Question for Jim :-)

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by Tasha73, 17 April 2009 Social URL.

1. Tasha73

Tasha73 Member

I've seen you mention that your Atkins Induction was"clean and green". Does this mean that you ate no cheese, cream etc? Or that you did not eat the lo-carb bars etc?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Hi Tasha, sorry I didn't respond quicker but I don't usually log on over the weekend. basically the answer is YES love, back when I started Atkins the L/C and S/F stuff wasn't generally available, that plus the fact I was using the '72 version of His book.

I'm not saying you shouldn't have the bars and stuff but I'll be honest and admit that at heart I'm a Carb NAZI. :D

4. Tasha73

Tasha73 Member

Thanks for your reply Jim. I don't eat the low carb bars/products either (carbs are evil!). I switched over from Lighetrlife so am doing a clean induction. I haven't lost a huge deal but i think this is my body levelling out after 12 weeks of starvation. Did you also stay away from cream and cheese? I am assuming the '72 version was a lot more hardcore?

5. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Yes Tasha. the '72 book said NO cheese on induction and no Tomato's either. Cream was OK though, I used it mainly as a thickener, that's full fat cream of course. :D

6. Tasha73

Tasha73 Member

Okay I think I'll have to start doing this as well, see if it'll make a difference. Thanks for the info Jim - always appreciated :)

7. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Hey, no worries love. :)