Question re scales!

janey0

Hi all, im doing good, and diet is going really well.

However...

When I started this diet last week, I was nearly 11lbs heavier on my CDC's scales!!! :O I had same clothes on and weighed before I left for CDC's at home, it was when I was setting off for appt, so no water gain.

I got my friend to weigh himself on my scales last night, I have both electric and manual. As I was shocked at such a huge difference. He had a medical last week at docs and was 11 stone. On my scales he was 11.1 on one and 11.2 on other. So who knows!!!! I am almost sure I cannot of been what my CDC scales says as there is no way I would fit into size 18 pants at 16 stone.

Oh well, as long as my CDC's scales show my losses, i'll go off mine. At doctors next week, so I'll soon find out the truth!!!

Could my CDC be trying to cheat me? Or are her scales just wrong? I don't see how mine can be with my friends weight?

Thanks

Janey

every set of scales tend to be different, i had manual ones and didnt way any where near as much on them as i did on cdc's scales, then i went out and bought some digital ones and weighed different on them, i weighed myself on my didtal ones every couple days just so i had a rough idea but mainly stuck to cdc's :D

I am almost sure I cannot of been what my CDC scales says as there is no way I would fit into size 18 pants at 16 stone.

Could my CDC be trying to cheat me? Or are her scales just wrong? I don't see how mine can be with my friends weight?

Thanks

Janey

Hi Janey

According to my CDC scales I am 17 stone,but 16 1/2 stone on my own and I am comfortably wearing size 18 jeans. So size 18 at 16 stone is perfectly achievable.

I am sure your CDC wont be trying to cheat you - it makes no difference to her how much you weigh. I would use the CDC scales to monitor your losses, but you could use your own scales as a rough guide to how much you are losing.

Personally, I have put my own scales out of the way as I thought I had lost 1/2 stone last week going by my own scales but CDC scales only showed 3lb.

According to my CDC scales I am 17 stone,but 16 1/2 stone on my own and I am comfortably wearing size 18 jeans. So size 18 at 16 stone is perfectly achievable.
I understand what your trying to say, but I meant I would never be in a size 18 pants at 16 stone, as I was wearing size 18 pants at 14 and a half stone. My scales at the start said I was 15 so it would make sense that my 18's would still fit me. But they would be incredibly tight at 16 stone, and they were loose when I started. Does that make sense?

I dunno, I know what sizes I have been in over the years when I have been around 15 stone, and the sizes I was in when I started this diet resemble those same sizes! A stone more makes a difference!

Janey

I agree with everyone else's comments re different scales and variations etc. Plus of course I presume when you weigh yourself on your CDC's scales, you're fully dressed and probably have half an ocean of water inside you? Same conditions at home?

One other thing to bear in mind - clothes sizes! If your memory tells you what you weighed ish for which clothes size ish, be prepared for a shock as you lose weight... they've moved the goal posts and changed the measurements for all the sizes!!

Why not try weighing yourself at Boot's one day on their super digital scales and getting a print out... perhaps the same day, full of water (and fully dressed!) that you go to your CDC...?

I agree with everyone else's comments re different scales and variations etc. Plus of course I presume when you weigh yourself on your CDC's scales, you're fully dressed and probably have half an ocean of water inside you? Same conditions at home?

Hi, thanks for your replies, I weighed at home fully dressed before going to CDC's house. Which is 5 mins away, no water between visit, and exactly the same clothes...Yet 11lbs more!

Weird huh!!!

Why not try weighing yourself at Boot's one day on their super digital scales and getting a print out... perhaps the same day, full of water (and fully dressed!) that you go to your CDC...?

I am going to do this straight before I go to see CDC this week. Boots is only round the corner from me too!

Janey

Good idea! And if Boots' scales agree with those of your CDC, you'd better get yourself to Argos and treat yourself to a new pair (OR not weigh yourself).

When my Dad was at my house, he weighed himself on my digital scales and weighed a whole stone more than he does on his at his home. He told me that his scales were more "sensible" ones. (Yes Dad!!)

i weigh 7 pounds more on my cdc scales lol but i don't mind as i do actually go by mine always have and her losses and mine are always the same :)

Good idea! And if Boots' scales agree with those of your CDC, you'd better get yourself to Argos and treat yourself to a new pair (OR not weigh yourself).

I have a feeling my scales are right though. My friend who went for medical was 11 stone. 11.1 on one of mine and 11.2 on the other. He only went for medical last week. He also weighed himself at a sevice station and was 11.2.

Oh well...we'll see!

I have had this problem with my scales. I weigh just a slight bit more on my CDC digital scales than my own. But on my manual scales i weigh about half a stone less then my digitial ones :). Its the same with my CDC. I got weighed on her manual scales for week 8 and compared to the week before (week 7) i had lost 10lbs, lol, i knew this was wrong :rolleyes:.

I think digital scales could be extra sensitive but all scales are calibrated slightly different anyway.

I think the best thing to do is to focus on your losses because this will be the same no matter what scales you use.

I jump on my maual scales sometimes though when i'm having a bad day on CD :(. Just so i can see myself at a low weight and feel better, lol :D.

You have had a super weightloss for the first week, way to go :). Stay strong and keep up the good work.

Good luck with your weightloss journey :) xx

Back