Attack Question help please?

I can only speak for how I found it - in a word - boring! The food choices are in theory quite wide but my imagination ran out after about day 5 and then went into repeat menu mode. Also I started to have what are politely called 'transit issues' after about day 5 as well. And I was missing my vegetables, which I love!

I'm not sure its wise to go for longer than recommended for the amount you have to lose. I suppose you may lose more in that first attack phase, but the difficulty a lot of people have is that the weight goes up again immediately they go onto cruise. Its to do with water retention and the veg, I think.

Think you probably have to regard it as a marathon, not a sprint!

I would not do more than 6 days if that's what Dr. D says you should do.

I did 4 days extra attack and didn't lose anything on the extra days but lost on my first cruise week. I was pleased with my loss on the attack phase but towards the end it was really difficult to stick to it. I would just do the 6 days as advised.

Do what is recommended I couldnt have done any more than the suggested 4 days for me - couldnt wait to eat a tomato

The major drawback, aside from his having noticed no remarkable weight loss difference between 5 days and 10 days (except for the morbidly obese) would be the transit issues. Most of us find things "heavy going" (;)) after just three PPs... heck one can bung me up for a while!

So I wouldn't!

Thanks for your replies and you're all completely right. I had another look at the book last night and Dr Dukan writes a bit about when to come off attack especially for people like me, talking about the fragility of willpower to diet I guess. He says "the best way to maintain it (willpower) is to follow as closely as possible instructions that are as precise, simple, focused, concrete and non-negotiable as possible. For this reason I am asking you to trust me" p87-88.

So if Dr D says 6 days for me, then 6 days it is!

Today is day 5. :)

Glad to hear your following Dr D advice - I did 6 days of attack and lost 14lbs but then I have a lot more to lose than you and boy I couldn't wait for a vegetable. Good luck and enjoy cruise on Sunday!!! x

Back