Question for the girls .... sorry!

Well guys, had a lovely nurse to chat to yesterday at my appt. Been thinking of coming off the pill for a while now and it just seems like the right time so we've decided the following - based on medical fact rather than irrational emotion on my part.

It's about time I come off the pill (11 years been on it) and try something different. I'm all over the show with work and one thing and another means that I miss or take my pill late. So rather than going through the panic etc it's time for a change. Also, the pill I am on is high in estrogen which apparently makes me more prone to blood clots etc so I need to get off that.

Advised against a coil as I haven't had any children (painful) and not fancying the whole checking it's still there thing ..... eeeewwww!!

Patches are just as ineffective as the pill if you forget to change them. Not keen on injection - you can't do much to reverse it if you don't get on with it. So that left the implant.

As jane says, it's an individual thing and my body will react differently to someone else's. So been supplied with all the info I could ever need on the implant and booked in next Tuesday morning to have it done.

Thanks for all your replies/advice.

Sounds like you've made a well though out decision. hope it sorts things out for you

Back