Questions about cheating

AnnTeak

:eek::eek:

Did you manage to get to TW without cheating? If you did how long did it take? If you have or did cheat how far did you last before you cheated? Was it a planned cheat? And what effect did it have on your losses?

Thank you

This is a diet based on ketosis and thus must be followed strictly,those looking to cheat may be better off with weight watchers or not dieting. Having been up since 3am I can't face giving technical explanations of ketosis but google it to understand the importance of following the diet strictly. It really does work, and I feel great, but I had no desire to cheat and am maintaining this way of eating for life. I love the food and love the health benefits.

No I haven't cheated and nor do I plan to!

Grummywino I have been low carbing for quite a while so do understand about ketosis, I do wish I felt the same about the food as you do and felt great like you but quite simply I don't but losing the weight is the most important thing to me so I will stick with it for as long as I have to.

At the end of the day do you want to put every social event or bad or good day on hold??!!
No?
Then just get back on it and carry on, I have and although that isn't the idea sometimes life is too much fun, manic sad etc!!
Every bad day I've have has resulted in a gain that went the day after usually
Your call but don't beat yourself up! Xxx

Oh, in that case why the questions about cheating? To be honest are you sure this diet is for you? You don't seem happy with it, and you were struggling with energy levels too. Surely there's a better plan out there for you, life is too short to feel deprived, tired and miserable due to food. Have you looked into intermittent fasting? That might suit you better, just one idea though. Good luck!!

To be honest I can see why you are asking that question but I did think long and hard about doing this diet and most days it is fine, yes I am struggling with energy levels but I don't know how much that is down to the diet, I am just trying to rule out what may or may not be affecting them (I have 2 young boys just got a promotion which is quite stressful plus gone almost full time along with a cold!)

I am very happy with the results and while I have tried WW (trying to stay low carb) and pig to twig in the last 2 years I have had an initial loss but not been able to keep it going, this is the lightest I have been since I got pregnant with DS1 and if I am being really honest any diet leaves me feeling a little deprived I am someone that can gain weight very very easily, and then struggles to lose even 1lb a week. I am not sure about intermittent fasting and I don't want to jump from one diet to the next and when push comes to shove I should be at TW by Christmas according to the Dukan site.

And the reason for the question is just in case, I don't want to cheat nor do I plan to but if it does happen then I want to know exactly how it will affect me, and it might just give me that last little bit of will power not to do it.

Laura I do feel the same most of the time but if I can stick this out when I am so close to goal it will be worth it and I have figured out I am an all or nothing person when it comes to dieting, I can't just have that night/week end off and then go back, the longer I can keep going before I do give in the better!

:eek::eek:

Did you manage to get to TW without cheating? If you did how long did it take? If you have or did cheat how far did you last before you cheated? Was it a planned cheat? And what effect did it have on your losses?

Thank you

Do you know I think this is a good question, I started the diet in June and almost from day one I had it planned that i would cheat on my birthday in August. I had some chocs, crisps, homegrown jacket potato and ice cream. Sounds loads but in reality it wasn't because i didn't pig out on each thing. I didn't gain the next day, but the day after I put a pound on, but the next day I was straight back on the wagon and following the diet.

i think it all depends on the day etc like Laura said. Life gets in the way and there are times when a single cheat can lift the mood/day, or an occasion occurs when you have no choice, for instance, going out shopping for the day with my Mum we couldn't find anywhere that sold food I could eat on a PV day, so we ended up in a little cafe where I have a ham salad sandwich, I felt very bloated and in a bit of pain later on that day, but it was that or nothing...which wasn't an option. I have been feeling really low about stuff and I kept thinking about the snickers ice creams in the freezer. I resisted for a week and finally last night I had one. It was so delicious, but it didn't make me want to go and eat the whole box, and this morning I started a new day with a new sense of calm, I know it sounds cliched but I really do feel better for it.

But I also think that it depends on how much you have to lose, everyone is different and the reason we are following the diet is because we all want to lose weight, and its a struggle for everyone. But, without meaning to offend anyone at all, the more someone has to lose the longer it will take. Personally I have 6 stone to lose, I am half way there. it will take me til at least next March to get there, thats 9 months. I think the odd thing I might cheat on will help me to make the journey bareable.

I feel very very focused on this diet, I am so determined to lose this weight, and having lost over 3 stone I am very proud of myself. the last time i lost a large amount was over 20 years ago, this is the lowest weight now i have been in about 12 years. So although i do love the diet, love the cooking and variety I have discoverd. I personally don't mind having the odd cheat (probably averages about once every two months) because I know I am in control and I will not spiral out of control.

Ann If you have a bad day, in the future, and you feel you need to have a little something, just make sure you stay in control.

Good luck hunni. Keep on Dukaning

dukannotsofatty said:
Do you know I think this is a good question, I started the diet in June and almost from day one I had it planned that i would cheat on my birthday in August. I had some chocs, crisps, homegrown jacket potato and ice cream. Sounds loads but in reality it wasn't because i didn't pig out on each thing. I didn't gain the next day, but the day after I put a pound on, but the next day I was straight back on the wagon and following the diet.

i think it all depends on the day etc like Laura said. Life gets in the way and there are times when a single cheat can lift the mood/day, or an occasion occurs when you have no choice, for instance, going out shopping for the day with my Mum we couldn't find anywhere that sold food I could eat on a PV day, so we ended up in a little cafe where I have a ham salad sandwich, I felt very bloated and in a bit of pain later on that day, but it was that or nothing...which wasn't an option. I have been feeling really low about stuff and I kept thinking about the snickers ice creams in the freezer. I resisted for a week and finally last night I had one. It was so delicious, but it didn't make me want to go and eat the whole box, and this morning I started a new day with a new sense of calm, I know it sounds cliched but I really do feel better for it.

But I also think that it depends on how much you have to lose, everyone is different and the reason we are following the diet is because we all want to lose weight, and its a struggle for everyone. But, without meaning to offend anyone at all, the more someone has to lose the longer it will take. Personally I have 6 stone to lose, I am half way there. it will take me til at least next March to get there, thats 9 months. I think the odd thing I might cheat on will help me to make the journey bareable.

I feel very very focused on this diet, I am so determined to lose this weight, and having lost over 3 stone I am very proud of myself. the last time i lost a large amount was over 20 years ago, this is the lowest weight now i have been in about 12 years. So although i do love the diet, love the cooking and variety I have discoverd. I personally don't mind having the odd cheat (probably averages about once every two months) because I know I am in control and I will not spiral out of control.

Ann If you have a bad day, in the future, and you feel you need to have a little something, just make sure you stay in control.

Good luck hunni. Keep on Dukaning

Perfectly put!! X

Thanks dnsf, what a great reply

I feel very very focused on this diet, I am so determined to lose this weight, and having lost over 3 stone I am very proud of myself. the last time i lost a large amount was over 20 years ago, this is the lowest weight now i have been in about 12 years. So although i do love the diet, love the cooking and variety I have discoverd.g

This is just how I feel.

although I said I don't want to cheat and nor do I plan too, I will not beat myself up about it nor will I let it derail me completely if it does happen, I will accept for what it is and jump back on the wagon.
I am glad the odd cheat for you has been ok sometimes it is better to give in in a more controlled way to help keep you on the straight and narrow with only a small detour rather than loosing he plot completely!

Well said Dukannotsofatty!!! I agree with you - when there is only a stone or 2 to lose and it is only going to take 2 months it is a lot easier to say you can stick to the plan 100% with no cheats. I had 4st 8lb to lose and the website said it will take me 5 months. Within that 5 months I have my wedding anniversary, my sons birthday, Christmas, New year, a holiday in Disneyland Paris (half board) and my birthday. I accept that it might take me about 7 months instead as I will have the odd day off plan but the diet will still have worked a lot quicker and better than other diets. I think it all comes down to personal preference and self control. Having the self control not to have a huge binge and fall off the wagon completely! This diet being more strict prevents me from doing that which is working very well for me :)

I like the defined allowed food. Too much choice makes me eat more. Now that I've got my head around going out & not drinking the urge to cheat is very small. Think of the rewards of sticking to the plan. In my case 1 small cheat leads to disaster.

Bingo to you all, yes thats it exactly. Because we are given clear cut rules to follow it means we can't look at something and think, oh well one is ok....which then turns to 3-4. Like a bag of crisps, 150cals, 3points or syns, etc., so then we end up with more because its countable and allowed. Then think, oh I'll try again tomorrow, or even worse, thats the week ruined I'll start again next Monday.

Ann, you sound very focused yourself and I'm glad my reply has helped.
Bell, My you do have a busy time to come, but as you say, being in control of the diet means you can control those days.
China, well done on getting your head round no drinking. It is difficult, and when we conquer the demons! its a wonderful feeling.
Laura, :hug99:

when i started the diet last august the only cheats i allowed myself was vodka on rare nights out....usually 3 or 4 with diet coke I lost weight vsteaadily untill xmas where i relaxed a little and had some crisps & chocolates... think i gained around 1-3 lbs in 2 weeks i d have to go back my old diary and check. i got right bacck on the wagon untill i just had a few lbs to go then i blew it eating hubbys mars bars etc those last few lbs were on and off like yoyos till i gave myself a hefty boot up the bum and got rid of them very fast. struggling with conso now since ive been on holiday so cheating with bread cake choci etc does not work with me

Yeah but Ellie, at least you were focused enough to go back and sort it. You have lost loads.

I've also gained loads since my holiday, hopefully back on track now

Back