Question for a CDC or anyone else's help please???

Nathalie20

Cambridge Diet Counsellor
Hello everyone,

I am more of a silent reader of these boards (try to dodge the boss at work hehe) I lost 4 stone with LL last year but have now moved to CD to loose another stone and a half or so ready for the summer hols :)

My firend is getting married in Sept and has a good 4-5 stone to loose so is meeting for the first time with her CD on Sat for an inital meeting. She rang her up yesterday and she said because she is so heavy (14/15 stone or so I think and quite short at 5"2) her CD has said because she is so heavy now if she puts on anymore weight before she starts she will need to go to the doctor first and go on another level of the diet?? Is this correct? I am not sure if I'm just being naieve (sp?!?) as I only had abmi of 28 when starting cd the second time round so didnt have as much to loose and obviously doing LL the first time and you had to see a doc but I didnt think you had to with CD?? and what's this other level surely it's just ss'ing like the rest of us on here??

Thanks a bunch :) I just feel responsible for her going on it so wanted to be able to tell her things xxxx

The counsellor is absolutely right.

New guidance in the past few months from head office states that anyone with a BMI of over 40 (morbidly obese in clinical terms) needs a GP signature to be able to do the diet.

Mike

I believe the rules have changed and now if yu are above a certain BMI you do need a doctors permission. I dont think it means a different plan though.

Thank you both, I'll let her know, she is ok at the mo as she is just under 40 bmi but now she can't have her last binge before starting bless her! x

Back