Question for those who have lost lots already

I gotta say that I have a huge amount of excess skin and I also hate it!! But like BL I would much rather that than be the size I was. I now exercise alot and I can see an improvement. I did not exercise that much during the programme as I found that I went dizzy and felt weird but as I lost the weight I did do more walking and then in my final couple of weeks I started going to the gym 3 times a week doing a little cardio and some weights. I now have my own bike and treadmill and go to the gym to swim as often as time allows. I think the amount of energy you get on LL is very much dependent on the person...I wish all the new starters and returners all the luck in the world :)

Hi Jazzy

I've lost 11.5stone since last feb. I'm just about to start RTM so my body is still "settling" and I can see changes.
I'd be lying if I said I didn't have any excess skin, but it's a lot less than I was expecting.
Last Straw don't look at the next bit.
I've never done any formal exercise although i've always been energetic.
I want to go back to swimming now, but
I'm concerned about my hair colour so have to check with the hairdresser ( my hair has gone green before!)
I have got the proverbial "bat wings" and boobs and tummy are a bit wrinkly in parts but improving as time goes by.I don't have a flappy stomach.
It's still early days and is a million times better than I was when I was 21.5stone and as Bex says it's easy to cover with clothes.
I'm 54 so will never have the body of a 21 year old again ( unless he begs me!)>
I'm happy, not complaining at all and I will never contemplate nip/tuck surgery.
I've read too many horror stories.

Hi Bex and Slendablenda - you both look amazing!! :talk017:I am in awe of you both!! And so many others on this site!!Well done - you must both feel like completely different people!! How long til you started to feel the difference - was it fairly instant?
I start tomorrow, or at least I hav my first meeting tomorrow and I'm getting a bit scared!! Should I wear mascara or does everyone cry??????:eek:

Jazzy, I felt fine from the beginning and I started to feel better in myself very quickly!! I lost 2 stone in the first month which is the best encouragement there is!! I must admit that the amount I'd lost crept up on me!! I look at pictures now and I am truely astonished at the difference myself!! I am hoping to get surgery on my tummy as I do have some exceptionally flappy bits but it depends if the PCT approve it. Don't let the lose skin worry you though because the benefits far outweigh the disadvantages ;)
I wish you so much success because LL really can change your life!! I do slimming world now and although I gained over christmas I've been back at the diet and it's coming off nicely. My biggest advice to you is that LL is not a miracle cure but it can help perform miracles. Once the weight is off, the fight isn't over but at least it puts you in a good place. Keep us informed on how you are doing and all the very best :)

Thank you so much Bex. I really need to do something to stop the relationship that I have with food which is totally destructive and random!
I spent 6 months losing 2stone doing Weight Watchers (on my own cos i'd done the clubs b4). I felt great although I still needed to lose a stone and a half. But then I just went into eating overdrive and in the last 6 months have put on about 1 and 3/4 stone. So I'm back to square one again! I am so hopeless at this. LL is radical for me but I think I need the counselling and I have a conference for work in 5 weeks time and need to lose a stone and a half to get back into the one and only cocktail frock I own!!!
xx

Thanks Jazzy

Thank you so much. I don't think you need to worry about your mascara running on the first evening. I'm sure youre LLC will be gentle with your new group and let everyone settle and get to know each other. You should all get weighed, have your before photo taken, be measured,be issued with the book and the packs, probably be shown a LL video and be talked through the first week and any anxieties you may all have. I remember coming away feeling very inspired. Our LLC gave us some earlier copies of the LL magazine to take home which I found very inspiring over the first few weeks especailly.
Good luck.

Hello Jazzy,

As you know I started on the 1st january and must say apart from headaches(paracetamol did the trick) and one episode of nausea( I thibk That was because I drank a glass of water too fast. I have ben feeling fine.
I have already had more energy and feeling fantastic already.
Not sure what hapens next but that should help you.
And as you see how great beck,Anna, pete cath etc have done.

Thay are a great source of inspiration.
Let me know how you get on firt day. My first class is also tomorrow although I started on the 1st.
xxx
sukhi

Back