that was for when im eating again, and all the other food mentions were for AAM, and i just said a roast as a meal i could have said burger and chips or anything. Dont know why im getting such a hard time for asking things that i want to know the answers to, like i said thought thats what this place was for.

Pizzle maybe if you post in the maintenance section then and or make it clear your queries are about when youre maintaining it might be better all round because quite honestly at the moment it looks like youre looking to deviate from the plan all the time.

But believe me, the constant food references are upsetting a lot of people

I dont think korma or full roast dinners come under WS guidelines though

I dont know how many more times i need to say this.....the korma was a slip up that i asked about (alot of people have slip ups and ask about them so why is my slip up being thrown in my face??) and the roast isn't even real!!!! i just said a roast hypothetically.

I dont know how many more times i need to say this.....the korma was a slip up that i asked about (alot of people have slip ups and ask about them so why is my slip up being thrown in my face??) and the roast isn't even real!!!! i just said a roast hypothetically.

Maybe then if you had mentioned it was a hypothetical roast in the first place.........although if its hypothetical I cant see why it would even come up :confused:

Like I said

Protein/salad - keeps you in ketosis
Carbs - knocks you out

Apply that to any food and you wont go far wrong :)

Starlight said:
I dont think korma or full roast dinners come under WS guidelines though

No they don't, but for some people it helps them to talk about food, their own anxieties around different foods etc, and I know it's a TFR forum, but we have all had the same issues regarding food otherwise we wouldn't be here. If we ignore the issue, we will never wrk through it.

No they don't, but for some people it helps them to talk about food, their own anxieties around different foods etc, and I know it's a TFR forum, but we have all had the same issues regarding food otherwise we wouldn't be here. If we ignore the issue, we will never wrk through it.

I can fully understand that but I think theres one hell of a difference between discussing a food issue and successful maintenance and asking if a certain (carb filled) meal will knock you out of ketosis.

We all have food issues on here or we wouldnt be doing this extreme diet but lets face it were doing TFR to take food out the equation for a bit. We all know the good/bad food we can have on here without affecting ketosis/weight loss/motivation.

Its blooming hard going this diet but its for a reason.... the rewards are fantastic

Just wondering........say i eat a sunday roast with all the trimmings (potatoes included) when would i get kicked out of ketosis? does it happen straight away or would it happen the next day?

My exact words...."say i eat" that doesn't say "i have eaten" so = hypothetical as it hasn't happened. Really this has made me feel so crap having things thrown at me including my korma slip up especially by a moderator of the website. Can say iv lost confidence in this website for giving advice and support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back