Question for those who have reached goal size!

loveablemonkey

Hey! This is my first post here!

I've just started Cambridge diet (day 4, it's getting harder I'm sure, not easier like it's supposed to!!) and am just wondering if after the diet your skin like around your stomach and areas like that was loose and saggy? Obviously I'll do a bit of exercise and whatnot but I'm worried that having a saggy stomach even once I've lost th weight is unavoidable! I'm 19 and was 14.7 stone to start, 5'7 in height and size 16/18, BMI 32, looking to lose about 4 stone. Anybody start at a similar size who can let me know? Also, does cellulite on the thighs go a bit when you lose weight? At least enough to be comfortable in a bikini!?.. because looking good in a bikini for summer is my ultimate motivation at the moment!!

Look forward to hearing what people have found :) Thanks!!

I am sure at your age, you will have nothing to worry about with regard to saggy/baggy skin, especially if you plan to exercise and tone. And yes, the cellulite does go xx

I'd say at 19 and with 4 stone to lose you should be ok. I was. Everyone is different but I'd think your skin still has a lot of elasticity.

Day 4 is often the worst so hang in there just think how gorgeous you will be in the summer.

Aw everybodys so nice and encouraging here, so glad I found this forum!

Hello lady and welcome to Mini's :)

I too am 5ft 7in - although I am a bit older at 30 and had a bit more to lose than you as last Jan I was 17st 13lb and am now maintaining around the 10st 8lb-10st 12lb range :D.

Generally I have found my skin has responded pretty well to my weight loss. With the exception of prune like boobies (I lost 10 1/2 inches off my bust :eek:) and a few slight wrinkles around the tops of my thighs and on my belly when I sit/lay a certain way I consider myself to have more-or-less got away without the saggy skin we all dread when starting out on a weight loss journey.

Saggy skin is always going to differ from person to person in response to lots of different variables - all you can do is make sure that you drink lots of :tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop:, moisturise and see how things pan out ;).

I always seem to have to put a downer on things!! I think your tummy/skin is all dependent on how much elasticity there is in your skin! I am 5'5'' and was 12st8lbs. i got down to 10st2 (put stone back on since then!!!), saddlebags and cellulite gone! But my skin is quite saggy! However I am 31 and have had a child so they are also factors that contribute to the sate of the poor tummy!!
It doesn't really matter because it is so easy to hide loose skin - I feel
much better now even though I haven't the perfect tum!!
Good luck.
Ceri

I think due to your young age your skin will be fine. Anyway better a bit of saggy skin than some extra baggage. :D

Well done on starting posting too.

Hi, sorry am a bit late in posting on this one...am quite new on here.

Well im 23 and was also a size 16/18 and similar weight. I think it depends on how elastic your skin is....you know some people get stretch marks really easily and others never do? well my skin is not very elastic at all and is really prone to stretch marks so I am covered in them even though I havent had any babies! Most areas of my body seem to be ok but the areas where I have lots of stretch marks have gone a bit saggy (belly and boobs) so I have been using a firming lotion which actually seems to be helping a little. I would suggest if you do have skin that is prone to stretch marks then try and use a good moisturiser/BioOil/firming lotion while losing weight which should hopefully help to tighten up the skin as you shrink! Otherwise, if you have good skin then you probably dont have anything to worry about. Good luck xxx

Back