Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Question from a newbie

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by cya1012, 4 October 2011 Social URL.

1. cya1012

cya1012 Member

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    18st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Hi All,

I have started the shakes today & I am on the 4 shakes a day + 200ml of milk. The question I want to run by you all is, do i have to take the 4 shakes a day? can i just take the 3 on SS? i was wondering if the only difference is the doctor's signature between the two?

I am struggling to drink 4 a day on my first day, not liking the taste at all.

Thanks x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mybodyisacage

mybodyisacage Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13.5lb(19.89%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    It depends if your a man or woman and if your a woman what your height is?

4. cya1012

cya1012 Member

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    18st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Hi, I'm a woman and 5ft 6, if that helps?

Thanks

5. mybodyisacage

Start Weight:
    19st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13.5lb(19.89%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    5"8' is the borderline for women, those above should be on 4 packs and below 3 packs a day so Im confused why you have been put on 4! Maybe because your bmi was close to 40? I started at 40.6 or something and just had 3 packs a day, Ive found it fine.

I think you should go back to your CDC and ask why? In the meantime if you are happy on 3, I would say stick to 3!

6. shrinkin'violet

shrinkin'violet Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(25.24%)
    Diet:
    CWP
    Whats your current BMI? If its over 40 you should start on step 3? Otherwise you can go on ss or ss+ depending on what suits you best! x

7. FeeneyFooFoo

FeeneyFooFoo Full Member

I only have 3, but I'm only 5'3 so not sure if that makes a diff??

8. Sapphireblue

Sapphireblue Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st9lb(31.4%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    i think you should definitely only be on three packs for your height and with your BMI you are borderline as to whether you will be ok on 3 or whether you should SS+ which is usually three packs and a v. small meal. either way, you shouldn't have to have 4 a day.

i would go down to 3 and if it doesn't seem enough, then SS+. the weight losses on both are supposed to be almost the same.

9. spangles

spangles Bouncy Castle

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st12.5lb(35.74%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    4 shakes a day plus milk is SS+ (it can also be 3 shakes plus a small amount of listed food). So your CDC has put you on SS+

I can only assume that's because your BMI is over 40. Unfortunately, Cambridge say (since early this year) that people over 40 BMI souldn't SS or SS+ without a doctor's note, and should start (I thought) on the 810 plan.

it seems like your CDC is confused, or is bending the rules a little, and it's up to you how to proceed. If you want to do things by the book, see your doctor or go up to a higher plan until you are below BMI 40. ALternatively, you can continue to bend the rules, and either continue to SS+ as you have been doing (4 packs plus milk), or SS+ the other way (3 packs plus food), OR drop down to SS (3 packs and no milk or food). It's up to you.

10. Sapphireblue

Sapphireblue Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st9lb(31.4%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Spangles is right 4 packs and milk is SS+ as well, just wanted to say that if you're not liking the packs you can replace the 4th one with a small meal.

11. eaf

eaf Full Member

Diet:
    Slim and save
    if you do have a BMI over 40 and just have 3 what will happen?
    xx

12. Jayellekay

Jayellekay this time - the last time

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(28.7%)
    I'm not sure. Though I'm sure someone can assist.

The rules only changed recently. I start with a BMI of almost 45 back in January, and according to the guidelines at that time, I was allowed to start on SS (3 packs).

I think NICE changed their guidelines, so CD had to comply.

13. mybodyisacage

Start Weight:
    19st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13.5lb(19.89%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I started over 40 and on 3 packs Im 5 weeks in and perfectly fine and now my bmi is under 40!

14. eaf

eaf Full Member

Diet:
    Slim and save
    well i am over 40 and on 3 shakes, she did say i can eat but i didnt have to. But i have some prawns during the day, just as a little snack to nibble when i feel peckish. but only eat about half the amount stated.
    week one i ate nothing and was fine? I could go with out eating quite easily but i dont want to do my self any harm? or slow my weight loss down? Thanks guys xxxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.