Question - VLCD - how long?

SarahJane

Good morning all.x.

I've just been reading on the net about these VLCD, and i have read a few times that some doc's reccomend that they are only done for 4 weeks at a time.

I'm taking it that you have all been on them for a lot longer?

It doesn't really say why they should only be limited to 4 weeks at a time! But just wondering why it would say that.
I can't see the point of that when someone has got say 4+ stone to lose, that just incourages yo-yo dieting surely.

I know i'm not going to be where i want to be in 4 weeks time thats for sure!

Have any of you suffered hair loss after being on it for quite a while?

I must say though, my skin is looking rather fab - it seems alot clearer and brighter. Its either the amount of water i am drinking or no crap in my diet!

Have a great day.x.

Morning SJ!

The amount of water definitely helps skin and general health - its washing away all those toxins that have built up over the years!!

As regards 4 weeks SSing, I would imagine that it might well be to do with metabolism, and not slowing that down. On CD, you have Add-a-meal week in I think its week 5. This, I believe, is to help prevent your metabolism slowing down. I am due to have AAM week next week and am pretty nervous about it, as I have been SSing for 13 weeks now. But I know its important to do it, even if I only manage a couple of days!!

So, do you think it could possibly be beneificial if i was to add some white meat and green veg for 1 meal a day, once i have done my 4 weeks? Even if i was to do it for a few days/a week, and then back to SSing? Or do you think i am better off to keep SSing until i reach my goal and then do the re-feed?

Thanks.x.

To be honest, I am starting to think that AAM is a good idea - after all it would be just *awful* to end up with a metabolic rate so slow that I would be stuck on a 1000 cals a day just to maintain my weight! Nightmare thought!

The quantities of chicken and veg that you are allowed on AAM are pretty tiny - I will find out how much it is and let you know.

Am away with work in London week after next for 4 nights so I might try a AAM that week.....and see how I get on....I agree with Elle...not eating anything for months on end cant be good. Thats why CD recommend you have a week of some food.......

Back