Question on cooking spray

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Cheekypasterfield, 23 January 2010 Social URL.

1. Cheekypasterfield

Cheekypasterfield Rather comfy here

Start Weight:
    11st2.4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0.4lb(0.26%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Discover/Vintage Points
    Hi

I was wondering if someone could be give some advice on cooking spray.

When I was on WW, I bought their oil spray, where you have cooking oil and with five pumps it turns into vapour and is a spray. Its just like fry light.

What my question is, do I have to count the oil from the spray as syns, or can I treat it like fry light? I only ever use the spray from one pump and I wouldnt even consider it to be a teaspoon of cooking oil

Any views would be greatly appriciated

Thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. H*Bomb

H*Bomb Full Member

Start Weight:
    23st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    18st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2.5lb(9.12%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    2 syns for a 3.5 second spray or 7.5ml. However, in terms of pumps I do not know how many pumps 7.5ml is - possibly 2-3 (does it say on the can?). I would assume 1 pump would be negligable, but would be good to find out for sure!
    I am surprised by fry light - we did SW about 4 years ago and I could not bare the taste of it! However, they seem better now - especially the better than butter for roast potatoes. Going to try and get some of teh fry light salad dressing sprays!

4. j70joj

j70joj Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi, I love my ww oil sprayer and have just assumed you could use as fry light. So far does not seem to have done any damage. :confused:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.