Question for those who have lost lots already

JazzyB

I am worried about exercising and loose skin etc because the weight is going to fall off me once I start LL :)8855:).
I have about 45lbs to lose (I could do with losing more but will be happy to have a BMI of about 24/25).
Can anyone tell me whether they have experienced lots of loose skin or have they been exercising like crazy to avoid this? I'm already full of stretch marks and when I've lost weight in the past my stomach has been extremely dimply and wobbly. I know the younger you are the more elastic your skin is but I'm still only in my early 40's so hope I dont end up needing surgery!!
Does your energy level drop because you are taking in so few cals as well?

Sorry can't help you but just to say I'm also worried about this - especially the energy levels as I work full time and have 3 kids. I'm always tired as it is and can't get my head round the idea of functioning on 500 cals a day!
Daisy x

:)Hi Daisy, thanks for your reply. From some of the comments it seems that people have more energy than before, but I'm not sure how far into the programme this is...losing weight in itself should make us feel better.
We both start the same day btw:)

Hi, I think one of the best sorces of exercise whilst on LL is swimming. It tones all the body and is not high impact as I don't think your allowed to do any real physical exertion.
I'm sure one of the guys on here will help a little more than I can.
Good luck with your LL journey, it will be the best decision you will ever make!

Thanks Mandy. You r doing amazingly well. Did you feel ok the first week. I cant take any time off work so am just hoping it doesnt make me feel too bad.:sigh:

Hi Jazzy,

I've lost about four stone and eight pounds so far, and haven't had too much of a problem. I've been useless with the exercise too - probably only been swimming about three times, and that's it! I definitely feel a bit less 'filled out'... my bum is much more - errrr - maleable (?) and wobbly - but this is down to lack of muscle tone, than skin.

It probably depends what you are like to start with - I was big all over - very lucky with my proportions... if your tummy is quite 'hangy' already, chances are it will take a bit longer to pop back (skin can take 12-18 months to catch up and fully ping back)..

You'll be fine though chick - you shouldn't have too many issues with the amount you've got to lose... and yes, it all happens very quickly!!

Anna xx

Thanks JazzyB, I was ok doing the first week a few dull headaches but I took paracetamol to cure them, the hunger pangs were no way as bad as I thought they were going to be. I will warn though don't give in and eat something because it is much worse trying to get back on it as I've just found out!!! At Christmas I lapsed and I wished I hadn't!! the headaches were much worse and I was so hungry.
I'm fine now as i'm back into ketosis, once you get over the first few days you've got it cracked!

Thanks Anna, I'm hoping not to but I have noticed a difference the last couple of years. I have promised myself some massage treatments as treats along the way so hopefully this will help too.
Did you feel energetic along the way, or were you tired all the time? One of the reasons I want to lose weight is because I'm fed up feeling so tired all the time.
xx

Wow, thanks. That doesn't sound so bad then. I have planned on a few early nights next week so I will hopefully be able to deal with it, but I dont really want to feel bad at work, and I'm going to try and keep it secret for a while that I'm dieting!

Hey - no, I have had loads of energy - but you will find you get tired earlier in the evening because you haven't got any 'fake' energy fueled by suger, fizzy drinks, food, soft drinks etc... I was getting tired about 10pm (i'm usually a 1-2am person) and my LLC laughed at me... "Anna, you are tired because you are tired. Sleep."

You become much more in sync with your body on this diet - it is you and your body, as nature intended - listen to it and you won't go far wrong :)

During the day, I definitely felt more revitalised - I used to be a real moper - had major anxiety/depression problems, and permanently felt fatigued... LL has changed all that - you're going to love it!

A x x

You look very healthy and vibrant Anna - I hope I find it as good as you obviously have done. I think I have been depressed lately - maybe not really depressed but certainly very down and have just wanted to hide away. I have put a stone and a half on it the last 6 months and the last couple of months I have not wanted to go out or anything. I'm still working and I have animals so have to go out everyday and such like, but I havent wanted to go anywhere with friends and have been indoors a lot, and eating a lot more because of it!!!!
I've tried to become invisible I think - and I dont want to be like this again! Ever!!

hey there.
You'll find after the first week your energy levels will increase. It's all about being in ketosis which lifts your mood and energy levels. Sounds a bit odd given you're on 500 cals but trust me, you'll be getting vitamins and minerals you've not had in your diet. It's the most balanced way to do it. Your skin will be better and you may find other benefits too. I found my eczma completely disappeared when I was just on the packs.
I didn't do much exercise as I found I didn't lose as much weight but swimming is gentle enough not to affect it and tone up a bit too.
As for the excess skin. Yes mine's pretty bad at the moment but is definitely getting better. It's never going to be perfect but I'm so much more confident and when I'm wearing clothes nobody knows. I've even been brave enough to expose my arms this christmas in spite of my bingo wings!
If my skin doesn't get any better then I may look into having surgery (I'm 31) but I can wear tight fitting clothes and you can't tell so I'm not all that fussed.
Trust me, when you get to your goal it's the last thing you'll be thinking of you'll feel so fabulous!!

I can't help with the skin issue, but I can tell you that you will have more energy than you ever though possible, certainly after a few weeks, anyway.

Everyone has different experiences the first few days i.e going into Ketosis.
Some have mild headaches, some have bad ones, some feel worse and some feel nothing, I was lucky in that right from day 1 I felt better than I had ever felt! Hopefully you will too :)

Every day now I start to get restless as I feel like I *need* to do something more with all this enegy I'm feeling, and when I don't, I end up doing what I'm doing right now, reading mini's and playing games at 2am because I'm not tired!

I've actually had had my bike serviced this weekend so I can go and 'burn off' a bunch of this restless, ansty feeling each day; I haven't ridden in over 5 years, that's how much better I feel!

But as Anna said, when you do have "full" days i.e. at work etc, then you will feel tired earlier in the evening, but like Anna said, that's normal! Other people get tired too, I've noticed that a lot looking at my family here; the only reason I used to be feeling "preppy" and awake when they were falling asleep and end up being up all night was because I was fuelled by sugary treats!

Also, when you say
JazzyB said:
....can't get my head round the idea of functioning on 500 cals a day!

remember to look at it as the full picture; you are only consuming 500 calories a day, but your body is still using any amount of calories it needs, it's just that those calories are coming from you instead of your food (1stone of fat is around 49,000 calories you know! 1lb = 3500cals!)

So, you're not living on "only" 500 cals a day; you are living off 500 cals of consumed food, and probably around 1800+ cals from all the stored food you've eaten in the last few years :)

I can't help with the skin issue, but I can tell you that you will have more energy than you ever though possible, certainly after a few weeks, anyway.

Everyone has different experiences the first few days i.e going into Ketosis.
Some have mild headaches, some have bad ones, some feel worse and some feel nothing, I was lucky in that right from day 1 I felt better than I had ever felt! Hopefully you will too :)

Every day now I start to get restless as I feel like I *need* to do something more with all this enegy I'm feeling, and when I don't, I end up doing what I'm doing right now, reading mini's and playing games at 2am because I'm not tired!

I've actually had had my bike serviced this weekend so I can go and 'burn off' a bunch of this restless, ansty feeling each day; I haven't ridden in over 5 years, that's how much better I feel!

But as Anna said, when you do have "full" days i.e. at work etc, then you will feel tired earlier in the evening, but like Anna said, that's normal! Other people get tired too, I've noticed that a lot looking at my family here; the only reason I used to be feeling "preppy" and awake when they were falling asleep and end up being up all night was because I was fuelled by sugary treats!

Also, when you say

remember to look at it as the full picture; you are only consuming 500 calories a day, but your body is still using any amount of calories it needs, it's just that those calories are coming from you instead of your food (1stone of fat is around 49,000 calories you know! 1lb = 3500cals!)

So, you're not living on "only" 500 cals a day; you are living off 500 cals of consumed food, and probably around 1800+ cals from all the stored food you've eaten in the last few years :)

Perhaps I need to do some excercise or something then! I am suffering with Insomnia and a bit of a case of the January Blues. Perhaps if I worked some of this energy off, I would feel better!!

Skinwise, I've lost 4 and a half stone now, cant sense any excess skin. But who knows. Got a way to go yet. I'd rather have a little excess skin and be heathy though! I can always beg daddy for a loan for a nip/tuck!

B x

Bekimo said:
Perhaps I need to do some excercise or something then! I am suffering with Insomnia and a bit of a case of the January Blues. Perhaps if I worked some of this energy off, I would feel better!!

Well I'm hoping it works for me, last few nights I have been up till gone 3am wide awake for no real reason, though not being at work has thrown my daily routine out the window this last fortnight so I know that's part of it too.

Bekimo said:
...cant sense any excess skin. But who knows.....

I'd be more than happy to check for you ;) :D

Sorry, I'm trying to be better behaved this year, honest! :eek::rolleyes:

Well, speaking for myself - I dop have a lot of loose skin - and I hate it. :( But - I would rather that then 10 extra stone on my bod.

45-50 pounds, you might not have too much trouble - and should tone up nicely wiht exercise.

Everyone's skin is different, and it takes a full year for skin to shrink as much as it will.

x

Oh I should have added I don't have any loose skin as I lost about 2.5 stone. Once I was on RTM, I filled out quite well and had a good shaped bum.

I hate the "filling out" bit. :( Thats playing havoc with my head. I don't like that my bum is fililng out. My hubby does - but I rather liked my boyish arse that I never knew existed. Now that its filling out, it makes me feel fat. Me no like.

i have now lost over 60 lbs and the only place i have noticable skin is my belly!!
im only 19, but had a baby at 15 and have held weight on my belly since i was bout 9! its not VERY bad but it is there, but in the last 2 weeks my oh said its getting better, and it doesntbother me very much!!
as for stretch marks, mine on my belly never bothered me before and still dont, but they are getting better!!

i only walked during foundation, and even now i dont do much more than walk in rtm!! and i never used creams or anything!! xxx

ohhhh does this mean ill get an ass? i dont have ANYTHING oh and can i have my boobs back while were at it? lol xxx

Back