Question/advice

Milsey-Girl

Hi everyone

I had a light bulb moment this afternoon:cry: I'm going to Tenerife for a week in a few days and whilst packing my case, got so down when trying out shorts, etc to take away with me. Looking in the mirror I just can't believe how I look now. Oh, I've known for several years that the weight has been creeping up and I have had more than a few attempts to shift it.....but staring back at the pair of fat legs (surely they belong to someone else?:eek:) I finally realised enough is enough.

I've always been amazed at 'before' and 'after' pics I've seen in magazines and on the Internet and hoped one day that would be me - now I've decided it will be:D

Now, as keen as I am to contact a CD Counsellor and get started, I do have a question that I'm hoping some of the more experienced amongst you might be able to help. I'm quite a busy social person and whilst I'm sure I can accommodate and make the changes necessary, I'm going away on a girls weekend at the end of June to a spa that has a restaurant with food to die for.....the food is all paid for as part of the package (2 evening meals & 2 full breakfasts). I don't think it would be much fun for me to sit with my CD packs and water for the weekend so do you think I should hold back from starting until after my weekend away or is it possible to have a kind of 'break' for a couple of days? I don't want to sound like I'm not committed to this, I am, but I'm just so keen to get started! What would any of you do and has anyone else faced something similar? I know there will always be some social event or another that I'll have to contend with but the weekend away is special. My family have promised their support but I've not told my girlfriends yet of my intentions.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

xx

Hi hunnie,

As keen as you are to start, maybe you could use this spa weekend as your last treat before starting cd?

Hugs x x x

Hi everyone

I had a light bulb moment this afternoon:cry: I'm going to Tenerife for a week in a few days and whilst packing my case, got so down when trying out shorts, etc to take away with me. Looking in the mirror I just can't believe how I look now. Oh, I've known for several years that the weight has been creeping up and I have had more than a few attempts to shift it.....but staring back at the pair of fat legs (surely they belong to someone else?:eek:) I finally realised enough is enough.

I've always been amazed at 'before' and 'after' pics I've seen in magazines and on the Internet and hoped one day that would be me - now I've decided it will be:D

Now, as keen as I am to contact a CD Counsellor and get started, I do have a question that I'm hoping some of the more experienced amongst you might be able to help. I'm quite a busy social person and whilst I'm sure I can accommodate and make the changes necessary, I'm going away on a girls weekend at the end of June to a spa that has a restaurant with food to die for.....the food is all paid for as part of the package (2 evening meals & 2 full breakfasts). I don't think it would be much fun for me to sit with my CD packs and water for the weekend so do you think I should hold back from starting until after my weekend away or is it possible to have a kind of 'break' for a couple of days? I don't want to sound like I'm not committed to this, I am, but I'm just so keen to get started! What would any of you do and has anyone else faced something similar? I know there will always be some social event or another that I'll have to contend with but the weekend away is special. My family have promised their support but I've not told my girlfriends yet of my intentions.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

xx

Hey there, first of all welcome to minimins, and to CD! :)
I think it really depends on you, and whether you are willing to wait another month to get started. I know with me, I made the decision and met my CDc and started 3 days later, because I wanted this done now. However if you are prepared to wait, then it is entirely up to you.
You are correct though, there will always be social events, and part of CD is learning that you're life doesn't have to stop because of food - you can still go out with friends, or away to hotels, without having to eat too much or unhealthily, AND enjoy yourself. As CD gives you all the daily nutrition you need, you don't actually need to eat the food - is what you may eat between now and the end of June, plus going away with your friends, worth the extra hard work it is going to take shifting on CD? I know for me on the Cambridge Diet, every pound lost is worth so much, and if I had gone on a big eating spree prior to CD, and put on say 4 pounds, when I'm 4 pounds off my target weight I would do anything to take back the food I ate then.

CD is only temporary, you can go back to eating nice food - in moderation - once you are at a happy and healthy weight. I like to think of it as, I've had years and years of eating whatever I liked, a few months not having that is nothing! Plus, remember the cost factor - if you start now, and take the weekend off at the end of June when you go away, if you put on for example 4lbs with the free food, you may have to pay an extra two weeks of SS to get it off again - which would cost just under £80. In that respect, it isn't free food at all!

If it were me, I would start now, because I think as time goes on you are so thrilled with the losses that nothing is worth reversing them, not even lovely food. However I can see this is a difficult decision for you. If you feel you must go off SS, you can always go up to either SS+ - which allows you a small meal a day - or 810 plan, which allows you one 810 kcal meal. If you eat healthily whilst away, it shouldn't impact you too much. However, if you make the wrong choices, it will pay on the scales. It is entirely up to you though, and either way let it be a decision you made without any regret or guilt, and just stick to it.

Good luck :) xxxxx

When I decided I wanted to do CD I rang a CDC the same day and started the next morning-I couldn't have waited a month to start.I think once it clicks in your head you need to take advantage of that.Now about this weekend....there will(as you have already said) always always always be special occasions....so far during my time on CD I have had my birthday,my 11 year old's birthday,Easter,my baby's christening,a visit from my OH's parents involving 6 restaurant meals....Through all these I have stayed on CD and not eaten.No it wasn't easy, but it's been so so worth it.I have lost 4.5 stone in 11 weeks.That's a third of what I need to lose altogether.I couldn't have done that if I'd been eating.Yes your weekend away is special...but the food is just food-surely it's the company that will make it special, not what you put in your mouth...and in any case...what's to stop you booking another weekend once you have lost weight?

Thanks for all your helpful replies. I have e-mailed a local CDC (I didn't think it would be right to ring her on a Sunday?) and will make the appointment for the week I return from Tenerife. You all gave me a lot of things to think about and I think I really need to start this as soon as I can as I feel so motivated and starting after my weekend away feels too long away. Who knows, I may have managed to lose a number of pounds by the time of the weekend and will enjoy the weekend more because of it:D For some odd reason, one of my fears at the moment is how other people will react to me doing it. I know my in-laws will be dismissive and critical of CD but at least I have the excuse now not to have to go to dinner there for the next few months:clap:

Well done on all your terrific weight losses, I hope to be adding mine too in the near future:cross:

Back