Question about Pitta

shakey999

Hiya everyone

this probably sounds like a really stupid question but see the 55g of wholemeal pitta for a HE now, is that a whole pitta or half or 3/4?! theres no weight on the ones from asda (well there probably is but ive more than likely looked right over it haha) so I have no idea how much pitta it is! :confused:
Sorry for the blondeness haha xx

have a little look on the web site cos im not sure i love them and have stopped eating them and bread! the website is fab i go on there weekly to look up new recipes

I checked on the latest healthy extra's and cant seem to find anything about it...just that its 55g. Ill check in group tomorrow night, gonna have one for my lunch tomorrow so will just have to syn it if it isnt a whole one!!

i bought some wholemeal pittas last week from Tescos and weighed every one on my scales. A majority of them weighed in at 55g with a couple of them 2-3g over but i just synned the difference. I don't think it matters where you buy them from as long as they are wholemeal and you have 55g as you heb and then syn the rest - please correct me if i am wrong.
Caroline.

i bought some wholemeal pittas last week from Tescos and weighed every one on my scales. A majority of them weighed in at 55g with a couple of them 2-3g over but i just synned the difference. I don't think it matters where you buy them from as long as they are wholemeal and you have 55g as you heb and then syn the rest - please correct me if i am wrong.
Caroline.

If it was 55g ANY pitta then it would say so in the book (like it says 57g any wholemeal bread, or 2 slices from any wholemeal 400g loaf).
For some reason, unbeknown to us, it states Asda. Therefore, it is only Asda pitta which is a HEB choice.

May be worth an email to SW?

Think its because as lentil says it something to do with the oil / fat content. I have just compared Asda and Tesco pitta bread and the fat content is Tesco 1.5g fat per serving whereas Asda is 0.9g fat per serving

Back