Question re ss and ssplus

pookie74

Is there a big difference in w8 loss between these 2 steps sa n ssplus- 3 sachets seems so few thought I would cOpe better on
4 rather than 3 - breakfast, lunch, dinner n hot chocolate @ 9pm!!!!
U
Also was told can not use sweeteners (tablet form) in coffee or tea. - however book given to me says u can- confused help!!!

All advise greatly appreciated got 4. Stone to lose n it needs to come off quick- any tips greatly appreciated xxx

Hi Pookie!

Already answered your sweetener question on your other thread. :)

The difference in weight loss between SS and SS+ (provided you stick to the diet 100% of course) is infinitesimally small. Theoretically, using the calories in minus calories expended formula, it makes a difference of half a pound over a fortnight to three weeks. Some folks are firmly of the opinion that the calories in minus calories expended theory doesn't work anyway. :D

Researchers would seem to agree. In a study I read recently, they concluded that it doesn't seem to matter whether you eat 450 calories or up to 800, you still lose weight at the same rate.

If doing SS+ keeps you sane, go for it! If on the other hand, you're someone (like me) who finds that eating something (even a few bits of chicken :sigh:) sets you off on a mad eating spree, consider doing SS and leaving food completely out of the equation.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Cambridge, by the way!

if that's the same study that i read, though - the reason that weightloss is the same on 800 as on 450 is that 800 is easier to stick to for most people, and so the lower than expected loss on the vlcd may have been because of cheating.

if that's the same study that i read, though - the reason that weightloss is the same on 800 as on 450 is that 800 is easier to stick to for most people, and so the lower than expected loss on the vlcd may have been because of cheating.

LOL, yes. I'd forgotten that bit! :D

I was just going to have 4 sachets instead of 3 - 1 @ breakfast,1 for lunch , 1 for dinner n 1 around 2100pm like a hot chocolate...

Back