Question about legal white fish....

CoCoMo

I have just found out that I have to work away in a couple of weeks. From my last VLCD, I know that I struggled to get my food packs in when i was working 16 hours a day and living in a hotel out of a suitcase - it's sometimes just not possible when you are constantly in meetings and running from office to office, and although I wasn't hungry, I struggled to keep my concentration and productivity up.

I am preparing myself in case I need to put a 200kcal meal in. My CDC was a bit vague about this - can anyone here help: Is it only cod and haddock which are legal in the white fish category, or do things like sea bass, coley, turbot etc count too? And, do prawns count as white fish? Thanks for the help peeps!:)

White fish would include fish like:
Cod
Whiting.
Haddock
Halibut,
Plaice
Skate
Sole
Dogfish
Turbot
Vietnamese River Cobbler (which is becoming increasingly popular these days)
Coley
Hake
Mullet
Sea bass

Um...expect there's more though can't think of them at the mo.

BTW, canned tuna is a white fish, though it's uncanned fresh form is an oily fish :)

Thanks KD! I hope if I have to add a 200kcal meal I will be able to keep it within the rules. I am worried about it setting me off with hunger pangs though, or slowing my loss down - I was previously on LL, and the thought of actually eating anything whilst in ketosis is pretty scary :eek: But, if I have to, I will manage it. Thanks for your advice!

Oh and no to prawns, though you can now have them on the 810 plan

Thanks KD! I hope if I have to add a 200kcal meal I will be able to keep it within the rules. I am worried about it setting me off with hunger pangs though, or slowing my loss down - I was previously on LL, and the thought of actually eating anything whilst in ketosis is pretty scary :eek: But, if I have to, I will manage it. Thanks for your advice!

It'll be fine. No reason why fish should effect anything keto wise as it has no carbs:) Masses of it could be a problem as too much (and I mean tooooo much) protein can knock a person out of ketosis, but you'd need a lot.

Enjoy:)

Back