Question - Vomitting Bug????

Sara4

Gold Member
Hi All

My baby has vomitting and diarrhoea all day and I feel pretty crap, so I think I may be getting it too! :jelous:

My question is....if I do get it through the night, should I drink other than water? I mean is it dangerous to be vomitting and have diarrhoea with ketosis? Any danger of losing too many body fluids???? I would normally drink boiled 7UP with this sort of bug or take hydration salts. What do ya think?

Thanks!

If it's a 24 hour bug then I would just stick with the water and try to flush it out. If it lasts any longer then I reckon you'll need something better from the chemist like diarolyte. Hope you and your little one get over it soon xxx

Thanks Lou! Am off to bed!

Hope your ok chick!

If you do need something other than water, just stick to it being the diet variety x

The diet variety is no good if you're trying to replace lost sugars/salts.

Personally If I ever have anything like this then I stick to just water for 48 hours, even if vomiting has stopped, then slowly re introduce other stuff, ie shakes!

Hope you didn't catch it though!! x

with vomiting and diarrhoea you lose essential salts that cannot be replaced with just water. If it lasts more than 24 hours you need to be looking at oral rehydration solution; you can use packets from the chemist like dioralyte or you can find a simple recipe on the web (using sugar and salt).

Back