Questions about Food Packs

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by needtolose4stone, 1 September 2009 Social URL.

1. needtolose4stone

needtolose4stone Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hey Everyone,

I am looking to start the LL diet this month, but i am a VERY fussy eater, i would prob only drink a chocolate milkshake and only a few flavours of soup and snack bar. Do you get to choose which flavours you can have or do you get a random selection given to you?

Also what flavour foods do they do and do they taste nice?

Thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Hi and welcome :)

Shakes: Chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberry and Banana.

Soups: Thai Chili, Mushroom, Vegetable, Chicken and Tomato

Bars: Cranberry/Raspberry, Peanut, Lemon, Fruit, Toffee

And there is a Porridge pack.

Personally, I liked every single pack, but just the Cranberry bar and the peanut bar - others were too sickly for me.

It all depends on your taste - and attitude. The packs are merely a vehicle to take us to our goal - they are palatable, not uber-delicious. :)

With imagination, you can make interesting combinations with them to stave off boredom - make them into smoothies, or even ice cream. Again - note the word imagination. ;)

Hope that helps. :) Its a great - FAST - diet. Changed my life it did.

4. loula

loula Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(4.89%)
    Diet:
    Lighterlife
    I'm super-fussy too. My weekly shopping list is 25 choc shakes and 3 bars (toffee or cranberry). I haven't even tried most of the others as I know I like the choc and it's part of my routine now. I in fact quite enjoy not having to make any decisions about what flavour to have, whether to have soup or shake etc. I have a couple of bars a week for when I am out and about at work and can't make up a shake, but quite often I will manage a full week just on the choc shakes. Worth trying a few tho to see how you like them.

5. katalena

katalena Enjoying life!

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Diet:
    I was on Lighter Life
    I have tried all of the shakes, some I liked, some I wasn't so keen on. But tastes do change so it is worth experimenting through out. For the last few weeks my weekly packs have been, 21 vanilla and 7 peanut but I am now on 28 vanilla, which I mix with 500mls of cold water and a spoon full of coffee, mmmmm!

Kat xx

6. Jo B

Jo B Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st1lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st8lb(41.9%)
    Diet:
    LL
    I'm another one who has a limited "diet" - mine consists of 7 bars (3 peanut, 3 cranberry and 1 toffee) and normally 21 banana. Will sometimes have some porridges just to give me a bit of a change but I've been having that for about 19 weeks now! Strangely I am not yet sick of banana!

7. Snorks

Snorks Full Member

Start Weight:
    22st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st1lb(41.1%)
    another one here who has a pretty samey diet! Every day I have a peanut bar, 2 chicken soups and a choc shake.

I liked the cranberry bars at first but they got too sweet for me. I loved the thai Chilli soup for all of 2 weeks, and also loved the vegetable soup for a couple of months and then went off them. I think I'm going to retry them sometime but at the moment I'm enjoying my choice. I don't like tomato or mushroom soup anyway so didn't even bother with them.

You can get a selection of whechever ones you fancy and then if you don't like them your LLC can swap them over for you to ones you do like - as long as you can get to them in the week.

8. thin_inside

thin_inside I Can Do This!

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st3lb(32.95%)
    Diet:
    LighterLife
    I think its inevitable that you settle into a routine. Each week I have 7 vanillas, 7 bananas, 5 cranberry bars, 2 lemon bars, four veg soup, 2 thai chilli and a chicken soup. This gives a little daily variation, but not much!

I'm pretty happy not to play about with the packs as I quite enjoy them the way they are. Also because I don't want to be thinking of them as 'food', nor do I want to have substitutes for the types of food that caused me to gain weight in the first place. xx

9. yoyo-ohno

yoyo-ohno Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(9.78%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Hi there,
    Like you I am a real fussy eater too - I don't even like milkshakes !!! I make my packs with less water so they have a more mousse like consistency (actually more like uncooked cake mix). The peanut bars are gorgeous & I've just discovered a love for the porridge too. I'm sure you will find something you like.
    Best of luck with it - keep us posted
    love
    yoyo
    xx

10. slendablenda

slendablenda Gold Member

Diet:
    lighterlife
    Welcome,
    You can choose your flavours. They are palatable, but not generally scrumptious.
    I got into a routine,
    usually had vanilla shake for breakfast, sometimes with a spoon of coffee, makes a cappucino,
    Chicken shake for lunch and supper with hot tabasco and a bit of salt,
    Hot chocolate shake before bed with 2 sweeteners.
    No bars for me, didn't want to be tempted if they were too nice!
    Boring regime, but it worked for me.
    Good luck whatever you decide.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.