Question for the guys...

Anisah

A pound at a time
As a woman I can be very sensitive about my weight, and I think most women who have had to deal with weight problems are.

I wonder though about from a guys point a view how sensitive you guys are about your weight. Can it get depressing and do comments made bother you?

Hi there Anisah, myself I just try to make a joke about it and laugh it off, but inside my weight does bother me and even the smallest comment will stick in my mind for weeks. This could depress some people but I’m strong and just keep on fighting the flab. :character00116:

I have always tried to ignore the fact that I was bigger and liked it in a way that everyone called me big man. I always ignored people who made derogatory comments and probably managed to intimidate a lot of people who would have made comments because of my size.

It bothers me more now though when I cant do the things that I want to do, like go on theme park rides, keep up with my four yr old for any length of time and go into a clothes shop and actually look for clothes as opposed to just sizes.

It took me a while to get my head into the right place to realise the being big is no good for me, my confidence was shot to bits, i had no energy, it was starting to really effect my health and I just thought enough is enough.

This time I am losing the weight and that is the end of it. I still really dont care what people think, I am not doing this for anybody else other than me.

Reactions: Mia
Yeah i'm wondering because my step dad was invited by a neighbor to go on their boat for the weekend. Well they had to do a practice run a couple days before because he's very large. So in the end he was able to go, but he had to sit on the center of the boat so it didn't tip over. I know as a woman that would have bothered me and I would have attempted to lose some weight. That didn't seem to phase him and he has gained even more weight since that weekend. So perhaps he is bothered but doesn't show it. I would really like to reach out and help him, but I don't know what to say.

Back