Question to those who reached their goal weight..

elida

When did you start feeling and thinking like a 'not fat person' ?

I thought I would be more comfortable in my body by now but it is not the case..
There are some moments I feel great, but when I catch my reflection somewhere, I still see the fat girl I was 10 kg ago:confused:
I am still overweight of course.. But maybe I will always feel fat even after losing all the weight I am supposed to.. .

2 months ago I couldn't even dream about being here today by the way.. But I am as self-conscious as I ever was..:confused:

How are you dealing with your new appearance?

Hm, I started seeing myself as non-fat about 10kg from target...in the BMI 23 range. But I really think it differs for everyone, and varies with how you feel generally in yourself.

I'm quite confident in every other way, so it was not such a big leap to feel good about my body, too.

Just focus on how brilliantly you are doing, and start to love all those little changes you notice: how your jeans are a little looser, how you can squeeze less fat on your chin (lol - it's what got me!), how your thighs are slimmer on a chair, how you fit snugly into a coach seat, how your skin feels smoother...I could go on!

Look how much you've lost - that's a fantastic achievement. Surely you must have noticed some little things for yourself?

xxx

Congratulation on your weight change!

You may have discovered that your self-consciousness about your figure is not directly related to your weight alone - and that is a good discovery, because it give you chance to work out what is going on in your head while still reaching a healthy weight.

It's been 4 months since I got to my goal, and I am still surprised when I realise I am not "fat" any more.

But - and it's a big but - I was cripplingly conscious of my fat wobbly body for years, when in fact my weight was much, much lower than it is now.

In fact, I used to despair of my wobbly thighs and huge bum when my BMI was 16 - (of course I looked as if I had a big bum - at 6.5 stone I must have been a normal bum and head with stick arms and legs attached, like Mr-man!).

So now, I have a weight I like again, and I can wear clothes I love, I have concentrate on fixing my other issues!

One step at a time - and Dukan has made the first and biggest step possible.

Back