Quick Ketosis Question

nay

Hey all :D

I started CD today for my first time ever, and wondered, I'm on SS with 200 cal and wondered how long it takes to get into Ketosis?

Thank you :) xxxx

I usually start getting a headache at the end of day 1, the first sign that your body is starting to go in to ketosis. I'm on day 5 now and have the rush of energy that comes with sustained ketosis, so I've obviously been ketogenic for 2/3 days.

i'm not sure for me, - i stopped feeling hungry on day 4, but felt really grotty suddenly at the end of day five for a couple of days.

Day 2 - v bad taste in mouth - hello ketosis :)

Day 1 I had a really bad headache all day, Day 2&3 was an agony of hunger, Day 4 the hunger went but I felt like poop, day 5 I feel great AND I am not hungry .. I guess it's the same as what the others say between 3-5 days but it depends on your make up! Good luck ! xx

My day four morning was pulling along...and I had to nap at work during my lunch hour...not hungry all day and only had one soup for lunch...I also feel like I am coming down with a cold...but most probably a coincidence and not diet related...

Keep at it, it gets easier!

Is it normal to get a headache towards the end of day 1 then? Cos that's where I'm headed! x

Headaches are normal...drink water, cuz you may be dehydrated and not drinking enough. Also I remember reading inn general nutrition, headaches are often because the body need electrolytes...SALT

The CD bullion is salty...and refereshing?!

Day one almost done...see you round tomorrow!

Hey Nina,

What's the CD Bullion?

Should I have a little lick of salt? Gosh that sounds so stupid -_-

Ehhh I'm so new to this all! Headache is coming on strong but I'm trudging on!!!

A coiuple of paracetomol should sort you out. Well done, day 1 nearly done!

Back