Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Question for Jim :-)

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by Tasha73, 17 April 2009 Social URL.

1. Tasha73

Tasha73 Member

Start Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    I've seen you mention that your Atkins Induction was"clean and green". Does this mean that you ate no cheese, cream etc? Or that you did not eat the lo-carb bars etc?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Hi Tasha, sorry I didn't respond quicker but I don't usually log on over the weekend. basically the answer is YES love, back when I started Atkins the L/C and S/F stuff wasn't generally available, that plus the fact I was using the '72 version of His book.

I'm not saying you shouldn't have the bars and stuff but I'll be honest and admit that at heart I'm a Carb NAZI. :D

4. Tasha73

Tasha73 Member

Start Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Thanks for your reply Jim. I don't eat the low carb bars/products either (carbs are evil!). I switched over from Lighetrlife so am doing a clean induction. I haven't lost a huge deal but i think this is my body levelling out after 12 weeks of starvation. Did you also stay away from cream and cheese? I am assuming the '72 version was a lot more hardcore?

5. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Yes Tasha. the '72 book said NO cheese on induction and no Tomato's either. Cream was OK though, I used it mainly as a thickener, that's full fat cream of course. :D

6. Tasha73

Tasha73 Member

Start Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Okay I think I'll have to start doing this as well, see if it'll make a difference. Thanks for the info Jim - always appreciated :)

7. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Hey, no worries love. :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.