Question

Maybe SW have it right with the free fruit and allowing you to have milk and cheese. Either one is supposed to be a lifestyle choice rather than a quick fix diet

I'm trying to look at this from a long term point of view and I just can't see points working for me in the long run. I've been advised by the wise and wonderful WW's on here to give it a few more weeks, maybe back on Core. I feel an experiment coming on :p

I think women change diets more often because they have to deprieve themselves more than men, especially on calorie related diets like WW. Some are on 17/18/19 points a day which is really hard. Men get 6 extra points just for being male! That's on top of the extra points for inevitabley being a few stone heavier whilst in the healthy BMI range. The amount my boyfriend can eat a day on his points is immense.. he struggles to fill them most days because he eats the same food as me :p

Sandy I didn't realised you'd switched to SW - that explains why I haven't seen your diary on here. I'll pop over some time while I'm visiting Irene and Gemma x

I think women change diets more often because they have to deprieve themselves more than men, especially on calorie related diets like WW. Some are on 17/18/19 points a day which is really hard. Men get 6 extra points just for being male! That's on top of the extra points for inevitabley being a few stone heavier whilst in the healthy BMI range. The amount my boyfriend can eat a day on his points is immense.. he struggles to fill them most days because he eats the same food as me :p

I'm guessing us tomboys can't use the extra man points??? :p

I have to admit the free fruit is something I absolutely love about SW, That was always a bug bear of mine on WW too. I love a banana with my cereal but 1.5/2 points on one seemed such a waste lol

I totally agree Sandy :D
When i dont ww i never eat fruit as i was to tight to use my points! Now i eat alot of it :D

I'm trying to look at this from a long term point of view and I just can't see points working for me in the long run. I've been advised by the wise and wonderful WW's on here to give it a few more weeks, maybe back on Core. I feel an experiment coming on :p

I know points might not be long term but surely portion control is? If you have a huge appetite and manage to lose 50lbs but still have a huge appetite then its not really going to help

I am on maintainence points of 32 which is more than 50% more points than my wife can have. However, I am taller, heavier and more active than she is.

...and when did being little stop you wanting to spend points on chocolate then...

32 points on maintenance - lucky you.

even with my high levels of exercise I am still struggling to maintain on 24 a day - darn my tiny person genes :mad:

Back