Questions - Salad & Chilli Sauce

Discussion in 'Route to Management' started by Mel P, 22 July 2009 Social URL.

1. Mel P

Mel P Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st3lb(35.96%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    What Chilli sauce do you all use ... the only one I can find is a Sweet Chilli Sauce, but I suspect this isn't what LL had in mind :confused:

Also, how much salad can we have (I know it's just salad leaves/spinach) - just not sure what the portion size should be.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Sean(JSF)

Sean(JSF) Making it all add up

Start Weight:
    20st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st6lb(36.36%)
    Diet:
    Finished - Lighter Life
    Mel - I used a hot chili sauce for spice, but also the sweet chili dipping sauce (especially with prawns etc), can't say huge quantities so couldn't see the harm either way.

Salad portions should be whatever you 'feel' is right, but no guidance. Some say a desert bowl full is about right but I usually had more than that. Salad is unlimited from the point of calories/fat, but just need to watch portion control as this is a lifestyle change that we all need to make.

4. Mel P

Mel P Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st3lb(35.96%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Thanks Sean - I love the sweet chilli dipping sauce so will try some of that in a couple of days on prawns ... yum :D

I've been having a desert bowl of salad, so will stick with that. Up to now with the protein I've found it very satisfying and not overfilling.

5. daisydoll

daisydoll Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(14.94%)
    Diet:
    was LL now diet chef
    hi there
    i didn;t use the sweet one as its too lovely and i wouldn't be able to stop at a bit. i used the hot pepper or chilli sauce which has 0% fat in.
    daisy x

6. Mel P

Mel P Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st3lb(35.96%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Thanks Daisy - I think I may have to change as your right it is too nice! I had some the other night and measured out 1.5 teaspoons ... was lovely but could have easily had more.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.