Question Re EGGS

I really don't think this would have any effect as lucky it was protein etc but your body got to use the energy / fat from the egg and not your stores so if you think about if you put more in that your 3 cd meals it will take longer to lose the weight ( talking from experiance )

however it was an egg and a good option to have a cheat but no one wants to be on this diet longer than they need to
keep up the good work pls don't beat yourself up about this xx

Hi,
I was very naughty yesterday and had one of my daughter's boiled eggs. I didnt eat anything else, will this have sent me out of ketosis????? Feel terrible:(

You need some protein in your body,eggs are a good start.A recent medical study showed that people who consumed two eggs a day never put on any weight,the research could no explain this,and pointed out that the volunteers in the study who were given three eggs showed a markd increase in weight? So you see that one egg wont count.Ive been losing a lot of weight just eating two apples a day,one in the morning and night.I was surprised when I read in the daily mail health pages,that apples are a powerfull appetite surpressant and Iam delighted at losing a lot of weight.apples work,and your teeth will look great. best wishes.:D:)

You need some protein in your body,

CD products do contain all of the protein that your body needs and the concept of this diet Gordon is not to eat eggs or apples :p

Sam - as slip ups go, this really isn't the worst thing that you can do. Like Wannabe says despite something not knocking you out of ketosis it still has calories and those will be burned before your fat stores.

The concept of the diet is not just about ketosis. That is a lovely side effect, but you can reach that with any low carb diet; it's also about low calorie and is called a very low calorie diet (VLCD). So even eating protein can slow down your losses.

Last time I did this diet picked regularly, but only on chicken! So I thought that was okay. It took me 19 weeks to lose 2 stone. This time round it took 6 weeks.

You'll be fine though Sam, so please don't feel terrible :) plenty of people have eaten much worse and still reached the end of their journey. x

I was surprised when I read in the daily mail health pages,that apples are a powerfull appetite surpressant and Iam delighted at losing a lot of weight.apples work,and your teeth will look great. best wishes.:D:)

I have also heard about this. I knew a women who eat and apple a wee while before each meal and she was really slim.
I'm not that fond of apples but i'm going to try this when i've finished this diet!
Mx

i did read a book called 3 apples a day it was wrote by a weight training lady i think - since past it on but she believed in apples i think i too will be adding them to my diet once at goal !

never knew that about eggs as my hubby has a 3 medium egg omolett every day so 21 a week ! ... i will try and look up about that study ( my hubby weight lifts etc so eats loads of protein 7 chicken breast 7 salmon portions 3 tins of kidney beans , milk and skimmed milk powder and dinner so you can see me doing CD doesn't save us much on the weekly shop esp as he insist every thing needs to be free ranged

Water girl - i too did pick chicken and found my loss slower than it should be i have promised myself i will only have what i am allowed, so ar so good !! x

Wannabe - that must cost a fortune!!! Have to admit that I love eggs and it's been one thing that I have missed and been tempted by. I'd never stop if I started though :). You're doing great, must be tough with hubby eating all that.

You need some protein in your body,eggs are a good start.

Not needed for the cambridge diet though as it contains all the protein you need.

The other items you mention could bring a Cambridge dieter out of ketosis, so probably best to avoid during the diet.

Of course, when maintaining, everything in moderation :)

You need some protein in your body,eggs are a good start.A recent medical study showed that people who consumed two eggs a day never put on any weight,the research could no explain this,and pointed out that the volunteers in the study who were given three eggs showed a markd increase in weight? So you see that one egg wont count.Ive been losing a lot of weight just eating two apples a day,one in the morning and night.I was surprised when I read in the daily mail health pages,that apples are a powerfull appetite surpressant and Iam delighted at losing a lot of weight.apples work,and your teeth will look great. best wishes.:D:)

Hi :)

Do you mean you have only had 2 apples per day and nothing else, as you say you have lost a lot of weight:confused::eek:

Wannabe - that must cost a fortune!!! Have to admit that I love eggs and it's been one thing that I have missed and been tempted by. I'd never stop if I started though :). You're doing great, must be tough with hubby eating all that.

It’s a nighmare how much our shopping bill is .. however we don’t have children so that helps and we both don’t drink or smoke so what we don’t spend on ciggys or booze goes on meat and eggs ! - I read the book from pig to twig and they rave about eggs as a super food so i am sure once at goal you can enjoy them , but KD is right all in moderation i do try and tell hubby ! lol

i have a book called the apple diet plan, cant remember the ins and outs but its something to do with the pectin (???) or something reduces your appetite so you have one before each meal....

Hi :)

Do you mean you have only had 2 apples per day and nothing else, as you say you have lost a lot of weight:confused::eek:

:8855::copon:

Back