Question has been bugging me?....

ILovePopcorn!

Are our points allowance linked to calories?? I know we don't count calories I just wondered how many calories I am eating daily,it must be a deficit or I wouldn't lose weight would I?! Hmmmmm....just thinking out loud!!

the points allowance is based on the protein, carbs, fat and fibre in your food. not really sure how it works lol but it does :)

40 cals is roughly 1pp, but that doesn't always work. For eg i was looking at an ice cream tub the other day 120 cals, but with nutri info it was 4pp...

Rkmriddell said:
40 cals is roughly 1pp, but that doesn't always work. For eg i was looking at an ice cream tub the other day 120 cals, but with nutri info it was 4pp...

I agree
Although its roughly 1200 calories the plan isn't based around calories anymore so you can't really work it out like that.

It is not so easy to work out from points how many calories you are having a day. You could have two items the same amount of calories but one could have lower points because it is better combination of protein, fat, carbs and fibre. Add onto that you may eat 300 cals of fruit a day which aren't pointed. If you were really interested in calories you would have to count separately.

It is roughly 40 cals = 1pp ... But that's not always true ...

Try dividing the calories on something by 40, see what you get and then work out the points ... Your always be close

Track what you eat as points on ww app AND the rest on myfitnesspal. I think you'll find that the calories will vary depending on what you eat, but my fitness does a great breakdown of the macros and what % of ur intake is protein carb and fat. I think that's the only way to compare.

Back