Question?

This is probably a dumb question but will the weight come off quicker if you exercise more? I know I shouldnt but I have weighed myself a couple of times this week and initially it was looking great, now its stopped! I am on week one and new to this. I have been extremely strict and not eaten a thing but can you tell me if you do eat (i.e. going away for a couple of days in 2 weeks time) what happens. I have read lots of things about if you eat the weight plus more :cry:goes straight back on?!?!?

Bloody hell I hope not, I am going away this weekend for a hen weekend and will have to eat so I dont fall over. I know it will def knock me out of ketosis but if I start again on monday I hopefully I wont gain even if I dont lose anything. I will let you know what happens on Monday and you can judge from that.

Sorry I meant to say in that message that yes excersise will def help shift a few extra pounds as you will be burning fat because you are in ketosis and not carbs as normal.

Exercise won't speed up your weight loss, not unless you do a lot. If you're doing enough for it to make a difference you're doing too much. For example: in an hour working hard in the gym you might burn 350 calories. You'd have to do that five times over the week to lose an extra half a pound. If you're doing that much you should be eating. Sorry!

I'd suggest you stop weighing yourself and start exercising gently for the health and fitness benefits, but don't try to use it to speed up your weight loss.

This is probably a dumb question but will the weight come off quicker if you exercise more? I know I shouldnt but I have weighed myself a couple of times this week and initially it was looking great, now its stopped! I am on week one and new to this. I have been extremely strict and not eaten a thing but can you tell me if you do eat (i.e. going away for a couple of days in 2 weeks time) what happens. I have read lots of things about if you eat the weight plus more :cry:goes straight back on?!?!?

OK, firstly I would say - yes do *some* exercise because its good for you!! Even just walking. But definitely dont overdo it. Its not going to make a huge amount of difference to your weightloss on LT, for example 20 mins on my crosstrainer only burns 180 calories - not a great deal unless you are calorie-counting. Plus muscle weighs heavier than fat so you want to avoid building up too much muscle - save that for when you are at goal! But the more active you are in general the better you will feel and the better your health will be.

Secondly - you need to eat 3500 cals over maintenance to put on 1lb of fat. That is A LOT of food! So, its likely that when you do go away and eat you will be mostly putting on water. So no need to panic! :)

Plus muscle weighs heavier than fat so you want to avoid building up too much muscle - save that for when you are at goal!

To be fair, that's not something you need to worry about if you're on Lipotrim - you can't build muscle on a VLCD, not if you're sticking to it. However, you *can* maintain the muscle you've got, so a bit of resistance training (weights) is a great idea.

Incidentally muscle is what keeps the weight off once you've lost it so it's always a good thing to have :)

thanks gals

Ravenbeauty5, Kate and Ducatidiva thanks for the replies. I will do a little light excercise and watch what i eat when I am away. Many thanks and good luck with your own weight loss.

Back