Question Re Excersice and CD

fluffycat09

I have read several post in the past regarding excersice and cd.

I want to lose as much weight as possible in 18 weeks and I want to know quite simply if excersice will speed up the weight loss over that time or slow it down.

If you have an answer could you tell me if cardi or muscle building excersice is best.

I want to dance and do the wii fit, with some toning excersices. But and a very big but, I don't want to do any of these if it slows my weight loss down.

Thanks for reading...:D

I have done none, apart from a few situps, thats it, i think toning excersice would be ok, but i wouldnt do more, as it could slow weight loss. The way i see it there will be plenty of time when im working up the plans to start with some excersices when im having more cals to burn.

I've been going to the gym about 3-4 times a week since I started (just coming to the end of week 3) I've been doing cardio and no weights at the moment. You notice the difference when you do exercise and on CD because your not burning energy from food; you get hotter a lot auicker than usual. I've not noticed a difference in my weight loss but not been on CD very long in fairness.

The way that I think of it is that I might not lose as much if I build muscle but I might lose more inches and tone up a lot better. Plus I feel better when I've been and I'm improving my fitness - which was in need of a lot of improving!!

Its all down to you hunny, maybe try some cardio but take it easy at first and see how you go xx

Thanks for your replys guys. I'm still however not sure what to do. Does any CDC out there know the answer. If I excersise will it slow down my weight loss....... ?

I don't want to go to the gym 5 times a week, but would like to work out at home a bit. My weight loss often slows down for a bit and I want to avoid it. last time I have 3 weeks of only losing 2lb, ok if your on WW but not on CD. I wanted to avoid this. The only thing that got my weight going was a weekend off the diet, (it was planned as we had a wedding...). But I want to do this straight up to my hoilday and I am worried about weight not moving. I am really worried about this as I want to lose as much as possible.

Thanks again.

I work out a lot at the moment. I plan to take the first month or so off exercise. I will probably go for the odd walk in the evening or on a weekend or a random cycle somewhere. I will probably have to go swimming or pay the gym a visit for a walk on the treadmill, just so Im not wasting the monthly subscription! Being £25 a month isnt too bad, but it does equate to nearly a weeks worth of CD products! :)

how about calling up your cdc? or if you dont have one yet, fine one close to you and ask for there advice?

Hi Yep tried that, but I was wondering if any one else had any info. I remember reading about it before on here.

Thanks again for all your help.

It has slowed my weight loss down hun xx

For me its good as im loosing inches every week and im in no russ really, but my actual loss in weight has def slowed since i started 4-5 weeks ago. Others may be different but mine has.

Hope this helps

x

i thought you wernt meant to do excercise inthe first couple of weeks in ss?

Hiya
You are right, you shouldn't excersice in 1st 2 weeks. I was wondering about after that.

I was worried excersice would slow down my weight loss. I'm doing this up until my hols and they I 'm going to switch to WW, I guess the excersice will help more then.

I just wanted to use a few more cals and lose more weight.

What was your weight loss before excersice a week and what week was you on when you started excersice.
Thanks hun

Why dont you ask your CDC, mine brought me the CD exercise DVD to borrow this week as i was wanting know if I could do some gentle exercise.

I have done none, apart from a few situps, thats it, i think toning excersice would be ok, but i wouldnt do more, as it could slow weight loss. The way i see it there will be plenty of time when im working up the plans to start with some excersices when im having more cals to burn.

What Lin said lol!

KD posted something about this only a day or so ago. I'll find the thread and bump it.

Bumped - look at 'does exercise slow weightloss' by augustbride (post by KD)
Not technical enough to link - tried linkback and nothing happened!

Back