Puddings Quick and Yummy Carrot Cake

Pootler

Just made this up as I went along and it came out really good. Even past the non-SW-person taste test. :)

Ingredients:

• 5 scan bran
  • 20 g self raising flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • about 1/2 a cup powdered sweetener
  • 2 eggs
  • 20 g raisins
  • juice and rind of 1 satsuma
  • few drops almond essence
  • pinch of salt
  • about 1 cup of shredded carrot.

Method:
  1. Soak the scan bran in some boiling water, just enough to wet it but not make it sloppy.
  2. Mix in the eggs.
  3. Mix in the sweetener
  4. Mix in the salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, almond essence, baking powder, satsuma juice and rind.
  5. Mix in the raisins.
  6. Mix in the carrot.
  7. Clean off the sides of the bowl with a spatula and mix again, reapeat until the sides of the bowl are clean and everything is mixed in.
  8. Microwave on high (1000w) for about 5 minutes. It might need another minute or two depending on your microwave.
  9. Turn out onto a cooling rack.
Serve warm. You can make a topping with kwark, lemon juice and sweetener to go on top if you like.

I worked it out as:
3 syns for flour
3 syns for raisins
5 syns for scan bran
I refuse to count the syns in the baking powder. ;-)
So 11 syns for the whole cake. OR just 6 if you count the scan bran as your HEXB. Bargain. :)

The one thing that puts me of is scan bran I can't BEAR it. Its so BITTY!!! :-/
is there an alternative?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

It honestly doesn't taste like Scan Bran. Not like the chocolate cake does. The flour, eggs and baking powder make it more like a real cake. I actually put more carrot than this in too and that reduces the scan bran taste and texture to almost nothing. Plus I use the SB sprinkles - which you can get by whizzing your Scan Bran in the blender until it's a powder.

My Mum swears by All Bran instead of Scan Bran, but I suppose that's the same problem. Could you get away with that instead? Then you'd just use 50g instead of 5 Scan Bran crackers.

Tried this last night and it is yummy though have done scan bran cake without flour and tbh it didn't make any difference so think ill use more raisins next time and forget the flour!

you could use all bran instead and use it as your HEXB

Pootler said:
It honestly doesn't taste like Scan Bran. Not like the chocolate cake does. The flour, eggs and baking powder make it more like a real cake. I actually put more carrot than this in too and that reduces the scan bran taste and texture to almost nothing. Plus I use the SB sprinkles - which you can get by whizzing your Scan Bran in the blender until it's a powder.

My Mum swears by All Bran instead of Scan Bran, but I suppose that's the same problem. Could you get away with that instead? Then you'd just use 50g instead of 5 Scan Bran crackers.

Thanks Pootler :) I'll try it and let you know :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back