Question re CD and Surgery

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by skinnymongoose, 8 December 2007 Social URL.

1. skinnymongoose

skinnymongoose Full Member

Diet:
    undecided
    Hi,

Pse can someone tell me what the rules are regarding how soon before surgery we have to stop SS and how soon after we can resume SS. Also, why, is it because of the anaesthetic or healing afterwards or what? I need to have elective surgery in the near future and need to plan for it.

Thanks very much.
    Sue

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Hi Sue

Sure an expert will be along in a moment to help. Not sure about before but I think it is 3 months after as your body needs time to recover. Hope all goes well.

Georgie
    xx

4. sumayyah

sumayyah please try again

Start Weight:
    23st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(25.3%)
    Diet:
    was cambridge now exante
    ive seen on a previous thread that you cant go under anesthetic while in ketosis

5. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    You will need to work up the programmes before the operation and the "standard" wait time is 3 months after the operation to allow for the healing.

Get your CDC to check with Head Office (Gill Wallshaw), I have to say if it is a GA I always get the MRF resigned by the GP but not before the 12 weeks are up.

Mike

6. skinnymongoose

skinnymongoose Full Member

Diet:
    undecided
    Thanks for all your replies :). I will have a chat with my CDC. Three months!! Strewth!! :eek:
    Sue

7. CW Consultant

CW Consultant Gold Member

Depending on the surgery it could be less. You must wait for your post op assessment then if all is okay your CD can then check with Gill Walshaw at Head Office.

After some procedures you can start back sooner but each case is assessed seperately.

Linda

Last edited: 9 December 2007
  8. polishrose

polishrose Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st8lb
    Current Weight:
    19st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(9.93%)
    Diet:
    exantecambridge
    I was told 6 months after my surgery for ovarian cysts...I was not happy I can tell you.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.