Question for slow losers

^^EBONY^^

Still Trying
Hi all,

Im not doing CD im on Exante (another VLCD) but thought i would come on here and pick you brains as the exante forum is really quiet. My second WI is tomorrow, first week i lost 8lbs and this week it seems to be 3lbs mabye 4 by tomorrow though i doubt it :( the scales haven't moved for a couple of days now :sigh: Most people seem to lose 1 stone in two weeks some even 1 stone in their first week, so even if i reach 4lbs by tomorrows WI im still not hitting that first stone off, i know it's all physiological and i should be happy with 11 or 12 lbs (and i am really) i just needed another 2lbs to get to the next stone down and that's really annoying. I have a niggling feeling that im gonna be one of those sloooowww losers so my question is quite simple really to all those that don't lose quite as fast as the others how do you keep going when everyone else has big losses and you don't? Also can you let me know your losses each week please so i don't feel im the only one that isn't losing as fast as others.

Thank You

You think 11lbs in two weeks is slow? Nooooo!!! That's brilliant! Give your body a chance... you've made a huge dent in the weight, but after week one the weight loss averages out at 3lbs maybe a week, and that is fab... faster and better than any other type of diet, but hey, it is not a magic fix! Be patient, the lbs will go, nice and steady. Maybe some very, very overweight people get faster results, and men sometimes tend to, but by any standards 11lbs in a fortnight is excellent. Well done!

xxx

I would echo what Kaitie says, Thats a fab loss and actually mirrors my own first two weeks. 8lb then 3lb...

I have also had a few weeks where I lost 2lb.. Sometimes we can get carried away by the big losses because we tend to shout about them more than the lesser ones so the smaller ones (which are still significant) are sometimes over looked...

Keep up the good work!!

Going to look up Exante now as never heard of that :)

x

I often seem to have one small loss and then a much bigger loss the following week, ie 1lb, followed by 7lbs the following week. So long as I'm averaging the best part of a stone a month I don't worry too much about the weeks where I don't lose much. The science of CD & other VCLD's is that you have to lose, so I know it will come off. Personally I don't weigh myself at all apart from at my "official" weigh-in and that way I don't worry too much about it. I have become obsessed with measuring my waist each morning though!

you may be slower if your not drinking enough watre or if totm is approaching but I wouldn't say your loss is small! It would take months on other diets to lose that! Well done. X

Hey Ebony, don't worry. My losses were about the same in the first two weeks. It's a fab loss :clap:

Some people have less, some more. A lot depends on how much you need to lose and how many carbs you were eating the days previous to the diet.

I lost 1.5lbs my second week. Now I could have been disappointed and thought "2lbs a week on WW/SW/Zombie diet" but I sat back and remembered that

*weight los is not linear
*I am not a machine
*I was thrilled with the prospect of a stone a month, so as long as I hot that I'm fine
*its 1.5lbs I never need see again

Now even taking that into account there are weeks where I still feel "if only I had lost ..." but thats very rare, normally I'm happy my weight has and is continuing to move down the way.

Some weeks that stand out for me are
1.5lbs
2.5 lbs
2.25 lbs

but looking at those "poor losses" I've still shifted almost an extra half stone and I'm very pleased with them!

Be proud of yourself!

Thank You everyone it's really appreciated, i did CD a couple of years ago and lost a lot more in my first two weeks and thought the same would happen again, i am pleased with my loss just a tad disappointed that it's not more and getting me down to next stone, but we cant have it all can we ;)

tillyfloss there's a board on minimins for Exante,it's really quite though that's why i popped on here, hope you all dont mind.

Thanks again.

Hi Ebony

Was it you that was going to start CD? Im over from exante and looking for a friendly face so to speak!

On my first day of CD SS today and finding it really really tough, the shakes are awful compaired to Exante so I really dont know what to do. I had a strawberry shake and was nearly sick and have just tried a hot capp and was very nearly sick............starting to panic as need to lose this weight so badly.

Back