Question about loses

Angelmouse77

I lost 7 lbs first wi :D but scales have stuck since Friday doing 100% ss, this doesnt bother me so much as I am looking at the bigger picture ( my very unhealthy relationship with food ) The fact that I have not binged means more to me. Just wondered though if the cd works for everyone or are there some people it just doesnt work for?

I agree with what you have said..
I have quite an unhealthly relationship with food, Slimming World doesn't work as I cannot control my portion size, and I love my alcohol. That is why I think CD SS will work for me, as it takes food and alcohol out of the equation. By the time I have done 12 weeks SS, I 'hope' that I will have conquered my demons and have a much healthier relationship with food.
I think if you don't deal with it, as soon as you re-introduce food, you will be back to square 1.
I would love to be able to say NO !! :D:D

I was weighing myself at home every day in the beginning and then compare with weekly CDC WI, and got myself in a right state when my scales did not move from one day to the next :eek:. Crazy! CDC talked some sense into me :), I now step on at home once a week or so and just trust the CD scales. They WILL move if you stick to the plan :D :D :D.

Soon2bslimmer x

Well done for looking at the bigger picture!! As an ex-binger, I know how important that is for long term success.

Please don't worry about the scales. Mine used to stick for days, then jump. CD does work for everyone if they can do the diet. You can't help but lose weight :)

I know its tough when your scales at home don't register a loss, and I found I was obsessing about it.

My advice is get weighed on the CDC's scales, and go by that as your official weight, otherwise, if you're anything like me I was hopping on the damn things morning noon and night!

It will come off :D

xxx

You HAVE to stop jumping on the scales & just weigh in once a week on one set of scales - Not from the CDC's to yours.
I'm a serial scale hopper & although you're doing ok now it will get demoralising if you're constantly jumping on the scales and seeing no loss. If you're sticking to the diet 100% then its impossible NOT to lose weight. You could be losing fat but as your body is losing it so quickly its compensating by storing more water.
It WILL shift though - your body is just getting used to it.

Thank you everyone I feel so much better now and will stop jumping on the scales. I am more proud of myself like I said to have resisted the treats the kids are eating, just want to be in control for once.
Thanks again xx

Hey,

I'm a returner to CD and have been on SS for 7 days now. I just want to say that I am weighing myself everyday, in the morning, after going for a wee and before I drink any water!

You guys are right though and it's just clicked! If you do 100% SS and you know you have, then of course you will lose weight and checking everyday isn't going to help. I guess this means that I didn't have much faith in CD. Well after this last week (I lost 13lbs in a week!) and reading so any posts on here, I know that I do have faith.

CD Rocks!

I have put mine away in a hard to get to place! Was getting obsessed.

I'm still in my first week so it is still really exciting to see the weight change daily.
But when it slows down over the next few weeks I can see it becoming depressing that it doesn't change.....by the minute

I only get weighed at the weekly CD session.I did get weighed at the chemist and they were 5lbs more than my CDC's.!!! very misleading.

I only get weighed at the weekly CD session.I did get weighed at the chemist and they were 5lbs more than my CDC's.!!! very misleading.

I think thats the main reason against weighing yourself more than once a week. On my first week (on my last re-start about a year ago - yes I'm a serial re-starter! lol) MY scales said i'd lost 11lbs but my CDC scales said i'd only lost 7! :mad: I came back from my WI feeling very sorry for myself as i thought i'd done so much better. :(

I weigh myself daily and i find it helps to know what works best for my body / weight loss etc but i am lucky as my scales do tally within 1/4 quater lb of my cdcs so i dont get any big dissapointments for weigh in's either.

Back