Question re CD and Surgery

skinnymongoose

Hi,

Pse can someone tell me what the rules are regarding how soon before surgery we have to stop SS and how soon after we can resume SS. Also, why, is it because of the anaesthetic or healing afterwards or what? I need to have elective surgery in the near future and need to plan for it.

Thanks very much.
Sue

Hi Sue

Sure an expert will be along in a moment to help. Not sure about before but I think it is 3 months after as your body needs time to recover. Hope all goes well.

Georgie
xx

ive seen on a previous thread that you cant go under anesthetic while in ketosis

You will need to work up the programmes before the operation and the "standard" wait time is 3 months after the operation to allow for the healing.

Get your CDC to check with Head Office (Gill Wallshaw), I have to say if it is a GA I always get the MRF resigned by the GP but not before the 12 weeks are up.

Mike

Depending on the surgery it could be less. You must wait for your post op assessment then if all is okay your CD can then check with Gill Walshaw at Head Office.

After some procedures you can start back sooner but each case is assessed seperately.

Linda

Last edited:
I was told 6 months after my surgery for ovarian cysts...I was not happy I can tell you.

Back