Question!

Hi hun, this is only my opinion......

We gain weight by eating too much and exercising too little.

Therefore, the body can get bloated by storing excess water, but at the end of the day the only way you can put on say a stone is by eating too much.

Have the injection, stick to SW and I'm sure you'll be fine hun. Sometimes people put on weight due to the hormones making them feel low, so reach for food to cheer them up... hence the weight gain.

This is just my POV though, sorry if I've offended anyone. x

see, i thought it was the hormone stuff that theyre givin you made you gain the weight... not the fact your eating lots but thats just a guess. also can you have it taken out as soon as you want??

I have found this on the net:-

Weight change

Weight gain varies among individuals. Some women will gain weight, others will lose weight. Usually the weight changes are small. Watching what you eat and getting adequate exercise may help when you are experiencing weight gain.

If you are on SW then you should be fine. As previous posts have said, you will only gain the weight if you come off plan.

the symptoms are more or less the same with the injection and the implant!!
if ur actuallly watching your weight then u shouldnt balloon!!
im due to have mine out in bout 2-3 weeks but will def be getting a sec one put in!!

how longhave ya been off it?? and are you all better now??
i hear the symptoms can still linger for up to a year, specaily as i have had it for so long. also im guessing it is the reason for my labido now as its the reason for so many others. i dont think its given me any other major problems apart from i get quite moody and low sometimes for no reason but that may just be cause im a woman :p. think ill go to the docs and ask about the implant when the injection has run out!!

sorry - i missed this question! i came off it in december 2007 and went onto cerazette (minipill) for a few months as i found if i let the depo run out i would get thrush. i came of cerazette end of feb 2008. by july i hadn't had a period so went to gp who put me on a 10 day course of hormones which were hell but gave me a tiny spot bleed. thankfully a month later i had a proper period and again in september, so they worked and were worth the suffering as they appeared to have woke my ovaries up which is such a relief!

...i'm seeing a gyno later this month for the other problems the depo as caused as my gp is baffled by what it is.

Back