Question - VLCD - how long?

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by SarahJane, 11 September 2007 Social URL.

1. SarahJane

SarahJane Member

Good morning all.x.

I've just been reading on the net about these VLCD, and i have read a few times that some doc's reccomend that they are only done for 4 weeks at a time.

I'm taking it that you have all been on them for a lot longer?

It doesn't really say why they should only be limited to 4 weeks at a time! But just wondering why it would say that.
    I can't see the point of that when someone has got say 4+ stone to lose, that just incourages yo-yo dieting surely.

I know i'm not going to be where i want to be in 4 weeks time thats for sure!

Have any of you suffered hair loss after being on it for quite a while?

I must say though, my skin is looking rather fab - it seems alot clearer and brighter. Its either the amount of water i am drinking or no crap in my diet!

Have a great day.x.
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. ducatidiva

ducatidiva Silver Member

Morning SJ!

The amount of water definitely helps skin and general health - its washing away all those toxins that have built up over the years!!

As regards 4 weeks SSing, I would imagine that it might well be to do with metabolism, and not slowing that down. On CD, you have Add-a-meal week in I think its week 5. This, I believe, is to help prevent your metabolism slowing down. I am due to have AAM week next week and am pretty nervous about it, as I have been SSing for 13 weeks now. But I know its important to do it, even if I only manage a couple of days!!
  4. SarahJane

SarahJane Member

So, do you think it could possibly be beneificial if i was to add some white meat and green veg for 1 meal a day, once i have done my 4 weeks? Even if i was to do it for a few days/a week, and then back to SSing? Or do you think i am better off to keep SSing until i reach my goal and then do the re-feed?

5. ducatidiva

ducatidiva Silver Member

To be honest, I am starting to think that AAM is a good idea - after all it would be just *awful* to end up with a metabolic rate so slow that I would be stuck on a 1000 cals a day just to maintain my weight! Nightmare thought!

The quantities of chicken and veg that you are allowed on AAM are pretty tiny - I will find out how much it is and let you know.
  6. Bea

Bea Back on the wagon!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Cambridge +
    Am away with work in London week after next for 4 nights so I might try a AAM that week.....and see how I get on....I agree with Elle...not eating anything for months on end cant be good. Thats why CD recommend you have a week of some food.......
  7. ducatidiva

ducatidiva Silver Member

I think thats a good plan Bea :) Hopefully it will make being away easier on you!
  8. ravenbeauty5

ravenbeauty5 Keep smiling

Yeah thats a good idea Bea.
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.